What's new

Requesting fishing system in depth presentation.

gigel

Hello,
We all know that the fishing system got changed recently. That's great! The problem I have with the new fishing systems are the unknowns regarding pretty much all of it. This post is more of a request to staff/devs to provide a good guide with useful information about this system. Please don't give some BS short answer and try to ask around and come up with a decent reply. That being said, I'll make a list with all the things that I consider are necessary to be known.
1. Fishing pole
- does it increase the chance to catch? By how much?​
- does it make it more likely to encounter rarer fishes? By how much?​
- what is the chance to upgrade your fishing pole? Can it fail? If it fails, what happens?​
- how are the points required on your fishing pole granted? Based on what and with what chance? Does it differ per level?​
2. Fishing baits.
In the new patch there was mentioned that baits now have tiers and have different chance on catching a fish.​
- what is the difference between all bait types? (Besides the Tier of the fishing spot that they can be used on).​
- what is the chance to catch fish using any of them? (For example, on Tier 1, what's the difference between riceball and worms? Does it justify the cost difference?)​
3. Fishing marble
- does this actually have any purpose?​
4. Fish types based on Tier
- what type of fish and items can be caught on each of the Tiers fishing spots? (a list with all things that u can catch based on tiers would be nice, maybe even the cooked version)​
5. Wet fishing books
- what is the actual catch rate of this item? Is it smaller/bigger based on the Tier level of the fishing spot?​
- what is the chance of getting a fishing book or a burnt one once you put it in the campfire? (determines if its worth to risk it or sell it?)​
- what is the chance of reading a fishing book? How much time you have to wait till the next one?​
6. Sunken treasure chest
- what is the catch rate of this item? Does it increase based on fishing Tier level?​
- what are the drops? (is it worth selling or opening?) - this can be optional since we already know what the best item from it is​
7. Fishing pole skin
Chance to catch more fish during the day
Chance to catch more fish during the night
- when does a player know if its day/night? Is it based on the server time? Between which hours is the day/night cycle? Or is it based on the in-game setting?

Increased chance of catching fish with worms
Increased chance of catching fish with minnow
Increased chance of catching fish with shrimp
- by how much? Is this stat worth considering in detriment of the rest?

Chance to hook materials from the water - what is a material ? Upgrade items?

- how is the durability calculated ? and how does it decrease? Is it impacted by the Tier of the fishing spot? Is there a way to repair it in-game or it strictly an Item shop privilege?
- is it stated that the fishing skins can be repaired a maximum of 3 times. Does this mean from full? For example if i use 3 25% repair kits, does this mean I cannot use anymore? Or it calculates it 3 times from 100% durability?

In the presentation of the new fishing system we can find the following statement: "Each bonus can be either negative or positive, some of them influence the fishing catching rate based on the time of the day or night, others will influence the way the fishing mini-game works, etc." What does this even mean? From the list provided it seemed that only 3 types of negative bonuses are present and the only ones are just positives. Does this mean you can get decreased chance of catching fishes with worms for example?

- can stats on the fishing pole be re-rolled? Can you change the values of these bonuses?
8. Fishing hotspot
- what is the duration of a hotspot? Is it different for each tier? Is the algorithm random ? Or is a cycle between all tiers? (This can help you to determine when a fishing spot of your tier might be next. For example after a fishing hotspot of tier 4, it always goes back to a fishing hotspot of tier 1).​
- does it have any other benefits besides the sunken treasure drop?​
And a small suggestion, i think the timer for the hotspot is way too low. It should be at least 30 minutes to actually make it worth engaging with this content?

9. Fish mind
- what does this even do? What is a rare fish? Which fish is considered rare based on Tier? Do we actually have any rare fish in the Tier 1,2 fishing spots? Do these rare fish have any other perk beside the bonus they give?
I have more suggestions regarding the system as well but I'll leave it for another topic. If you think I missed something, feel free to state your thoughts
Thank you for reading my post!
Cheers!

Last edited:

gigel

not really, im almost m1 on it but ive been reading books almsot every day, 90% of them just fail. Same for book of vines.
Is there any knowledge uncovered by this skill regarding what i wrote?

TVA

You want to learn a lot about new system - which is good. Seems like you want to find the most efficient way of making money.
Unfortunately Gm's won't provide the hidden data like rates of catching and how much certain items are giving advantage. Your best bet is to write on discord and get some info from fellow fisherman(i not one of them)

gigel

i do believe that at least some part of what i wrote must be known. There's a lot of things that you need at least know what they do, not giving any specific rates. There's no tutorial in the game for fishing that tells u these things, its weird

r1r2r3

not really, im almost m1 on it but ive been reading books almsot every day, 90% of them just fail. Same for book of vines.
Is there any knowledge uncovered by this skill regarding what i wrote?
It was a joke.
Back when the server started, people had a lot of questions about drops and mob resistances, since they changed some of those things.
All they could ever say was "try to upgrade your Bestiary skill", all while the book was failing into nonsense and people were getting increasingly frustrated about it.

So you can expect a similar reply from them regarding this situation - we're not going to tell you, discover things on your own, it's the game's charm or something like that.

gigel

i mean i ve read 10 fishing skillbooks and only 1 succeded. The book itself is 12-15kk the wet version and the hermit is almost the same price. You need 30kk to read a book which even with hermits have a big chance to fail. This is just bs. The same with creatures and vines books. You make ur P skills easier than these ones. Its just weird

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

well as it is known already most of it must get discovered by players. The team can give some hints sometimes, but usually its players task to do it. We also encorage players to share their knowledge with others by making some guides. With time it will be easier trust me, these changes are still young. Give it some time and will be fine as everything else.

Regards

gigel

Hello,

well as it is known already most of it must get discovered by players. The team can give some hints sometimes, but usually its players task to do it. We also encorage players to share their knowledge with others by making some guides. With time it will be easier trust me, these changes are still young. Give it some time and will be fine as everything else.

Regards
i think is just laziness. U can apply that to some of the things i wrote but if u think about upgrading ur fishing pole, this should be known from the start, cuz there's no way to tell what it does. Its just bad, developing a NEW fishing system and not being able to say 2 sentences about it regarding how it works is just laughable