Killing Bestial Claw Spider

Stays the same: site exp ring + hero of medal + exp ring

Test 1: With 60% exp items + medal of hero:

From 962.257 to 994.609 = 32.352

Test 2: With 0% exp items:
1026.961 to 1048.529 = 21.568

Test3: With 0% exp items and without medal of hero

1048.529 to 1070.097 = 21.568

Medal of hero - doesn't influence exp at all. (I used the 7 day referral one)

--
Due to having exp ring equipped and without possibility to destroy it - I can't test if exp ring is working.

But from pet lvl-up experience - seems like a lot of experience items aren't working - not just Medal of Hero.
6 hours farmed in sd3 (2 char group) - Got pet till lvl 70 .

Not tested stuff :
1. If experience ring is working
2. if item shop experience ring is working
3.If experience bracelet is giving the experience
4.if pet exp ring is giving any more exp

TVA

Another test
2 char group + IS exp ring + liutao
KILLING Bestial Claw Spider

1. 0% exp items , NO MEDAL OF HERO , NO EXP RING
From 1070..097 to 1084.475 = 14.378
2. 60% exp items , NO MEDAL OF HERO , NO EXP RING
From 1084.475 to 1106.043 = 21.568

3.60% exp items , WITH MEDAL OF HERO , NO EXP RING
From 1106.043 to 1127.611 = 21.568

4.60% exp items, WITHOUT MEDAL OF HERO, No EXP RING, Experience Bracelet (B) 3h 50%
From 1174.874 to 1201.834 = 26960

5.60% exp items, WITHOUT MEDAL OF HERO, With Regular EXP RING
From 1337.243 to 1358.811 = 21.568

What can we see from this tests?
1. Medal of hero - gives 0% exp,
2.Exp ring - gives 0% exp

Snake

Game Designer
Staff member
Game Designer
Hello!

First of all, thank you for the patience you have to test everything. Second, I have to say that I see lots of you don't know how exp bonus work in general, probably noone explained this old thing in Metin2 so I will try and give it a try. I did my set of tests and while I can say some things didn't come to my liking in terms of what type of exp they give, your test felled a little bit off and I can explain why.

In metin2 we have a number of different exp bonuses. As you can even see at your bonus list there are 2 bonuses listed: Double EXP (Gives a chance to gain an EXP bonus when you defeat your opponent) and EXP (increases the gathering of exp).

Now let me take the most tricky one and explain it. The Double EXP works like this. Let's say you kill a monster with nothing on you like you did. You will gain an x value of exp (this value will contain the bonus exp rates on the server). Adding equipment with a 60% EXP bonus increases your chances of gaining extra EXP upon defeating a monster. Essentially, if you have a 60% EXP bonus from items, there's a 60% chance of receiving additional EXP alongside the base amount. Items like Liutao or Hero's Medal or EXP form group offer this bonus. However, once your bonus reaches 100%, the extra EXP becomes guaranteed, resulting in no further perceivable difference in EXP gain. For instance, equipping Hero's Medal on top of a 60% EXP bonus from items guarantees the additional EXP every time you defeat a monster.

When it comes to EXP bonus we have no bounds here. In this category we have things like Bracelets, Exp rings, Medal of the Ancient Hero, even things like IM exp rings will do the same thing. When you've tested the EXP ring to see if it worked, you never tested it alone. You had that 60% chance of receiving the value of xp I talked about earlier. So the exp ring gave you the value but you didn't hit the 60% chance to gain the value once more from the other EXP bonus type. This will make sense if you remove everything from you that has Double EXP such as items and only test the ring, you will surely get better exp.

So all in all the exp works as intended but there is a small thing with the Hero's Medal, that thing should be in the EXP bonus not Double EXP so we will update its bonus in the next patch.

Hope this made this exp thing a little more clearer. Thanks for your patience!

Have a lovely day,
Snake!

TVA

Hi,
I have encountered an interesting phenomenon:

I have :

1.war, with pet lvl 92 (using exp ring + site ring + liutao)
2.shama, with pet lvl 85(using exp ring + site ring + medal of hero + 60% exp items)

At this point they receive almost the same % when lvl-ing the pet.

War: 1.63%
Shama: 1.94%
Given that shama has more exp and lower pet lvl, I expected for the shama to progress more than this.

Could someone explain if it's a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:

Snake

Game Designer
Staff member
Game Designer
Hello,

So I've explained you once how the exp percentage works for items and hero's medal.

Let's name it in other words. that 60% exp items+ hero's medal means 110% that is 100% cause you can't have more than 100% chances to get smth that is set let's say 100xp. So on shaman you have 100% chance to get 100xp for each mob killed on top of the usual number. When you kill a mob let's say you should get 500xp (including exp ring+site ring+ group xp and including the splitting of xp between chars and pets), so the warrior that has 0% double exp will get 500 and the shaman will get 500xp + 100xp. This is a general example. Now you are leveling up a pet, you have to take in consideration that xp is splited between chars and pets. So that value that is added will be less and less relevant cause there are too many splits involved. Also the pet difference is kinda irrelevant since the xp needed for lv up is somewhat close between those levels so a 0.31% is something.

I don't know how to explain this better. It is a harsh system that is hard to explain, but everyone leveled the pet with the same odds and the same things that u have at your disposal.