1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. WoM2 uses Discord. Join us now!

Opening of Global Server II on 16th December

Discussion in 'News' started by Shogun, November 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shogun

Shogun Owner Staff Member

Dear community,

Following the results of the poll recently made here in this forum, we have decided to open a second english language server under the WoM2 label, known as Global II.

The new server will be identical in features to the existing Global server with the only exception being the rates which will be lowered substantially in order to present a bigger challenge. Some drop rates and features may also be lowered or blocked at the beginning. The new server will be accessed through the same client, however you will need to create new accounts to play. As is currently the rule with the Romanian server, accounts and dragon coins cannot be transferred between both.

The opening date has been set for Friday, 16th December 2016 at 18:00 Central European Time. Item Shop will become available a week later.

Shall you have any questions regarding Global II, feel free to add your comments here.

Last edited: November 22, 2016
  2. HateMondays

HateMondays Member

Let's see if you're right that most people stay on global-1...

3. 019

019 Well-Known Member

Is the Item-Mall avaiable when the server starts, or will you wait like on RO server?

4. Lexus47

Lexus47 Board Legend

See you there!

5. Loki

Loki Board Star

Sounds challenging defenitly going to give it a try.

Smaashley, Jatos, 019 and 1 other person like this.
  6. michael

michael Active Member

See u there I'll be buying some dragon coins ;)

7. AlpKhan

AlpKhan Well-Known Member

Please dont do this. We had hard work on this server. Maybe some eager guys want new server but they are not the majority. It is certain. If global 1 online dies most of people leave wom2 . Please think your decision carefully.

mikas101 and yasu like this.
  8. xLyumi

xLyumi Well-Known Member

See you there :)

Jatos and Lexus47 like this.
  9. SilencedPT

SilencedPT Well-Known Member

Guys, only goes to new server who wants, more as @Shogun said rates will be lower that means more work to do with chars, and some people that are on global I maybe won't go to Global II cause of that, let's see what will happen.

P.S: See you there folks

10. Caileen

Caileen Board Star

See you there, finally some fresh air and new challenges ;)

Jatos likes this.
  11. Shogun

Are you aware that there are many people who want to play the new server and are NOT currently playing here?

Some don't want to begin in a server which is already a few years old; others did but found getting to the top too time consuming. You are assuming players will just split between both and that's not how it works; and I know this very well because I have been playing the game since 2007 and involved in managing it since 2009.

As was the case with the romanian server, the majority of its players will be new, though we do expect many current players to show up at the beginning just out of curiosity, I'm pretty sure there won't be a substantial effect on the current server, just as there wasn't with the Romanian server. When the Romanian server was announced, Global server had maybe 10% more players than now. Not really a significant effect and yet the Romanian server has a playercount of 1200 online at peak times.

And talking about money, let me say something.

WoM2 is investing most of its income in the server itself (about 70%), whereas other major servers are investing maybe 10% or 20%. So that money will largely go into improving the server itself such as hiring new staff to work on updates or support.

WoM2 is often praised for the quality of the support and how closely we watch for hackers. That's possible because we are the only server -to my knowledge- which is actually paying the GM. We also were first to introduce features such as the offline shops which everyone is using now. Of course, to do that, we need money yes. What did you expect?

Last edited: November 22, 2016
  12. HateMondays

HateMondays Member

Great Words that let me believe.

But although I think you can't and shouldn't compare the RO server with Global-2, because the new server is also in english language.
    While the RO server almost only attracted romanian player, the new one will attract almost EVERYONE.

13. Shogun

When we opened the Romanian server, 75% of Global players were Romanian.

14. HadorisHUN

HadorisHUN Board Star

I tell u why the first global will die. Its simple. Ok lets say that only 20-30% of global going in the new server.
    Still fine i guess, BUT 1-2 year and playerbase will go down as fk. why? Because this server wont have any new players to play, 95% of new players will going to play in the 2. global. Why should they start in the 1. server where already every in 100+? no1 will. Everey1will start to play in the 2. server.Thats why 1. global will die. U will see ;) cya boys!

proLETARi and xLyumi like this.
  15. Shogun

If I got one of these every time someone said the server will die I would be rich by now.

[​IMG]

qTheGuy and Mykapora like this.
  16. HadorisHUN

HadorisHUN Board Star

2 year and we will see!

17. chiplo

chiplo Board Star

People say that the global will lose players, if that is the case that means more people want to play on the new server which contradicts some speculations that there are more people who dont want a new server than those who want.

This had to happen. global reached to a point of stagnation. no one wants to buy dragon coins as getting the price in yang of a 100dc voucher in the game is for some a matter of hours.

18. 019

019 Well-Known Member

I would be pleased if someone from team would bother to answer my question, instead of trolling around here. :)

19. Think

Think Ex-Lead Developer Staff Member

Yep! Buying DC will not be possible for the first few days (~1 week) for that fresh experience :)

Jatos and 019 like this.
  20. SirChill

SirChill Well-Known Member

:))))

castraveteletau likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.