What's new

Double drop in items HOW DOES IT EXACTLY WORK ON this server?

Drobecek

I have heard many opinions so far on this bonus..... soma says it is bugging some say it is the best thing ever, for I am not sure I don't want to hear any guesses please comment only if you really know how it works mathematical description at best.... so nerds.... enlighten me please someone :D does it work on mobs only? or on bosses? metins? how does it stack with thief gloves 2h item mall, lvl diff bonus, and so on.... I wanna know :)

Chrizz

the only thing i know is, that you cannot drop: 2 boss chests,2 Soulstone, 2 Skillbooks, 2 Armour/wep Stone.

Depending on how it works in this server there could be 3 things:
A: it simply works as 20% more drop like gloves and mall gloves and is stackable
B: you drop a weapon,armour,accessoir from a mob and get another drop like a minig guide or horse Taming Book, 1 red or blue gren lila potion etc
C: wom has reworked this feature and its a secret

In official Metin2 it works like version B

AdamlMalysz

40% drop bonus is too little to notice a difference without testing on big enough sample, so it's almost impossible to test for normal player someone from dev team would need to clarify that. However I can add something from my side that if we assume you drop 20% more frequently items and you paid 20kk for this bonus you need to drop items worth 120kk before you start benefiting from buying that item (without 20% drop - 100kk drop in items with this item it's 100*1,2=120kk). Another thing for example you drop orc tooth and instead of buying 20% orcs bracelet you buy 20% drop bracelet so you kill orcs slower and you can drop even less orc tooths with 20% drop bracelet than it would be with 20% orcs. Overall this bonus seems to be good, but it's also slightly overrated.

Toxic

40% drop bonus is too little to notice a difference without testing on big enough sample, so it's almost impossible to test for normal player someone from dev team would need to clarify that. However I can add something from my side that if we assume you drop 20% more frequently items and you paid 20kk for this bonus you need to drop items worth 120kk before you start benefiting from buying that item (without 20% drop - 100kk drop in items with this item it's 100*1,2=120kk). Another thing for example you drop orc tooth and instead of buying 20% orcs bracelet you buy 20% drop bracelet so you kill orcs slower and you can drop even less orc tooths with 20% drop bracelet than it would be with 20% orcs. Overall this bonus seems to be good, but it's also slightly overrated.
Just for fun show your metin and boss stats. Everyone cries about drop while having 300 metins in map2 and 2 Mahon kills.

Anyway.

The 20% bonus is, as it f-ing says on it, A CHANCE to drop more items.

image.png

So based on your goddamn luck and the server RNG, you MAY or MAY NOT drop more or less things from metins, drop easier or harder items from monsters.

Example: Back when I was lvl 42 I had 40% drop chance on me, 2h thief glove and early bird package glove and in the first hour I dropped 10 curse books from the monsters around the temple area. Second hour I barely dropped 3.

Conclusion? It's all f-ing luck. It's not useless, it just increases your chances to have better drop/more drop/faster drop.

People complaining about the same thing is very exhausting for other players, I don't even want to imagine how sick and tired staff must be from hearing the same thing over and over again from casual metin players that start a PvM hard and expect it to be easy.

Chrizz

Just for fun show your metin and boss stats. Everyone cries about drop while having 300 metins in map2 and 2 Mahon kills.

Anyway.

image.png

So based on your goddamn luck and the server RNG, you MAY or MAY NOT drop more or less things from metins, drop easier or harder items from monsters.

Example: Back when I was lvl 42 I had 40% drop chance on me, 2h thief glove and early bird package glove and in the first hour I dropped 10 curse books from the monsters around the temple area. Second hour I barely dropped 3.

Conclusion? It's all f-ing luck. It's not useless, it just increases your chances to have better drop/more drop/faster drop.

People complaining about the same thing is very exhausting for other players, I don't even want to imagine how sick and tired staff must be from hearing the same thing over and over again from casual metin players that start a PvM hard and expect it to be easy.
but thats not the point of this thread.

its about how it works not what may be written in a wrong description.
because on other server and offizial ones dpending on client language it says "chance to double drop a item" not more drop chance like gloves but double item drop.
( like you have a 40% chance that you double drop 1 item)

and the description was clearly wrong/missleading, so the question is how it is working on this server, and if the description here is correct or also missleading.

D

Deleted member 808

1682522314665.png and "chance to double drop items/an item" simply refers to the random number generator working in the background having a chance to reroll the entity loot table and drop an additional item whenever an item is dropped.
I has never referred to increasing the chance of dropping the same item again. It might also depend on how loot tables are set up. One reason we might drop multiple bonus changers from Chaoses, for example, is that they are part of a separate, limited loot table - and if only 3 different items are in that table, of course the chance to drop "double" changers increases, but it's just actually a chance to "double the drop" as in roll the loot table once more for additional drop.

This also makes no sense.
As a player you have the possibility to test 40% drop on a big enough sample.

I farmed for at least 24 hours total Facial Creams.
There have been entire full hours when nothing dropped - no Creams, no Ornaments and hours when I dropped about 7.
The RNG factor is stronger than the "drop chance" - plus the loot table mechanics.

Chrizz

View attachment 490 and "chance to double drop items/an item" simply refers to the random number generator working in the background having a chance to reroll the entity loot table and drop an additional item whenever an item is dropped.
I has never referred to increasing the chance of dropping the same item again. It might also depend on how loot tables are set up. One reason we might drop multiple bonus changers from Chaoses, for example, is that they are part of a separate, limited loot table - and if only 3 different items are in that table, of course the chance to drop "double" changers increases, but it's just actually a chance to "double the drop" as in roll the loot table once more for additional drop.

I farmed for at least 24 hours total Facial Creams.
There have been entire full hours when nothing dropped - no Creams, no Ornaments and hours when I dropped about 7.
The RNG factor is stronger than the "drop chance" - plus the loot table mechanics.
this is how it on Gameforge servers work. you have the chance to drop another item from an fixed loot table/ group.

The question is how it works on wom, because in Wom it says "Item Drop Chance from MOnsters" and not "chance to double drop item"

Toxic

this is how it on Gameforge servers work. you have the chance to drop another item from an fixed loot table/ group.

The question is how it works on wom, because in Wom it says "Item Drop Chance from MOnsters" and not "chance to double drop item"
It most likely works the same on WoM, I hardly doubt they changed the original metin system, it's 99,99% sure just a different translation

Chrizz

It most likely works the same on WoM, I hardly doubt they changed the original metin system, it's 99,99% sure just a different translation
oh they did rework a lot of things in OG wom, many things which players dont even notice :).

AdamlMalysz

In theory yes, but if you want to test for example if this bonus influence soul stone drop rate which according to what people are saying is around 0.1-0.5% you need to kill hundreds of thousand metins to have statiscally significant result.

AdamlMalysz

Anyway.

image.png

Why do you cite my post when you are writing about something completely different?

Mindfreak

Hello everyone,

From my understanding the "chance to double drop" bonus only helps with ALTERNATIVE DROP.

What does that mean?

Whenever you drop an item from something you also have a chance to drop an alternative drop.
If you search on google "Metin 2 wiki alternative drop" you will find the entire loot table for it but as a summary
the drops mostly consists in things like : yang, potions, books ( combo, art of war, poly, etc. ), zen beans, bless and the
most important are the EVENT-DROPS ( moonlight chests, chocolate, easter egg, etc. )
The wiki says "Alternative Drop can be obtained from every opponent. It does not matter what opponent you kill.".
The only thing affecting the double drop is your level and the bonus from the earrings + bracelet.

Why is it called DOUBLE DROP you might think.

Well, let's say you drop the main item from a mob, the game then immediately rolls for an alternative drop and you can get one of
the items mentioned in the alternative drops. Of course, less valuable items like potions and yang have higher chances of dropping
compared to items like bless or zen beans.

The main takeaway from this is that the bonus "chance to double drop" is useful for events in most cases.
Unfortunately we can't find out for sure if the developers from WOM changed anything about the bonus.
If they for example added "bonus changer" in the alternative drop list it would make the bonus extremely OP.

A response on this would be highly appreciated from the WOM staff that's for sure :D

If there's any mistake in what I wrote please feel free to correct me :)

Link for the video explaining how drop works ---
Link for the alternative drops --- https://en-wiki.metin2.gameforge.com/index.php/Alternative_Drop