What's new

[How To] Enable Night Mode

VEVE

Hey there,
Today I've found a bypass to enable the night mode via it's game.cfg without any 3rd party softwares.

1st step: Right Click on your WoM2.exe from your desktop and click Open File Location.
1682871811537.png

2nd step: Search for metin2.cfg in your WoM2 file directory and open it.1682871941272.png

3rd step: Once you open the metin2.cfg file, search for the
Code:
ENABLE_NIGHT_ENV
line and make sure it's set to 1
1682872164597.png

4th step: Make sure to save your progress by fast pressing CTRL+S combination on your keyboard and then you can close metin2.cfg.
5th step: Come back to your metin2.cfg in your WoM2 file directory and right click it, press on Properties and make sure to check the Read-only option.
1682872423050.png
6th step: Press Apply > OK.

FYI:
For some reason I cannot upload this SS into this topic - so here we go, as you can see, you can bypass the night mode.

Notes:
  • You need your client & patcher to be closed.
  • You can open the Metin2.cfg via Notepad++ , Text Document or Microsoft Word Document.
  • In case you're missing the code line, you can simply copy & paste it in to your Metin2.cfg.
If you followed every step you should be ready to relax your eyes and farm like a maniac during the night time!

Last edited:

Loco

I'm pretty sure some objects on the map don't have weird lighting on night mode so they don't have it in the setting but this is a nice workaround.

VEVE

I'm pretty sure some objects on the map don't have weird lighting on night mode so they don't have it in the setting but this is a nice workaround.

Personally I didn't catch on any weird lighting but to be fair with you I wasn't looking for any in particular but I can assure you I didn't see any major issues with it especially in the major maps like Map 1 & Map 2.

Garou

Thank you Veve, very cool guide, much appreciated

For those who don't have Notepad++ or any environment to modify the codes, you can simply open it with Window's Notepad

1682877271069.png

And then you can modify it manually by switching 0 to 1
1682877319227.png

It will say you that you don't have the authorization to modify this file.
You fix this by:
1) Closing all the WoM2 clients
2) Saving the file in desktop and then replacing the one in WoM2 folder with the modified one

Lightson

After I follow all the steps I have night mode active in game, but after I check the read only box in the file Properties, I am not able to play the game in fullscreen mode.

Can you help with this ?

Nikku738

After I follow all the steps I have night mode active in game, but after I check the read only box in the file Properties, I am not able to play the game in fullscreen mode.

Can you help with this ?
The WINDOWED line has to be 0 in order to use fullscreen. If there is no windowed line just type WINDOWED 0 on the bottom on your own and save it.