What's new

Farming on Beta Map Metins is a joke

xMovee

I've seen that some other members tried to push this topic. However, it got ignored or not seriously considered several times.

I just lvled up to lvl 90 and was excited about the beta maps. Turns out, farming on metins is not worth it. I deal over 14k dmg (2 chars) and i made around 60-70kk in average each hour while farming almost constantly on metins. I did around 70-80kk each hour in Fireland. This doesn't add up in comparison. Friends of mine also do much more in Red Forrest and their damage is way lower in comparison to mine on beta. It seems like these maps aren't tested drop-wise. In addition, these maps are even more overfarmed. In my opinion, these maps need a huge rework.

Edit: The tests were made with 10% drop bonus from the event (Shinsoo reward from fox hunt)

What's your impression on this matter?

AdamlMalysz

Not sure, how you made only 60-70kk in hour without any breaks in killing metins. I can earn up to 70kk pure yangs from selling items to general store and I deal slightly less dmg than you around 12k.

xMovee

Not sure, how you made only 60-70kk in hour without any breaks in killing metins. I can earn up to 70kk pure yangs from selling items to general store and I deal slightly less dmg than you around 12k
The best 1h glove i did (from the 4h i farmed) was 55kk pure yang and i dropped a lot of 2kk bars. The map was completely free. I don't believe that u generally drop 70kk pure yang each 1h. Show a proof of a average amount of several hours farming. Im curious. :D
I also asked around and many high lvl players tell me about similar experiences like the ones mentioned above.

darwizzy

who did u ask? personally at 13k damage i make minimum 100kk per hour, if its the first hour of the day and i can do cor then its easy 120kk, lucky hours when i drop soul stones add up to 150kk / hour

AdamlMalysz

The best 1h glove i did (from the 4h i farmed) was 55kk pure yang and i dropped a lot of 2kk bars. The map was completely free. I don't believe that u generally drop 70kk pure yang each 1h. Show a proof of a average amount of several hours farming. Im curious. :D
I also asked around and many high lvl players tell me about similar experiences like the ones mentioned above.
I never precisely checked how much I get per 1h. Today when I had free map I did around 72kk pure yangs and maybe 10-12kk was from bars, but let's talk about more meaningful numbers. How many metins you kill per hour? and what is your pure yangs per metin?

xMovee

i normally do around 30-40 metins per hour and the average yang i get per metin is somewhere around 1-2kk. I just did few more gloves and i had an empty map but i do not come close to 70kk+ pure yang. Back in the days, Malice metins used to drop a bit more weapons and bars. Is that still the case? Or where are u farming?

Toxic

Yea, welcome to WoM2 2.0 high level, where you get punished for leveling up and bothering to improve your character.
Can't wait for a follow-up post about beta items up rates
Pro tip: don't bother to level up any further, you'll have the nice surprise to get 3-4 items from a boss and 5 weapons from a metin and Snake will tell you it's totally normal to level up and get punished for it ❤️

AdamlMalysz

i normally do around 30-40 metins per hour and the average yang i get per metin is somewhere around 1-2kk. I just did few more gloves and i had an empty map but i do not come close to 70kk+ pure yang. Back in the days, Malice metins used to drop a bit more weapons and bars. Is that still the case? Or where are u farming?
I farmed at Nephrite bay and I think I destroyed more than 40 metins.

Bob

As a Beta metin farmer i have to comment on this.

Yes, farming Beta metins is still not worth it.
They did add chaos and silver bar increase, but it's still very mediocre.

but 60-70kk an hour? come on now, if it was that good the maps would be full of farmers which it isn't.
Maybe if you get lucky with soul stone drop, then yeah ok.

also, 70 -80kk in fireland? what is your secret?

xMovee

As a Beta metin farmer i have to comment on this.

Yes, farming Beta metins is still not worth it.
They did add chaos and silver bar increase, but it's still very mediocre.

but 60-70kk an hour? come on now, if it was that good the maps would be full of farmers which it isn't.
Maybe if you get lucky with soul stone drop, then yeah ok.

also, 70 -80kk in fireland? what is your secret?

You can do 60-70kk without stressing it. But to do more you need to push it and also have access to a lot of metins. But its still worse than Red Forrest etc., which makes it just a disappointment.

If you deal like 6-7k on fireland, u can easily do that much money on average in an hour. And getting to that dmg does not require much.

darwizzy

you guys are tripping comparing fireland with beta, 6-7k in fireland is almost the max damage u can get at 60 without pushes, go in beta with 20k damage and be amazed of how much u can make per hour

Stforjanka

I don't think that's a fair comparison, because yang investment is disproportional. If it was the case that you can make more at fireland than beta, for 1/4th the investment, it doesn't matter how far along the characters are developed in their adequate level range. If the character costs 4x the yang, it should be able to make at least double the income.

darwizzy

the progression of the amount of yang you make per hour from map to map is linear while the money you need to improve your account is exponential, this is the way it always has been and i fully agree with it, end game should be near impossible to reach otherwise u would finish the game in 2 months and then quit

also i feel like we distanced from the topic, personally I intended to stay lvl 90 so i can switch back to red forest in case i didn't like beta, its been a couple of weeks and i haven't stepped foot in red forest, and this was back when gloves were 6.5kk and rings were 2kk, now that the prices went down i can't imagine ever going back to red forest