What's new

Handu-Up Covenant Quests Guide - Details, Strategy, Advice

D

Deleted member 808

How many times will you swallow the same pill over and over again?
I wanted to wait for a more advanced player to step up and create this particular guide, since I'm barely 4 quests in, but no one seems to want to do it.
As such, there it is - the beginning of the Handu-Up Covenant Quests guide, which will include details regarding every quest, strategies to complete it faster (or at least within the time limit), as well as advice regarding the choice of bonuses.

70px-Huahn-So.png

There's an impostor among us.

I highly recommend and hope that advanced players will join the replies and give their insight regarding these quests. Anything of note, I will add to the main post.​

First of all, it is worth mentioning that the bonuses awarded are nothing but means of min-maxing one characters towards the end-game. They will not provide you significant benefits at a low level, which is why waiting to complete them later on is also a possibility.

The main strategy and quest mechanic here is the following - after the quest timer runs out (can be checked by pressing N and checking "Other Quests"), the Quest can be restarted by clicking it in the Missions tab. You don't have to go back to Handu-Up to retake a failed quest.

Note: the reward gives you the option to choose one of three bonuses. I heard that the rewards might differ from class to class, case in which, again, I ask assistance from advanced players that completed them on various chars. The information in question is based on the quests being completed on a Shaman.

200px-Wild_Dog.png

Eternal Watchers
Task: Kill 100 x Wild Dog and 50 x Wolf

Strategy: Easy, very straightforward, all the required mobs are found in front of Handu-Up's hut, at least in the Red Kingdom. I can assume it's the same for other kingdoms as well. You only need to Cape a couple of times, maybe change channel to do it faster.

Reward:
40 HP
1% AVG DMG Resistance
1% Chance to Penetrate

Advice: Overall, people recommend the Chance to Penetrate, especially for Warriors, since the 1% AVG DMG Resistance is too little to be noticed and have a decent effect. As we all know, Chance works a bit odd in metin2, even with 5% Pierce chance you start piercing quite a lot, at least in PvM.

200px-Bera.png

Animal Realm
Task: Kill 1 x Bera, and 25 x of each Cursed Blue Wolf, Cursed Wild Boar, Cursed Black Bear

Strategy: Here, it's recommended to let the quest fail and restart it when you find yourself close to Bera. Prepare scrolls to any of the three Guild Maps (Jungrang, Waryong, Imha). It is worth to check the maps beforehand and see where each type of mob is concentrated. Jungrang, for example, mas multiple Cursed Blue Wolf and Wild Boar in the islands around the entrance, while Cursed Black Bears can be found on the large (and lowest-leveled) island or on the final island. Scrolls to multiple locations are recommended - don't forget to also change channels.

Reward:
1% Critical Strike Chance
1% Strong against Demi-Humans
20 Magic Damage

Advice: PvP chars are usually recommended to take the 1% Strong against Demi-Humans, while PvM chars should take the Critical Strike Chance. I'm not sure, but I believe that both options round up more damage per than the 20 Magic Damage, in the case of Magic classes. Not 100% sure, looking for further advice in replies.

Craven_White_Oath_Archer.png

Dancing Arrows
Task: Kill 1 x Jin-Hee, 20 x Craven White Oath Archer, 150 x White Oath Archer

Strategy: Again, it's recommended to let the quest fail and restart it to increase your chances. However, if you're fairly advanced, even as a lv. 35 with armed horse, you can do it quite fast, depending on your strategy. Memorize at least 1 Jin-Hee spawn in your kingdom map and then look for lv. 25 metins in the White Oath area. I recommend killing first Jin-Hee, then any Craven White Oath Archers that you find (they are in the White Oath Area) and then doing metins and killing the archers for the rest 150 mobs.
What I've noticed in Red Kingdom at least is that the entry in map2, as you take the portal, has a couple of lv. 25 spawning very close. I did the 150 archers part there, switching channels 2 times. Quite easy.

Reward:
70 HP
10 Attack Damage
2% HP Absorb

Advice: Overall, I believe the 10 Attack Damage is a solid choice, as HP Absorb is needed only in certain situations (SD2 and 3), and even there, people prefer Block chance.

200px-Baby_Spider.png

Ephemeral Wisdom
Task: Kill 500 x monsters with lv. higher than 26 and lower than 56.

Strategy: You almost need no preparation for this if you choose the right location and/or metin. Personally, I went with lv. 40 Pride metins, since they spawn only melee mobs. One metin spawns about 120 mobs and you will most likely kill them all before the metin itself. You need about 4-5 metins to complete the quest. You can also prepare/buy some chaoses in advance. Lv. 40 Soul metins work just as fine, but Valley itself might be crowded, whereas Pride metins have a fairly erratic spawn throughout the desert and you're always likely to find some.

Reward:
1 STR
1 DEX
1 INT

Advice: Depends on class, obviously. I personally chose the INT even for my PvM Shaman, since it adds a bit to my buffs overall. I doubt one STR would've had such a big impact over my overall damage. INT will also be needed if a PvM Shaman ever does PvP.

I will edit the post and add information whenever I get the chance to do the upcoming missions or when I receive enough information from the community regarding - tasks, strategy, rewards, and advice on any Covenant quest.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 808

Post reserved for future quests/updates, in case required.

Bob

How many times will you swallow the same pill over and over again?
I wanted to wait for a more advanced player to step up and create this particular guide, since I'm barely 4 quests in, but no one seems to want to do it.
As such, there it is - the beginning of the Handu-Up Covenant Quests guide, which will include details regarding every quest, strategies to complete it faster (or at least within the time limit), as well as advice regarding the choice of bonuses.

70px-Huahn-So.png

There's an impostor among us.

I highly recommend and hope that advanced players will join the replies and give their insight regarding these quests. Anything of note, I will add to the main post.​

First of all, it is worth mentioning that the bonuses awarded are nothing but means of min-maxing one characters towards the end-game. They will not provide you significant benefits at a low level, which is why waiting to complete them later on is also a possibility.

The main strategy and quest mechanic here is the following - after the quest timer runs out (can be checked by pressing N and checking "Other Quests"), the Quest can be restarted by clicking it in the Missions tab. You don't have to go back to Handu-Up to retake a failed quest.

Note: the reward gives you the option to choose one of three bonuses. I heard that the rewards might differ from class to class, case in which, again, I ask assistance from advanced players that completed them on various chars. The information in question is based on the quests being completed on a Shaman.

200px-Wild_Dog.png

Eternal Watchers
Task: Kill 100 x Wild Dog and 50 x Wolf

Strategy: Easy, very straightforward, all the required mobs are found in front of Handu-Up's hut, at least in the Red Kingdom. I can assume it's the same for other kingdoms as well. You only need to Cape a couple of times, maybe change channel to do it faster.

Reward:
40 HP
1% AVG DMG Resistance
1% Chance to Penetrate

Advice: Overall, people recommend the Chance to Penetrate, especially for Warriors, since the 1% AVG DMG Resistance is too little to be noticed and have a decent effect. As we all know, Chance works a bit odd in metin2, even with 5% Pierce chance you start piercing quite a lot, at least in PvM.

200px-Bera.png

Animal Realm
Task: Kill 1 x Bera, and 25 x of each Cursed Blue Wolf, Cursed Wild Boar, Cursed Black Bear

Strategy: Here, it's recommended to let the quest fail and restart it when you find yourself close to Bera. Prepare scrolls to any of the three Guild Maps (Jungrang, Waryong, Imha). It is worth to check the maps beforehand and see where each type of mob is concentrated. Jungrang, for example, mas multiple Cursed Blue Wolf and Wild Boar in the islands around the entrance, while Cursed Black Bears can be found on the large (and lowest-leveled) island or on the final island. Scrolls to multiple locations are recommended - don't forget to also change channels.

Reward:
1% Critical Strike Chance
1% Strong against Demi-Humans
20 Magic Damage

Advice: PvP chars are usually recommended to take the 1% Strong against Demi-Humans, while PvM chars should take the Critical Strike Chance. I'm not sure, but I believe that both options round up more damage per than the 20 Magic Damage, in the case of Magic classes. Not 100% sure, looking for further advice in replies.

Craven_White_Oath_Archer.png

Dancing Arrows
Task: Kill 1 x Jin-Hee, 20 x Craven White Oath Archer, 150 x White Oath Archer

Strategy: Again, it's recommended to let the quest fail and restart it to increase your chances. However, if you're fairly advanced, even as a lv. 35 with armed horse, you can do it quite fast, depending on your strategy. Memorize at least 1 Jin-Hee spawn in your kingdom map and then look for lv. 25 metins in the White Oath area. I recommend killing first Jin-Hee, then any Craven White Oath Archers that you find (they are in the White Oath Area) and then doing metins and killing the archers for the rest 150 mobs.
What I've noticed in Red Kingdom at least is that the entry in map2, as you take the portal, has a couple of lv. 25 spawning very close. I did the 150 archers part there, switching channels 2 times. Quite easy.

Reward:
70 HP
10 Attack Damage
2% HP Absorb

Advice: Overall, I believe the 10 Attack Damage is a solid choice, as HP Absorb is needed only in certain situations (SD2 and 3), and even there, people prefer Block chance.

200px-Baby_Spider.png

Ephemeral Wisdom
Task: Kill 500 x monsters with lv. higher than 26 and lower than 56.

Strategy: You almost need no preparation for this if you choose the right location and/or metin. Personally, I went with lv. 40 Pride metins, since they spawn only melee mobs. One metin spawns about 120 mobs and you will most likely kill them all before the metin itself. You need about 4-5 metins to complete the quest. You can also prepare/buy some chaoses in advance. Lv. 40 Soul metins work just as fine, but Valley itself might be crowded, whereas Pride metins have a fairly erratic spawn throughout the desert and you're always likely to find some.

Reward:
1 STR
1 DEX
1 INT

Advice: Depends on class, obviously. I personally chose the INT even for my PvM Shaman, since it adds a bit to my buffs overall. I doubt one STR would've had such a big impact over my overall damage. INT will also be needed if a PvM Shaman ever does PvP.

I will edit the post and add information whenever I get the chance to do the upcoming missions or when I receive enough information from the community regarding - tasks, strategy, rewards, and advice on any Covenant quest.
Legend!!! I was waiting for this

Essence

Administrator
Staff member
I'm glad you made a guide about this questline as some people used to find it difficult to finish it at times, but you took the pleasure out of seeing them struggle with it. How dare you!
1689460945488.png
(bombastic side eye)

Keep up the good work,
Essence.

D

Deleted member 808

but you took the pleasure out of seeing them struggle with it. How dare you!
Oh, I do struggle - that should be enough!
Taking the blows for the community!

Thank you!

Any update on this guide ? Did you finally level up yourself 😏
This week or the following I should be adding everything up to level 80 or even 90 :D

Chrizz

i did go with 1% avg res and 2% hp absorb as a war, because i struggle so much not to die when using berserk ....
Also i believe magic classes should go for the 20 Magic attack damage, its a nice way to to improve all your skills base dmg, there are plenty of ways to add extra crit or dmg boost but not many to up the base dmg.