[POLL] Private Shops Redistribution | WoM2 Forum

[POLL] Private Shops Redistribution

Should all Private Shops be moved to the marketplace of Johwa City?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PACI

Developer
Dear community,

As stated, in the form of a normal comment, in another thread, we will proceed to ship a feature in the live server that automatically moves Private Shops through channels, as long as a certain limit has been reached.
Our intent with this is to amend and normalize the usage of CH1, which is constantly subject of intense consumption of resources, leading, often, into unexpected crashes, preventing further connections in it.

The moment this change meets the live server, Private Shops will, randomly, be splitted in the rest of the channels; and I raise awareness on the keyword: randomly. This modification does not act on the fly, however, and it is, exclusively, triggered upon booting the server. So it might be pretty common, from there on, to see one self's shop moved, after a maintenance. Although, you shouldn't be able to open a shop if the channel doesn't support it.

Now about the topic.
It can happen oddly-located Private Shops switch channels, so this poll is to ask the community if we should redistribute all of their locations in the village, as well. This redistribution, means every single shop will be centered in the marketplace of Johwa City.
Again, this is optional, and it is only debated for the sake of comfort upon looking for items - we are fine either way, so you choose.

NOTE: You're voting to move Private Shops to the center of the first village, not if you want them to change channels automatically.

Dragi jucători,

Așa cum am mai menționat în alt thread, vom pregăti pe serverul live o metodă care presupune mutarea automată a tuturor Magazinelor Private de-a lungul canalelor, după ce pe un canal este atinsă limita. Intenția noastră este de a îmbunătăți modul în care CH1 funcționează întrucât acesta consumă foarte multe resurse și uneori pică, oprind eventualele conectări.

Când această schimbare va lua loc pe serverul live, Magazinele Private vor fi, aleatoriu, împărțite pe celelalte canale. Țineți în minte cuvântul "aleatoriu", vor fi răspândite efectiv la întâmplare. Mutarea shop-urilor nu are efect imediat, deci este posibil ca în urma mentenanțelor să vă găsiți magazinul mutat pe alt ch. De asemenea, nu puteți deschide un shop dacă limita de magazine de pe un canal a fost atinsă.

Prin acest poll vă cerem să alegeți unde doriți să fie locul magazinelor. Avem două modalități de a distribui magazinele, una este să fie toate în centru, cealaltă să fie amplasate oriunde în oraș. Alegerea vă aparține.

NOTĂ: Votați DA dacă vreți ca shop-urile să stea în centru, iar NU dacă vreți să fie răspândite pe toată harta.

Cu drag,
Echipa WoM.

Kind regards,
The WoM Team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aubury

All for the redistribution to the city center. If all of the shops will be moved across channels anyways, there is no point in having some shops near the Storekeeper, and others near the Fisherman. In order to create a more efficient system, they should all be in one place. Awesome idea!

PACI

Developer
What about 1 shop per IP? Is it possible?
There is no purpose to define IP limits because they just won't do anything, it only opens the door for abusers and gives the GMs unsolicited extra work to figure and punish them.

Last edited:

Rosenbloom

Square is better. Centralized market. Equal opportunities for every buyer (won't have to waste time moving to shops located at mama mama ma-sii, thus preventing players from having atrocious prices or smth), easier to spot if rare items are actually in any shops rather than having to move to General Vendor, Banker, Alchemist, Bridge, the other bridge.

In short, if all shops are relocated to the center of the village and are also randomly distributed across all channels, one virtually has to stand still and change CH until they find the shop that contains the item they want to buy. IMO is much more effective and could easily be picked up by people that are against this change atm.
Dunno about you, but I'd prefer circling the center statue ONCE and then changing CH rather than dealing with the massive lag spikes one gets when moving from bridge to bridge.

mihaita5555

Square is better. Centralized market. Equal opportunities for every buyer (won't have to waste time moving to shops located at mama mama ma-sii, thus preventing players from having atrocious prices or smth), easier to spot if rare items are actually in any shops rather than having to move to General Vendor, Banker, Alchemist, Bridge, the other bridge.

In short, if all shops are relocated to the center of the village and are also randomly distributed across all channels, one virtually has to stand still and change CH until they find the shop that contains the item they want to buy. IMO is much more effective and could easily be picked up by people that are against this change atm.
Dunno about you, but I'd prefer circling the center statue ONCE and then changing CH rather than dealing with the massive lag spikes one gets when moving from bridge to bridge.
totally agree
i'd rather have them in one place and change channels than look throught the whole map for that one shop hidden in the Carpatian Mountains,less lag too <3

Aubury

If they make a shopping Map or some UI where you can Shop at a NPC thinks will be much easier and fun to play
Johwa would lose its purpose as the main map. New players would be confused about the lack of shops, accordingly they might assume the server is empty.

As for an Auction House situation or similar, as another bright mind pointed out, it's much too late for WoM to implement something like that. It would reduce the amount of time a user is actively engaged in one of the most vital processes of the game - shopping, leading to a shorter play time, leading to a boring experience. After all, it's exciting to find an item you've long been searching for. Pokemon servers are known for exactly that - low player engagement. In my mind it wouldn't be wise to rob the server of another piece of content, namely, player-owned-shops.

Then there's also the question of how an easy-access auction system would affect existing market prices for several, very expensive items, such as CL5 Rubies, but I'm not an economist, I'm not of much help in this regard.

Koo

I vote yes, cuz its really annoying sometimes to search for shops outside the central area.

However, if we really face the problem that one channel cant handle all the shops, i think its much better to make something like auction, as it is mentioned higher. Up to me, moving shops randomly to all channels is a bad idea. Channels will never be equal for sales, i mean, most buyers will still search on ch1 only, and the players who want better sales in their shops will always move them back to ch1 (or try to). Creating auction can solve not only this problem, but some other problems too, as scammers (who put changers for 12 000 000 000 instead of 12 000 000 for example) and just "normal" overprices (we all know that in most shops items are always a bit overpriced, but if we had an auction, we could see cheapest products first, and this will make search for products with normal prices much faster). I think its never too late to introduce an auction, it is and has always been better than shops system we have now.

But, as i see it, most probably the auction cant be introduced for some reason (like the old engine of metin), so there is another option. Moving some shops on another channels, but not randomly - the channel where the shop is placed should depend on the level of its owner. For example, ch1 for 90-110 lvls, ch2 for 62-89 lvls, etc. Of course, its not perfect solution, but this way we can at least lower the amount of channels we should visit to find an item, cuz many things are mostly farmed by only one level category.

Last edited:

PACI

Developer
@PACI Would it be possible to add a cross-channel feature to Shop Search if this change is implemented? (i.e. search for an item on CH1 and it shows if that item is on other channels)
It's a possibility we could explore, especially because I, personally, would like to deliver a couple of changes in the Shop Search. But I cannot do any promise as of now.

If someone has multiple shops, will he still be able to move them alongside in the center?
Everyone is allowed to manage their shops freely, afterwards.

IDemonI

Board Star
It's a possibility we could explore, especially because I, personally, would like to deliver a couple of changes in the Shop Search. But I cannot do any promise as of now.

Everyone is allowed to manage their shops freely, afterwards.
Then i like it

Incashu

If they make a shopping Map or some UI where you can Shop at a NPC thinks will be much easier and fun to play
In my opinion Auction House will be a huge improvement and will prevent lag and delay while everyone is looking to every shop(there are many servers that use AH), also some people avoid shopping in map1 cause is too hard for them, i personally had that problem when a friend was asking me to search in shops for him because of the lag.

Reactions: Koo
Status
Not open for further replies.