What's new

Inferno: A bugged, unusable and frustrating ability (with videos).

Incendium

So, I already made a post in Sugestions about this, but I think this is the most apropriate section, since I'm not suggesting something, I'm reporting a bug... 3 actually.
I made a comparison on how it behaves on Wom2, and another Server (I censored the name, but pick any other server and this ability will work properly). I describe the bugs, attach a link with the video and a small discription of what I tried to capture in each of them.

Number One: No target - This is how the ability behaves when there is no target selected.

Wom2
When no target is selected, the ability is used anyway, the dragon figure is fired forward, because it's how it's always fired (in front of the character), however the visuals have no idea what to do, because there is no target. It's basically working like Dragon Roar, but imagine Dragon Roar being fired upside down. I think this needs no description, really, just look at it.

Other Server
On other servers it says to select a target. So that the ability knows where to go and be displayed correctly. This makes sense. Instead of the ability being fired where the character is facing, the character will face the target that we choose, unleashing the ability, all very fluid.

Number Two and Three (2 different bugs that compliment each other): #2Range halved / #3Not a skillshot anymore- The AOE of the ability is not measured by the Dragon figure, but by the spark trail it leaves on the ground (shorter than the figure) - and this is actually working properly. BUT, because in this server it's not a skillshot anymore, but instead a "lockedshot" (say like Flying Talisman, or all of Healing Shaman abilities), half of the abilitie's range is stolen from it.

Wom2

Not a skillshot anymore, as a locked-shot my character runs at the target to unleash the ability. But when it actually unleashes, half of it's range is being stolen (the range, not AOE damage), see how it kills the dog further away? Exactly, my character is not taking advantage of the real range of the ability, but only half of it.

Other Server
This is a skillshot. I choose the target, and unleash the ability. Too far away? The ability doesn't hit. Inside the AOE? Yes, that's the real range of the ability! I'm taking advantage of the full range of the ability. Right at the tip :)

Wom2
https://youtu.be/roncdMG8i9k
I pulled a cape, wow that's too many mobs, too strong. I need to use my ability and at the same time keep my distance. Not in this server you won't - I cancel my ability because I want to keep my distance. I can't keep my distance because the ability is not working as a skillshot. Totally useless. By the time the ability is unleashed the mobs are already behind me, stucking me. This is frustrating, my beloved character turned into a bot, running into the middle of mobs when I pulled a cape.

Other Server
I pulled a cape, wow that's too many mobs, too strong. I need to use my ability and at the same time keep my distance. I can because this is a skillshot. Fluid, responsive, this ability allows me to play different ways. If I play it bad, I f**** it up, but if I play it good, I made the most out of it's potential. No BOT mechanics here.

I ask the Team to please look into this. I know most players are playing characters like warriors and suras, but there are a few others in this server. Everytime I play and use this ability, I get a really bad gameplay experience which has no reason to be. Just revert this ability to how it always worked. There's no reason to change something that works, especially if the change breaks it.

PS: The option in Settings of Skill Auto-Lock have no effect on this. Enabled or Disabled, it behaves the same.

Last edited:

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

i can beleieve its frustrating, i did notify our team about your previous suggestion and now i am forwarding your report too. Thank you for the effort and time invested in this. Hoping for a positive outcome. Best of luck!

Regards.