Help choosing class (New player) | WoM2 Forum

Help choosing class (New player)

Naxrok

Hi. New player here and returning to Metin2 after few years for nostalgic.
I was reading the guides again to remember what I forgot and reading opinions of people here about this server, but I still can't get a conclusion if play with 1 class or 2.

I create a Sura Weaponary and have it with Lv 44 atm. I like to farm but at the same time I was thinking to make it hybrid for duels, so I decide to lvl up his abilities in this order: Enc. Blade -> Fear -> Dispelling Brand -> Rupture -> Dark Twister -> Enc. Armour

The thing is, reading people opinions and what I remember, I think I will don't have the best fun in duels with my Sura Weaponary, so I want more opinions of people who know more, if isn't better to make my Sura WP an only-farming character (and level Enc. Blade, Fear and Enc. Armour first) and have another character just for the duels/wars. The other races that I like for his playstyle are Body Warrior, Shaman Dragon and Ninja Blade-Fight. What these 3 races "feels" at high levels (+90) in terms of duel? And personally, I was really thinking to make a Body Warrior (doesn't matter if it's more expensive), but, as I remember, it's a very common class, so, I was thinking if I'll have a disadvantage/disappointment at high levels cause of this (because people will be really prepared to counter him) or the game here is well balanced and with good equipment I can still have fun instead of frustations? I don't know If I explain this correctly, my english isn't the best. Thanks for any advice.

By the way, this is the best M2 I played ever. I can't believe I dodged it for so long. Really good job.

Melleril

If you started on Odyssey, there's still time to do what I'm attempting right now, if you want to, of course:

I started with 2 mages, for fun and because I like the playstyle, a lot. Then I had the same thoughts as you - what if this will disadvantage me in the future, after the merge with Aurora. Around 1 week later I have: 1 Dragon with almost 3 Ps, 1 Light with almost 3 Ps, Body War with G aura, close to G Berserk, Mental War with 2 Gs, Blade Sura with M6 Fear/Ench Blade, BM Sura with M9 ROD/Aphotic - you could take it one step further and add 2 Ninjas there as well.

The point is - Odyssey gives you a LOT of possibilities in terms of class/race experience. I had reached Taichi G in the second day on the Mental (because the secrets have no CD and they're like 2k Yin). While 1-2 of those chars will stay mid-level, all the major ones will move to high-level so that, when the merge happens, I'll have what to choose from and I won't have to spend months evolving a brand new char.

Just take 1-2 days to analyze Odyssey and you'll see that the opportunity in terms of simple character development shouldn't be missed.

Naxrok

If you started on Odyssey, there's still time to do what I'm attempting right now, if you want to, of course:

I started with 2 mages, for fun and because I like the playstyle, a lot. Then I had the same thoughts as you - what if this will disadvantage me in the future, after the merge with Aurora. Around 1 week later I have: 1 Dragon with almost 3 Ps, 1 Light with almost 3 Ps, Body War with G aura, close to G Berserk, Mental War with 2 Gs, Blade Sura with M6 Fear/Ench Blade, BM Sura with M9 ROD/Aphotic - you could take it one step further and add 2 Ninjas there as well.

The point is - Odyssey gives you a LOT of possibilities in terms of class/race experience. I had reached Taichi G in the second day on the Mental (because the secrets have no CD and they're like 2k Yin). While 1-2 of those chars will stay mid-level, all the major ones will move to high-level so that, when the merge happens, I'll have what to choose from and I won't have to spend months evolving a brand new char.

Just take 1-2 days to analyze Odyssey and you'll see that the opportunity in terms of simple character development shouldn't be missed.

Thank you for your answer! The only doubt I have left is if Oddyssey (currently playing) is more fast in term of exp compared with Aurora? I mean, I read it's a fast server, but what's the difference with Aurora, the server that will be finaly the destiny of my characters?

Naxrok

Any answer?? And what requeriments I need to my Oddyssey account to go to Aurora? Is about a minimum level? And every character need that minimum level? Or what I need ?

Boghy8

Board Star
Any answer?? And what requeriments I need to my Oddyssey account to go to Aurora? Is about a minimum level? And every character need that minimum level? Or what I need ?

IDemonI

Board Star
Thank you for your answer! The only doubt I have left is if Oddyssey (currently playing) is more fast in term of exp compared with Aurora? I mean, I read it's a fast server, but what's the difference with Aurora, the server that will be finaly the destiny of my characters?
On odyssey u will level slower if u cant afford full eq (site pet 15 energy exp set) etc

Naxrok

Thank you, I use the search bar but don't know why didn't find it.

On odyssey u will level slower if u cant afford full eq (site pet 15 energy exp set) etc

You mean Aurora right? Because Oddyssey is the fast server if i'm not wrong? But is noticeable that difference of exp between each server? Because a few years ago In one official server I took 20-30 days (and many hours each day, like 5-6) to reach a ninja to level 70 and it's a experience I don't want to do again LoL. But I don't think Aurora is that slow, right? And thanks for answer

IDemonI

Board Star
Thank you, I use the search bar but don't know why didn't find it.

You mean Aurora right? Because Oddyssey is the fast server if i'm not wrong? But is noticeable that difference of exp between each server? Because a few years ago In one official server I took 20-30 days (and many hours each day, like 5-6) to reach a ninja to level 70 and it's a experience I don't want to do again LoL. But I don't think Aurora is that slow, right? And thanks for answer
No i mean on odyssey