What's new

Overpopulation, Respawn too low.

Toxic

Hello!

surely not every team member can sit in front of his PC and read and write all day long plus play. Most of us do have other jobs, families...we cant, or well at leats not all of us can do all these obligations along with this job + to also play. We do give our best to understand you to improve whatever we can to be better for you and after all for us as well. We are here for you guys but c'mon little understanding from your side too, you know...nobody was born knowing everything about life right?
Anyway back to the topic, problem here is when there is too many "extra" metins market is going down, when there is same amount of metins and more players again is not good because you have to literally fight for your loot, when there are no players and a lot of metins then again words like "this server is dead"...ok then whats the best possible situation for everyone?

Regards.
I LOVE that you're frustrated and sick and tired of people complaining. Now, to quote a fun sound, imagine how tired we are. IMAGINE HOW TIRED WE ARE.
You know how fun it is to almost never have where to farm? To go red forest at any point in time and always find at least 30 people farming there? To realize you bothered to hit level 80+ for nothing? Not everyone wants to waste their life in dt, not everyone can do azrael. As someone said earlier you need to farm metins to get equipment to go do runs. So make it make sense. Tell me why and who had the amazing idea to gatekeep content and keep us stuck with one map to farm after lvl 75+ until beta hits? Which is probably months away still XD
People have been telling your server problems here nicely for months at this point and talking to the hand but hey, at least the team is sick and tired of us 💕
For higher level either add beta or a 2nd lvl 90 metins maps. For low level add more channels. Make runs like dt and baroness worth it. I don't see any other solution.

Boy67the7

I LOVE that you're frustrated and sick and tired of people complaining. Now, to quote a fun sound, imagine how tired we are. IMAGINE HOW TIRED WE ARE.
You know how fun it is to almost never have where to farm? To go red forest at any point in time and always find at least 30 people farming there? To realize you bothered to hit level 80+ for nothing? Not everyone wants to waste their life in dt, not everyone can do azrael. As someone said earlier you need to farm metins to get equipment to go do runs. So make it make sense. Tell me why and who had the amazing idea to gatekeep content and keep us stuck with one map to farm after lvl 75+ until beta hits? Which is probably months away still XD
People have been telling your server problems here nicely for months at this point and talking to the hand but hey, at least the team is sick and tired of us 💕
For higher level either add beta or a 2nd lvl 90 metins maps. For low level add more channels. Make runs like dt and baroness worth it. I don't see any other solution.
Totally agree. You do 100 DT runs for lets say 2 Poisons if you are lucky the rest is almost worth nothing. then the poisons sell for 400kk and you need one yourself. Most say ah thats a lot and **** like that BUT do 100 DT runs then come back and talk. I did 110 now and it took me 2-3 weeks for it (While nolifing) if you are a average player you need months for theses runs to get almost nothing.

Wont talk about Red Forest because the TEAM doesnt want to check there once in peak hours and see how unfarmable this is.

CxGOD

Personally, I think that a good way to handle with the crowded maps can be adjusted by adding a lower timer for stones to respawn when X number of players are on. For me this is a better option than to add more maps with stones or more channels.

RXD

Hello!

surely not every team member can sit in front of his PC and read and write all day long plus play. Most of us do have other jobs, families...we cant, or well at leats not all of us can do all these obligations along with this job + to also play. We do give our best to understand you to improve whatever we can to be better for you and after all for us as well. We are here for you guys but c'mon little understanding from your side too, you know...nobody was born knowing everything about life right?
Anyway back to the topic, problem here is when there is too many "extra" metins market is going down, when there is same amount of metins and more players again is not good because you have to literally fight for your loot, when there are no players and a lot of metins then again words like "this server is dead"...ok then whats the best possible situation for everyone?

Regards.

No one who is not sick expects you to play for hours every other day. But not even trying it, like at least once every month - making a lvl 35 char, give yourself some eq, playing/farming 2 hours, to see for yourself how is the start, discuss the results, draw operational conclusions etc - then you lose trustworthiness and it seems like a standard excuse. How can you promote a game/product that you don't even try? What about authenticity?

And no, of course no one can know everything from the start, but if you don't even try - that hurts.

"So if we do it this way it doesn't fit, and if we do it this way it doesn't fit either. Whats the best possible situation for everyone?"

Either you have a good understanding of the game yourself or you get the information from others and take it seriously.

Every other day my ingame friends ask me and I want to explain why staff is doing something as insane as drastically shortening the metin respawn times - but I cannot.

Conclusion:
I feel stupid, everyone else playing feels stupid and you feel stupid.

We all fail intellectually, on a P server of a game that is more than 10 years old.

Increase the metin respawn times. Give the people resources to work with.

Or just simply tell us what your long-term concerns are. We can all find a solution together, but who does not communicate, is doomed to fail in the long run.

Me and many others want to make this server work. We want you to succeed. So work with us. It can be that simple after all.

Zaton

No one who is not sick expects you to play for hours every other day. But not even trying it, like at least once every month - making a lvl 35 char, give yourself some eq, playing/farming 2 hours, to see for yourself how is the start, discuss the results, draw operational conclusions etc - then you lose trustworthiness and it seems like a standard excuse. How can you promote a game/product that you don't even try? What about authenticity?

And no, of course no one can know everything from the start, but if you don't even try - that hurts.

"So if we do it this way it doesn't fit, and if we do it this way it doesn't fit either. Whats the best possible situation for everyone?"

Either you have a good understanding of the game yourself or you get the information from others and take it seriously.

Every other day my ingame friends ask me and I want to explain why staff is doing something as insane as drastically shortening the metin respawn times - but I cannot.

Conclusion:

We all fail intellectually, on a P server of a game that is more than 10 years old.

Or just simply tell us what your long-term concerns are. We can all find a solution together, but who does not communicate, is doomed to fail in the long run.

Me and many others want to make this server work. We want you to succeed. So work with us. It can be that simple after all.
Preach.

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member

Conclusion:

Hello,

it is understandable of course, we do have a game design department, they are taking it seriously but it is hard to find a sweet spot when you have to keep in mind in game market balance ,players desires, ideas (that they expect to be fulfilled almost every time) and after all our plans if any regarding the content in matter. Too many factors exist and not all can be pleased but the result is always the same - players complaints because they are those that consume and are passionate about this "product" we are working on. Soooo, no matter what we do or not, there will be always someone to say: "you did not good, why this or why that...its crap"

About what ToxicGirl said "at least the team is sick and tired of us"....well no, we are not sick and tired of players we are just really missing some understanding from your side...and you know what? that hurts too...but we still love ya!

Cheers my habibies ;)

ehpoR

Hello,

it is understandable of course, we do have a game design department, they are taking it seriously but it is hard to find a sweet spot when you have to keep in mind in game market balance ,players desires, ideas (that they expect to be fulfilled almost every time) and after all our plans if any regarding the content in matter. Too many factors exist and not all can be pleased but the result is always the same - players complaints because they are those that consume and are passionate about this "product" we are working on. Soooo, no matter what we do or not, there will be always someone to say: "you did not good, why this or why that...its crap"

About what ToxicGirl said "at least the team is sick and tired of us"....well no, we are not sick and tired of players we are just really missing some understanding from your side...and you know what? that hurts too...but we still love ya!

Cheers my habibies ;)
Players also miss understanding from team members since launch in march 😘
btw, the market would be fine but some big head decided to make 65 weapon worth 10k

Zaton

Hello,

Cheers my habibies ;)
We do understand of course, that there are many factors and it is hard to balance it right. Nobody expects it to be perfect. But please understand us aswell. We don't want to nuke the market or be showered with drops, but for instance to farm for ~5 minutes and to run around to switch channels for ~10 minutes (yes I have actually measured that) is just boring. I would be fine with worse drops if I just could farm for at least 70% of the time. This situation has been ongoing for weeks now, because a large demographic of players arrived at the 75+ mark without many options to farm. Azrael isn't doable without perfect eq. Ice Witch and Naaga Keys are beeing held hostage. Not everybody has the desire to do a 40 minute DT run, in which you can't drop anything, just for 1 Box that drops a Crow Steel Bow.

Sincerely, we need more options to farm at that lv. Maybe another map with stones, maybe a quicker respawn (with worse drops even). Just something to do instead of switching channels.

Last edited:

Johnnie

The best time to kill some stones in red forest is in the morning hours from 5am till +-11am. After 11am you are really just running around and changing CHs for like 5-10 min till you find even one stone. You will get frustrated and bored really fast.
Even if there are more stones or lower respawn time or even one or two more CHs, I think it will be still overfarmed, considering that even more people will move there from dt or 75/80 stones if something in red forest changes.

Personally I think, best will be if the stones in all maps spawn at random places so they can not be camped. Everybody will have equal chance of finding stones like that. For example I have a scroll for every 85 stone location so its goes like, Use Scroll, change from ch1 to ch6, next scroll, change all CHs, etc. Just boring

Serwus

Cześć!

z pewnością nie każdy członek zespołu może siedzieć przed komputerem i czytać i pisać przez cały dzień plus granie. Większość z nas ma inne prace, rodziny... nie możemy, a przynajmniej nie wszyscy z nas mogą wykonywać wszystkie te obowiązki wraz z tą pracą + bawić się. Robimy co w naszej mocy, aby Cię zrozumieć, aby poprawić wszystko, co w naszej mocy, aby być lepszym dla Ciebie, a mimo wszystko dla nas również. Jesteśmy tu dla was, ale trochę zrozumienia z waszej strony, wiecie… nikt nie urodził się wiedząc wszystko o życiu, prawda?
W każdym razie wracając do tematu, problem polega na tym, że gdy jest zbyt dużo „dodatkowych” metinów, rynek spada, gdy jest tyle samo metinów, a znowu więcej graczy, nie jest dobrze, ponieważ trzeba dosłownie walczyć o swoje łupy, gdy są brak graczy i dużo metinów, a potem znowu słowa typu „ten serwer jest martwy”… ok, więc jaka jest najlepsza możliwa sytuacja dla wszystkich?

Pozdrowienia.
Don't change, now is good.

Vore

The best time to kill some stones in red forest is in the morning hours from 5am till +-11am. After 11am you are really just running around and changing CHs for like 5-10 min till you find even one stone. You will get frustrated and bored really fast.
Even if there are more stones or lower respawn time or even one or two more CHs, I think it will be still overfarmed, considering that even more people will move there from dt or 75/80 stones if something in red forest changes.

Personally I think, best will be if the stones in all maps spawn at random places so they can not be camped. Everybody will have equal chance of finding stones like that. For example I have a scroll for every 85 stone location so its goes like, Use Scroll, change from ch1 to ch6, next scroll, change all CHs, etc. Just boring
+1(y) Agree with the random spawn, the other options stated before like more metins or faster respawn would make prices go down. Plus if the metins always spawn at the same spot whats the use of "Metin Stone Compass".

Last edited:

RXD

Hello,

Cheers my habibies ;)

Hello!

Thank you for your kind reply.

One more thing:

The problem is also reactive statements like yours, without any significance.

• Repeated answers only paraphrased differently
  • Presenting everything as overcomplicated
  • Do not respond specifically to questions
  • Assuming the role of a victim

Just basic and so out of touch.

It almost sounds like politics where you want to maintain the status quo. I can imagine that it is part of the job, but it is still frustrating to almost always receive hollow answers when it comes to these kind of problems. You just said again, no matter what you do, people will complain. I have already described in my last answer how to circumvent such a circumstance.

I have already said everything important, if you can not or do not want to respond specifically, nothing more can be done.

One must also be able to accept help. As long as it is not too late.

And in that sense, again, as ToxicGirl said "IMAGINE HOW TIRED WE ARE" - in caps even.

Best of luck. :/

Toxic

Hello,

Cheers my habibies ;)
You gotta understand that even the people that gave you nothing but love and support - like me - get tired at some point of finding excuses and understanding for weird changes, condescending responses, suspicious bugs.. and so on. You as a team are losing player trust every day and most players feel unheard . My delivery may have been harsh but that's how players feel from responses like your initial one in this thread.
I can sit here and complain all day long but that won't fix anything. I'd suggest if we'll not get any positive change regarding the metin farming situation, if we could at least get an estimated time for when the dark dragon maps expansion comes.

Last edited:

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

i do understand your point of view, dont get me wrong and of course we want to solve this situation(s) too. As i always say i forward your messages to our team, to department that is in charge of the matter in question. and i do it always...and since i am a moderator here, this is my role - most of the time i can not say anything specific, i just try to make sure you feel your opinions and suggestions are heard, and sometimes information about exact solution to the problem not even i know until the update day lets say. Sometimes i do and when i know it i can gladly write it here of course. I really pushed this metin farming topic as important and in my opinion we will get some solution, hopefully which will satisfy both parties invoved, you and us.

Regards.

Toxic

We appreciate you Asteria, it's not you we are complaining about 💕
99,97% of your replies here are always nice