Mage newbie gear questions | WoM2 Forum

Mage newbie gear questions

SavageBadger

Hi, I'm for the first time playing Mage seriously and have no idea what should I do with my gear next. Its fair to add that I never went beyond lvl 75 on any hard server which is my goal with this char. What should I upgrade next? Which bonuses should I look for? Which stone would be better for 3rd in armour - dodge or deffence and why? Currently I'm 69Lvl (578 deff) farming Metins of Death and spending money on upgrading skills. Any tips appreciated. Heres my equipment. Here's my eq (couldn't add image :C)

Kanki

Hey, before giving you advice it would be good to know a bit more about your playstyle.
First of all are u dragon or light mage and are you using a buff? Imo best thing to improve as a mage is equipping your buff and hitting with both chars, like this I did pretty good even compared to warriors.
Looking at your gear I would try to get myself:
1. 60 helmet+6 / bonus doesn`t matter that much and depends on what you want to do, but I wouldn`t advice to change much, better improving other things
2. phoenix shoes+6 with some hp and crit / blockin hits is just too good imo and you can still use your boots for your buff
3. try getting a better pearl neck or use this one on your buff getting a clean +9 for your main + a htn with some crit+hp
4. I would try changing bonus on your bracelet
Just my opinion though I don`t know your exact plans, for example if you plan making demon tower on your own it might not be worth to change the brace.
Next to those points I would always look out for bamboo bells on market with 35avg+.

Wish you good luck with your adventure I started with 2 mage`s on Odyssey too and never regretted it unfortunately I don`t have much time to play.

Melleril

Putting this as a reminder here as I have some questions as well (running 1 Dragon and 1 Light mage as well), hit the 50-60 cap and I'm afraid I did a mistake leveling up beyond 49...

SavageBadger

Hey, before giving you advice it would be good to know a bit more about your playstyle.
First of all are u dragon or light mage and are you using a buff? Imo best thing to improve as a mage is equipping your buff and hitting with both chars, like this I did pretty good even compared to warriors.
Looking at your gear I would try to get myself:
1. 60 helmet+6 / bonus doesn`t matter that much and depends on what you want to do, but I wouldn`t advice to change much, better improving other things
2. phoenix shoes+6 with some hp and crit / blockin hits is just too good imo and you can still use your boots for your buff
3. try getting a better pearl neck or use this one on your buff getting a clean +9 for your main + a htn with some crit+hp
4. I would try changing bonus on your bracelet
Just my opinion though I don`t know your exact plans, for example if you plan making demon tower on your own it might not be worth to change the brace.
Next to those points I would always look out for bamboo bells on market with 35avg+.

Wish you good luck with your adventure I started with 2 mage`s on Odyssey too and never regretted it unfortunately I don`t have much time to play.

I'm a dragon mage and I'm not using a buff. For now I'm mostly playing alone and farming stones, as I said I'm not sure what could I do after hitting 75+, I never played mage for long enough so I don't know what is it capable of - I'll for sure revisit farming guides, as ppl from Aurora did great job on those, I'm just looking for sugestion what could be a good direction. I'm more of a casual player playing to chill and to do some activities with my friends that are mostly playing body warriors :D Was planning to get pheonix shoes next and work on my mount next as I didn't get one yet. I'm gona look for others items mentioned by you as well. Thanks a lot and I hope you will be able to play some more to enjoy your mages :)

BlazeWind

Board Star
First - I'd suggest to try and get used to playing with 2 mages.
Natures Enchantment on Light Mage is different than on other servers and gives a LOT of damage - at P with 132 int it's +101AP and +6,72% dmg, multiply that x2 because mages get x2 the effect and again x2 because you're hitting with 2 mages and at lv75 the buff is comparable to AoS and Enchanted Blade when hitting metins.
At higher levels AoS and Blade scales with character level, so Warriors and Suras naturally get stronger compared to 2x Mages with Natures Enchantment, but it's still very potent.

You'll have to double your equipment however, but don't mind too much about one Mage being less tanky - with proper use of Wedding Ring to teleport and a bit of aggro juggling you can always make it so one Mage tanks the mobs.