CH5 close? | WoM2 Forum

CH5 close?

Boghy8

Board Star
Glad to hear that reply from Paci.

I tried to understand who thought about this and why. And the only reason that came to my mind was something related to IS, even if it's a dumb one. Something like " new players will join, if they can't farm that much, maybe they will spend some €/$ to boost their start ". But the more I think about it, the more I say it's a really dumb reason & nonsense.

Or eventually, something related to the new update, but meh...

Every time you gonna cut something from our spot/drop we gonna be mad somehow, some more some less. But this is probably the worst moment to cut 1 channel when you're releasing an update like that. I mean what's the point? You gonna have more players, why on earth you would cut one channel?

We played with 3 channels (or 4, don't remember) during quarantine, and you added one channel probably 2/4 weeks before Wom2's player count went deeeeeeeeep down. Then you left the 5 channels till now, and I'm actually surprised and grateful for that.

So why you (TEAM) think, or thought, this is a good idea? I'm really curious about it, I really wanna know the reason because maybe it's something I didn't think about. I hope who took this decision will reply on my last question :)

Last edited:

ShootingSt4r

Board Star
Glad to hear that reply from Paci.

I tried to understand who thought about this and why. And the only reason that came to my mind was something related to IS, even if it's a dumb one. Something like " new players will join, if they can't farm that much, maybe they will spend some €/$ to boost their start ". But the more I think about it, the more I say it's a really dumb reason & nonsense.

Or eventually, something related to the new update, but meh...

Every time you gonna cut something from our spot/drop we gonna be mad somehow, some more some less. But this is probably the worst moment to cut 1 channel when you're releasing an update like that. I mean what's the point? You gonna have more players, why on earth you would cut one channel?

We played with 3 channels (or 4, don't remember) during quarantine, and you added one channel probably 2/4 weeks before Wom2's player count went deeeeeeeeep down. Then you left the 5 channels till now, and I'm actually surprised and grateful for that.

So why you (TEAM) think, or thought, this is a good idea? I'm really curious about it, I really wanna know the reason because maybe it's something I didn't think about. I hope who took this decision will reply on my last question :)
who is lying more, you or Paci?
my theory is they planned it 2 month ago, but we all know how fast wom2 updates work, so they just thought they add it into this one, without thinking twice, like they do in on 80% of their updates & events.
No one from the Team will answer ur last question (: habibi Boghy

PACI

Developer
A channel is meant to be closed when the player count does not justify its availability. Just like opening another one is justified by an increase of the player count to the point it makes it unbearable to play the game.

It is known there was a huge gap, over the course of the year, on the team, which translated in a lack of development activity and response from our part to the questions of the community.
I, myself, have been apart for almost half a year, and even now I am not back on track fully; a situation that was common in the core of the staff, as I was not the only one, even though I was way less active than the rest of my colleagues.

As the extra channel was open during months of way less movement in the game, it was possible to stockpile certain items, drops, and so on without much of a hassle, since player<->player activity became very rare. Closing it would increase this activity and reduce the litter, until it normalized completely.

Anyway, right now, a fifth channel is not entirely justified, BUT:
1. The player count raised slightly;
2. There is a decent update incoming.

Due to this two reasons we will let it open, for now. Should the situation develop positively, it will still remain there. Else, we will consider to close it again.

Trading

Legendary Promoter
A channel is meant to be closed when the player count does not justify its availability. Just like opening another one is justified by an increase of the player count to the point it makes it unbearable to play the game.

It is known there was a huge gap, over the course of the year, on the team, which translated in a lack of development activity and response from our part to the questions of the community.
I, myself, have been apart for almost half a year, and even now I am not back on track fully; a situation that was common in the core of the staff, as I was not the only one, even though I was way less active than the rest of my colleagues.

As the extra channel was open during months of way less movement in the game, it was possible to stockpile certain items, drops, and so on without much of a hassle, since player<->player activity became very rare. Closing it would increase this activity and reduce the litter, until it normalized completely.

Due to this two reasons we will let it open, for now. Should the situation develop positively, it will still remain there. Else, we will consider to close it again.
Thats actually a nice answer. I wish we could get answers like this more often.
Nice infos and good decission, thanks

Boghy8

Board Star

You took the right decision, considering the actual situation of this server and the near future one.
Thanks for the clean explanation. :grinning:

Stojeba

Board Star
Peaks with 5 Channel's get absolutely cancer to farm with JUST 4 players, imagine 1 Channel less. Imo its a dumb decision that will ONLY make people not join this community.
All because peaks offer 2.5x more profit than any beta map. That's just ridiculous fact. But people won't say that... Peaks is too OP. Not balanced for sure. I see beta maps almost empty whenever I go farm. Hope Team will notice this fact too.