What's new

DPS Mage - some help?

Jahiro

Heya,

i could need some advice.^^

First up, i know things like dps mage or bow ninja arent the made for PvE. I am just not interested into playing a aura warrior or weapon sura and putting myself on horse and hitting a metin until its breaks apart.

Since Bow Ninja feels like impossbile to play for PvE, i tried to play a heal-mage on full dps.

My skills level with 131 cast-speed (or Cooldown-Reduction) and damage:
lighting strike - lvl 6 (5 sec cd) 1900 - 2100 damage
thunder bolt - lvl m7 (11 sec cd) 4600 - 5200 damage
lighting claw - lvl m7 (7 sec cd) 2800 - 3700 damage
i am reading books constantly, so pushing them further until i need soul stones shouldnt be a problem
my auto-attack deals 130-190 damage

my int is maxed out and i stat on vit atm

with my autumn wind fan +7 i get to 404-435 magic damage (attack damage - 272-290) (10% Skill-Damage)

my crit rate is relativly low with 9% and 4% piercing hit.

atm i am trying to increase my crit-rate and and the skill-damage on my fan, but i see no other option to increase my magicial damage value on a level that would actualy help me

since a mount would only buff my str and dex (so my physical damage) it would help me in any way... also i cant just spells from a horse :(
and as i just learned, the pet on level 40 also only increase the physical damage value

so i feel kind of limited to increase my damage, maybe u guys got something i have missed to get stronger?

Chrizz

if you want to farm with a heal mage, use movement skill and attack + skill, get rid of the fan an get a bell with max Average Damage 30+

i dont know your level but at the moment when u get armed horse, skill dmg or magic damage is kinda useless unless u farm with skills - which is waste of time on level 30+ and higher metins.

also try to get a buffmage and use crit and blessing spell

get armour with 50 attack value
get shoes, and necklace with 10% crit
put +4 crit stone in bell

the lighning claw skill is kinda bad, i would remove it and skill attack+ instead

Jahiro

yeah, i kind of expected an answer like this^^

i cant enjoy gameplay thats only on a horseback, thats why i like to play mage, but after level 40 the damge of a mage just drops to far behind in comparision to other classes who actually use only autoattacks and got own damage amplifier

thats why iam a little sad that actualy cant use mounts and pets^^

its not like like i want the same dps as full magic/skill mage as all the other strong pve auto attack classes, but at least something comparable would be nice

gigabyte

yeah, i kind of expected an answer like this^^

i cant enjoy gameplay thats only on a horseback, thats why i like to play mage, but after level 40 the damge of a mage just drops to far behind in comparision to other classes who actually use only autoattacks and got own damage amplifier

thats why iam a little sad that actualy cant use mounts and pets^^

its not like like i want the same dps as full magic/skill mage as all the other strong pve auto attack classes, but at least something comparable would be nice
this is kind of how metin2 works, u will not break metin stones with skills.. if you cant enjoy the game when u need to farm from horseback maybe you need to find a diff game.

i hear that dragon shamy can be actually really good for PVM with blessing P giving 50% block chance, but you would still need to farm from horseback so yeah.. but you are not bound to weapon sura or body warrior necessarily. your class is good for pvp but not pvm sadly.

Toxic

Go level 60 and farm Naaga if you want a skill based gameplay. Orrrrrr be masochistic and go level 105 and wait for them to add Nemere, that's another skill based run XD Other than that skills won't get you far at metin farming