Accepted - "Postgame" additions | WoM2 Forum

Accepted "Postgame" additions

Desylium

Board Star
Well, the main point I wanted to suggest or propose is that i hope you make the new map mobs really strong. I have seen warriors farming without even buffer in the peaks. Making them 1. Deal even more damage to promote the use of res and 2. Adding a higher chance of pierce to promote arrow avoiding/blocking chance should be key, imo.

Besides that proposition, have you thought on adding something that really make chars different? I mean,I really believe the game needs heterogeneity. Ans that could be achieved basically by adding pets, whose values of bonus depend on rng and on 7th and 8th that specialize chars against particular races or strengthen their favourite skills. Have you thought of these things?

Alea

Customer Service Manager
Staff member
Well, the main point I wanted to suggest or propose is that i hope you make the new map mobs really strong. I have seen warriors farming without even buffer in the peaks. Making them 1. Deal even more damage to promote the use of res and 2. Adding a higher chance of pierce to promote arrow avoiding/blocking chance should be key, imo.

Besides that proposition, have you thought on adding something that really make chars different? I mean,I really believe the game needs heterogeneity. Ans that could be achieved basically by adding pets, whose values of bonus depend on rng and on 7th and 8th that specialize chars against particular races or strengthen their favourite skills. Have you thought of these things?
Hi, thank you for your suggestion. Yes it is a bit tricky to make the perfect balance of the mobs (not only some rates or drops) because of so many pushes existing, eqipment combinations and combination of both of these. Some questions come along like: should we force usage of some-all-none pushes from players or not? If yes, what exactly? Don't know if you remember but when we got these last 2 treasure bosses added, they were insanely strong and no one of the players could defeat them (while we on test for example had a decent time for defeating it). That shows its really not easy to balance these (even tho we tested them many times) its simply not possible to predict whole player behavior and equipment sets and boosts usage on some of the contents so it ends up either too easy or too hard, despite our efforts put into this.
Would be nice if we could have a test server open for public but from past experiences it showed that players-participants interest for this drops pretty fast, after all it doesnt even worth the effort to prepare it and use for such a short time, because it doesnt yield any valid result, feedback to make a base for a new content from it, and so we have to do it alone. This is one of the reasons why some updates take more or less time than the others.

IDemonI

Board Star
Hi, thank you for your suggestion. Yes it is a bit tricky to make the perfect balance of the mobs (not only some rates or drops) because of so many pushes existing, eqipment combinations and combination of both of these. Some questions come along like: should we force usage of some-all-none pushes from players or not? If yes, what exactly? Don't know if you remember but when we got these last 2 treasure bosses added, they were insanely strong and no one of the players could defeat them (while we on test for example had a decent time for defeating it). That shows its really not easy to balance these (even tho we tested them many times) its simply not possible to predict whole player behavior and equipment sets and boosts usage on some of the contents so it ends up either too easy or too hard, despite our efforts put into this.
Would be nice if we could have a test server open for public but from past experiences it showed that players-participants interest for this drops pretty fast, after all it doesnt even worth the effort to prepare it and use for such a short time, because it doesnt yield any valid result, feedback to make a base for a new content from it, and so we have to do it alone. This is one of the reasons why some updated take more or less time than the others.
You could open registrations for a team made of players to help you with everything. 20 dc/week or so.. people will help for sure

Desylium

Board Star
Would be nice if we could have a test server open for public but from past experiences it showed that players-participants interest for this drops pretty fast, after all it doesnt even worth the effort to prepare it and use for such a short time, because it doesnt yield any valid result, feedback to make a base for a new content from it, and so we have to do it alone. This is one of the reasons why some updates take more or less time than the others.
I don't know exactly how the new map will bring, but regarding to the two most common things:
- Mobs and metins: These are which I think that should be made more difficult. Because it would allow, as always, lvling faster those who are able to stand more monsters, and make it more gear-dependant. Likewise with the metins. I don't think they should be weak enough to allow warriors or races to break them without buffers (unless they brought 50% resistance against them). And both points can be achieved by: raising the base damage (instead of, let's say, 3000 if thats the value that peak's monster have, put it on 5000), or raising the number of monsters + the pierce chance of them. Adding archers in metins or in the leveling places are also possibilities that force having to wear better gear (arrow res + arrow dodge along with the base resistance and buffs).
- The boss: I don't know very well how you tested (which were your conditions and why they weren't applied to the real server case, since many high level people currently has VERY good gear with 3-4 perfect bonus out of 5). So I am not sure whether complaints were about *not being able to* or *being just difficult and slow* to kill the boss. I asume it was rather the second option, if in your server, mimicking realistic conditions, you could kill the bosses. In any case, with the current green dragon you have done a good job. Keeping it with that line would be OK. The only blameable point is that the gap between warrior and sura damage make it only farmeable for one of them. And it is unfair. Warriors should have the advantage of killing it faster, but not the advantage of being the only ones able to kill it solo.

About the testing, I guess we don't need it. You can start with you idea and see how it develops. If people can't kill a boss or sth is very difficult? They make a video demonstrating it and then you think of changing it. But starting from difficult and going into easier, rather than the other way around, is a better way imo.

Boghy8

Board Star
Don't know if you remember but when we got these last 2 treasure bosses added, they were insanely strong and no one of the players could defeat them (while we on test for example had a decent time for defeating it).
Well, I haven't tested them in the first days. But I heard some players who did and failed...There are some discussions here on the forum too. Taking crit for over 60k+ doesn't seem something that was tested (no offense). And it wasn't like 1 crit in a while.
The best thing when it comes to testing, it would be to copy some of the best equip from players on the server. Going there with full defense, some defense like %res avg and so on isn't the best thing.
Overall I think who tested (in-game) the green dragon/mushroom treasure map, did it in a good way. So it seems very strange to heard that you did it on a "decent time". I think after those years, most players came to have VERY GOOD equipment/alchemy, so once again I can't understand how it was possible.

Anyway as I said, next time copy some equip from players and test it that way.

Also, a good way to understand what was (or gonna be with new bosses) the real gap, it might be to show what equipment/alchemy/pushes you use/d during the test :)

Steven

SGM & Game Designer
Staff member
Well, I haven't tested them in the first days. But I heard some players who did and failed...There are some discussions here on the forum too. Taking crit for over 60k+ doesn't seem something that was tested (no offense). And it wasn't like 1 crit in a while.
It was tested with Glacial gear, we had a lot of Skill damage resistances + Full Earth.
However, I doubt anyone on live server has similar glacial gear, so it was adjusted later.

Loki

Board Star

I really hope that the new content will be hard to especially for dungeons they could easily require a full group with cl5 and enigmatic eq.
Also I would put higher focus on the normal Attacks instead of skills that way the players will be forced to not use Skillres eq and maybe even go for the Dawn Willow Armour or something.

The biggest problem i see in making new Dungeons hard is that the powercreep is really slow. That allowed players to not use the completely maxed out eq in the past as 3% Monster did not make a big difference and so on.
Maybe the new Content could also have new eq that is required to eventually kill the strongest bosses.

It was tested with Glacial gear, we had a lot of Skill damage resistances + Full Earth.
However, I doubt anyone on live server has similar glacial gear, so it was adjusted later.
Honestly this is exactly what I wish for new content. If players get oneshot they are to weak. Its just that easy and if they dont have enough dmg in a group of 4 thats fine too.
Back when Earthdragon got released it took a few day for the first players to kill the Dragon. Obviously the players did not have "perfect" eq back then but nonetheless.

Desylium

Board Star
This may sound like i want to discredit your words but it's curiosity; how can u explain that in your testing u didn't use to get 60k crit whereas the other players do? I mean, maybe you had 80 skill 60 wind and the players have 70 and 50 because they can't achieve such "perfection", but yet still you should have got 40-50k crits. How comes you couldn't "spot" this? Or you make this on purpose (as there are several bosses that from time to time just hit hard and kill u 1hitko)?
Also I would put higher focus on the normal Attacks instead of skills that way the players will be forced to not use Skillres eq and maybe even go for the Dawn Willow Armour or something.
It's true that the skill is like the "base" and "common" resistance, but I don't see it wrong tbh. It brings u the necessity of having the hardest gear (glacial) with good bonuses, and % mixed defs allows different gear compinationn (e.g, hp + skill res + wind ress, you can very proportions to survive).

I hope the new map/bosses bring new content such as the books and the pets with hp, def, damage % that scales randomly to promote the variety between people

Loki

Board Star
It's true that the skill is like the "base" and "common" resistance, but I don't see it wrong tbh. It brings u the necessity of having the hardest gear (glacial) with good bonuses, and % mixed defs allows different gear compinationn (e.g, hp + skill res + wind ress, you can very proportions to survive).

I hope the new map/bosses bring new content such as the books and the pets with hp, def, damage % that scales randomly to promote the variety between people
Yes the Glacial eq is one of the hardest eq pieces to make. But i dont like everyone using aqua armours.
Maybe put alraunes eq and focus more on dmg the players make than the resistances they have.
Also you could add certain areas that can not be done easily by warriors or suras. Maybe preboss only killable with skills or something like that.

TaskyCR7

Yes the Glacial eq is one of the hardest eq pieces to make. But i dont like everyone using aqua armours.
Maybe put alraunes eq and focus more on dmg the players make than the resistances they have.
Also you could add certain areas that can not be done easily by warriors or suras. Maybe preboss only killable with skills or something like that.
Its been so fkin long since they added Alraune Items and there still ISN'T an ORE for this item like .. good thinking whoever came up with them!

Desylium

Board Star
Well that's the current situation isn't it? Haha. Some people use alraune brac instead of glacial, for moar damage. And likewise with necklaces.

Its been so fkin long since they added Alraune Items and there still ISN'T an ORE for this item like .. good thinking whoever came up with them!
I was going to suggest that too. But I already made a thread some months ago and I didn't want to spam and overload with suggestions xD

Loki

Board Star
Well that's the current situation isn't it? Haha. Some people use alraune brac instead of glacial, for moar damage. And likewise with necklaces.
Yes ofc some players do that because more dmg = more money.
But if you require Alraunes eq in order to have enough dmg for new bosses its harder to accomplish than making glacial eq to resist.

Boghy8

Board Star
Yes ofc some players do that because more dmg = more money.
But if you require Alraunes eq in order to have enough dmg for new bosses its harder to accomplish than making glacial eq to resist.
This can be great for all ores too. I mean if we will need full damage, or just as more as possible, we'll have to put all ores into are equipment (alraunes too hope). Great idea overall :party: