Pvp event | WoM2 Forum

Pvp event

IDemonI

Board Star
Hello, so i posted this in a thread, called motivation for pvp, and i think it deserves a thread for itself, here u go:
How about an event like primal law? 1hr everyone killing each other (cant kill players higher/lower with 10 levels than your level) with rewards? 15-40 2kk/kill, 40-60 5kk, 60-70 10kk, 70-90 15kk and 90+ 20kk, cant kill the same player more than 1 time in 5 minutes, and best kda player gets a special prize..?? (Random numbers ofc)
Imo it would boost the pvp and the battle for a place in a "hall of fame". Could also make mini-events around this one, like placing bets (best kda ninja/worst kda ninja/winner 79 category/most deaths etc etc, lots of things, just like dojang was years ago), spectator mode also active (i see it as a round arena with spectators in the middle of it). What do u think?

OGlZeusl

i like that idea.
Although i dont know how is it planned, sounds like the purge but in wom2.
Would it be like national war but free for all style? Low levels will cry that only 110lvls will win.
BUt +1 from me.

Also any idea with that includes stats bring the competitive out of people.
Just take alook how people grinded first days to have the fastest runs
In game leaderboards for pvp and pvm will boost people motivation to farm

IDemonI

Board Star
i like that idea.
Although i dont know how is it planned, sounds like the purge but in wom2.
Would it be like national war but free for all style? Low levels will cry that only 110lvls will win.
BUt +1 from me.
Nooo not free for all. Only -/+10 levels diference kills count(or just make it impossible to kill some1 10 levels lower)

cyp24xalouvas

we do need more pvp events but I would rather it be a consensual battle. Otherwise level 95s will be chasing level 85s, level 45s will be chasing after level 35s and it goes on. Perhaps a special arena to whomever would like to join like when guild wars take place or a certain map on a specific channel. Its sort of like nation war but not really.
Maybe a tag team or a group event, maybe a capture the flag mode, theres a lot of good ideas for pvp that may be nice to be implemented.

IDemonI

Board Star
we do need more pvp events but I would rather it be a consensual battle. Otherwise level 95s will be chasing level 85s, level 45s will be chasing after level 35s and it goes on.
So what? 10 lvls is not such a big deal. From 45 to 35 its literally 0 difference (just the alchemy but i doubt someone equips alchemy full cl4 cl5 on a 45 char, so a 35 couldnt keep up with him.) About 85 and 95... no one really stays at 85, not for a long time at least, bcs its a pointless level and you wait it just for biologist. Team events will never boost pvp for everyone becouse not everyone will be part of a team, but if everyone gets a chance to get a prize for every kill, and a special costume for "best kda/damage/survive time etc) it will boost the pvp very much

Steven

SGM & Game Designer
Staff member
Hey,
Indeed, sounds interesting! However, do you really think people would join this? After all, we know what is the mentality of players regarding PvP.
It could be easily abused with multi-accounts, even if you add 5-10 minutes between rewards for killing the same target, we can also re-experience players making up the teams as they did during the primal law event.
I'm also against adding only pure Yin from PvP event, I'd rather add PvP pushes.

Not to say "rejected" I can only suggest another type of PvP event.
In short: FFA (free for all) mode at Arena Battle Master.

ShootingSt4r

Board Star
Hey,
Indeed, sounds interesting! However, do you really think people would join this? After all, we know what is the mentality of players regarding PvP.
It could be easily abused with multi-accounts, even if you add 5-10 minutes between rewards for killing the same target, we can also re-experience players making up the teams as they did during the primal law event.
I'm also against adding only pure Yin from PvP event, I'd rather add PvP pushes.

Not to say "rejected" I can only suggest another type of PvP event.
In short: FFA (free for all) mode at Arena Battle Master.
how about all online player get teleported on a map where everyone is cruel and the reward are the dropped Eq items ?