What's new

Refinement 300k... seriously? why?

ThePlayer

Please someone from the staff explain us WHY refining ore must cost up to 300k??? You increased the cost by 100x 🤯 but did NOT increase the success percentage also.

If you like making changes to the game so much, why didn't you update the success percentage also to 90% or even 100%?

1682592138532.png

YeLLo

If you attempt to refine your ores, you will see that you will not be charged... even if the text display you an amount of yang needed ^^

ThePlayer

I tried while having 55k in my inventory, but I couldn't refine and received this message:
1682594996917.png

How should I do it? Thanks

D

Deleted member 808

The Town Alchemist success rate was initially 60% and the cost was low to favor the mining of veins in the first month of the server - in short, it was as such to allow players to have refinements on their equipment without too much of an investment.

Then, as you noticed, when more and more guilds acquired Lands and an Alchemist, they instantly pushed the patch which reduced the success rate of the Town Alchemist to 20%, and probably keeping the same cost of refinement there. In short, the 60% rate was there for server start only.

So, technically, they did increase the success rate.

Refinements are a nice bonus, indeed, but not needed by the majority. This is why I see it as, more or less, something optional. This is why I also agree with the fact that ingots and Diamonds should have a higher cost - both price on the market and cost to make. After all, let's not forget that you can pretty much AFK mine in temple all day long - there would be either a decreased success chance to refine ores or a higher cost to do so. I'm happy with the higher cost as it favors casual miners as well. The way things are right now also prevents the market from being flooded with ingots and Diamonds.

The bug where the Alchemist doesn't take your Yang will probably be fixed with the next maintenance, so I wouldn't count on that either. AFAIK it only happens when members of the guild that owns said Alchemist try to refine.

EDIT: I can say that, as a map1 farmer, 300k to refine Diamond and 200k any other type of ore is an abysmally low price to pay for 60% chance to refine. I am comfortable with that.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThePlayer

The cost of refining on original WoM2 was not 300k or 200k, so from where this increase? Just because they can? The refined ores price will sky rocket bcz of this price change to refining.

If we say is a old school server, let's keep it as the original WoM2.

Wom2 was a good server like it was, not with all these unnecessarily updates and tweaks.

YeLLo

The cost of refining on original WoM2 was not 300k or 200k, so from where this increase? Just because they can? The refined ores price will sky rocket bcz of this price change to refining.

If we say is a old school server, let's keep it as the original WoM2.

Wom2 was a good server like it was, not with all these unnecessarily updates and tweaks.
Get 300k yang and try again and let us know if you got charged. I did some refinements yesterday and I did not got charged

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
@yello you are right, I just needed to have over 300k yang in inventory and it worked after that. Thank you!
Hello,

and it took 300k for refining or nothing?
Glad it got sorted out for you but i am pretty sure it wasnt supposed to be free.
Team will check this for sure.

Regards,

ThePlayer

It cost 10 yang, normally it should be 3000 yang, but NOT 300.000 yang!!!! That amount it's insane for a refinement!

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
It cost 10 yang, normally it should be 3000 yang, but NOT 300.000 yang!!!! That amount it's insane for a refinement!
i agree but i think its only about the texts in its dialog. However it shouldnt require you to have any other amount of money in your inventory but the one required for refinemend directly. And yes, 10 yang is way too low i am sure. Will be checked as soon as possible.

Yamamoto

Administrator
Staff member
The price has been set to 30.000 Yang. The amount you saw there was a visual bug - it was actually charging you 3 Yang.