Accepted - Rework Nation War (lack of open pvp in general) | WoM2 Forum

Accepted Rework Nation War (lack of open pvp in general)

New points limit on Nation War:

• 500 Points

Votes: 23 15.2%
  • 750 Points

Votes: 19 12.6%
  • 1000 Points

Votes: 109 72.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lnsignia

Happy Easter!
I would like to suggest to rework Nation War. This is really a bad event as it is now. You waste all pushes to fight in only like 5 minutes, then its over. Then many of us still have push on for 15-20 minutes yet, and that invites ofc to a big fight in hometown. But that is more or less impossible with that lagg in ch1, and then everything dies out.

I dont have alot of ideas how to work it out, but atleast change it to 3000 kills or something, so it Will last for 20-30 minutes instead.

Also what is the idea to run through that stupid Map and kill boss to enter? Make the start like dojang or guild tournament, so everyone is ready at same time, to get an even start of the war.

Comment for other suggestions please! I really dont like it as it is now, and i know im not the only one

Yoichi

I totally agree. Many of us look forward to the national war as more players gather for pvp then than at any other time of the week. It is a fact that it ends too fast and is kinda disappointing. I think increasing the number of kills requirement is a good way to prolong it.

Haibike

I think it would be a good idea to make a points needed to win based on number of players that joined last time, or current numer of players online, and show progres of win in %.

BlazeWind

+1 for more points, the wars seem very short, if it lasts longer, some guilds might be able to regroup and turn the tides of the fight

+1 for changing NW so everyone gets teleported to the arena immideately.
Right now the dynasty, which wins the race has a weird advantage, where they can camp the opposing dynasty's spawn and get some early kills if people go out of the safe zone.

Shogun

Owner
Yeah you can get camped if you are slow. I don't see anything wrong with that, gives a way to get ahead that does not depend on raw strength. AKA strategy.

BlazeWind

Item drop would be bad, since everyone and their mother would start farming metins/etc. ...
... but +1 for Yin drop. There will be more at stake but it won't break the game balance every other weekend.

Surakitic

I have an additional suggestion to the Nation war, that could be implemented in the future maybe.
Its called Nation war. So when i hear this i think of one nation standing together to gain something. But as it is atm. it is not one nation, it is only lvl 110 pvp chars who participate. I have a suggestion to bring more pvp to the server in general.

Expand the nation war event to be in multiple fighting areas where every area has it own lvl.. Just like Dojang? This way lvl 39, 59, 79 and 96 chars also have a chance to fight for the nation?
Its expensive to make char lvl 110 full pvp, cl5 alch etc. what i suggest is bring back more pvp for all in generel.
Make alle score count and add them so that one nation has to have a summed score.. This will add some fun back to low lvl pvp and in generel make the server more pvp friendly? :)

xMovee

Board Star
I have an additional suggestion to the Nation war, that could be implemented in the future maybe.
Its called Nation war. So when i hear this i think of one nation standing together to gain something. But as it is atm. it is not one nation, it is only lvl 110 pvp chars who participate. I have a suggestion to bring more pvp to the server in general.

Expand the nation war event to be in multiple fighting areas where every area has it own lvl.. Just like Dojang? This way lvl 39, 59, 79 and 96 chars also have a chance to fight for the nation?
Its expensive to make char lvl 110 full pvp, cl5 alch etc. what i suggest is bring back more pvp for all in generel.
Make alle score count and add them so that one nation has to have a summed score.. This will add some fun back to low lvl pvp and in generel make the server more pvp friendly? :)
We've already discussed this in the past. It's a cool idea to encourage players to participate at lower lvls. But it also brings back the high lvls there, which will just join with their lower chars as well...So in the end the fight ''stays between lvl 110 chars''. U can only avoid this by starting these separate nation wars at the same time. Like this barely no one will join at two of them. Problem is, that the fight between 110 chars will stay more crowded, because the challenge and penis-lenght-comparison motivates them more to join there. That means, other nation wars runned at the same time will stay kinda empty.

I think a good way to solve or adjust to this problem is changing something about the point-system. Killing lower players as f.x. 110 player should only give 1 point, so that the lower players focus each other and gain the most points possible. I would even think about the possibility to earn minus-points at a certain point, when f.x. a lvl 110 player kills a lvl 55 player. This will also avoid peoples to join with their scnd chars from other kingdoms to just gain points in which their main char is. Sometimes there will be collateral damage from high lvl players, which might kill lower players by mistake - they gain minus points as well. Some sort of tactic and communication will get more important again.

I can look back at some very cool nation wars, where the best guilds and players of shinsoo met in teamspeak 3 just to coordinate and beat the others. I've met pretty much every high lvl player from my own kingdom like this. I guess the other kingdoms also assembled their players to communicate with each other. This kind of dynamic is what pvp makes funny and interesting. Once more i can just vote for 3 kingdoms to get back again, else nation war won't be as good as it could be. AND PLEASE STOP MAKING FOX HUNTS ON FRIDAY EVENINGS. This would already serve a good purpose for pvp. Bring back the old rhytm of nation wars.

Surakitic

We've already discussed this in the past. It's a cool idea to encourage players to participate at lower lvls. But it also brings back the high lvls there, which will just join with their lower chars as well...So in the end the fight ''stays between lvl 110 chars''. U can only avoid this by starting these separate nation wars at the same time. Like this barely no one will join at two of them. Problem is, that the fight between 110 chars will stay more crowded, because the challenge and penis-lenght-comparison motivates them more to join there. That means, other nation wars runned at the same time will stay kinda empty.

I think a good way to solve or adjust to this problem is changing something about the point-system. Killing lower players as f.x. 110 player should only give 1 point, so that the lower players focus each other and gain the most points possible. I would even think about the possibility to earn minus-points at a certain point, when f.x. a lvl 110 player kills a lvl 55 player. This will also avoid peoples to join with their scnd chars from other kingdoms to just gain points in which their main char is. Sometimes there will be collateral damage from high lvl players, which might kill lower players by mistake - they gain minus points as well. Some sort of tactic and communication will get more important again.

I can look back at some very cool nation wars, where the best guilds and players of shinsoo met in teamspeak 3 just to coordinate and beat the others. I've met pretty much every high lvl player from my own kingdom like this. I guess the other kingdoms also assembled their players to communicate with each other. This kind of dynamic is what pvp makes funny and interesting. Once more i can just vote for 3 kingdoms to get back again, else nation war won't be as good as it could be. AND PLEASE STOP MAKING FOX HUNTS ON FRIDAY EVENINGS. This would already serve a good purpose for pvp. Bring back the old rhytm of nation wars.
My suggestion is start all wars at once, and yeah maybe you are right about some of them will be kinda empty, and maybe there should be less areas than all the Dojang lvl. Maybe they could start off by making second area for max lvl 79, this way, new players can start making pvp chars for OPVP at lower lvl at less expense..
The problem with the server is that the focus is only on Nation war, GT and Dojang. And:
1: Nation war is only for lvl 110 atm.
2: If you have to pay much to use your OPVP chars 4 times each year many choose not to make one? Maybe this change of nation war, could make a boost to GT aswell?
3: Dojang is 1 v 1 and unless you pay2win you wont win the Dojang in the near future anyway.

Many choose to spend yang on pvm because there is to many yang in pvp items/alch/etc. that is not being used for most of the time, unless staff makes something pvp for all?

And about the minus point system, it can be misused. there could be tactic in taking a bad low lvl with me in for just ruining it for the opponent. i know this is tactics but it kinda ruines the experience for me? The nation war is about gaining points, not getting the opponents to lose points.

Last edited:

VladC

for the love of god, restrict nation war to lvl 96, so that we don't fight for 10 minutes because lvl 60 join and get killed 30 times.

xMovee

Board Star
My suggestion is start all wars at once, and yeah maybe you are right about some of them will be kinda empty, and maybe there should be less areas than all the Dojang lvl. Maybe they could start off by making second area for max lvl 79, this way, new players can start making pvp chars for OPVP at lower lvl at less expense..
The problem with the server is that the focus is only on Nation war, GT and Dojang. And:
1: Nation war is only for lvl 110 atm.
2: If you have to pay much to use your OPVP chars 4 times each year many choose not to make one? Maybe this change og nation war, could make a boost to GT aswell?
3: Dojang is 1 v 1 and unless you pay2win you wont win the Dojang in the near future anyway.

Many choose to spend yang on pvm because there is to much yang that is not being used for most of the time, unless staff makes something pvp for all?

And about the minus point system, it can be misused. there could be tactic in taking a bad low lvl with me in for just ruining it for the opponent. i know this is tactics but it kinda ruines the experience for me? The nation war is about gaining points, not getting the opponents to lose points.
In the end it's good that the aim for players stays to get lvl 110 and compete there. Players these days got so damn soft and cry about every disadvantage, which isn't even one. They just wish to have their dreams fulfilled in the shortest time possible. It really isnt hard at all to create a good 110 char to compete with. It's just fair that the old and settled players stay stronger until they get lazy and don't improve anymore. I miss the ambitious players who don't whine around but start to improve themselves until they can compete at their best.

Maybe an IP-restriction (only 1 char to join with) to the nation war would solve the problem, that others join with their low lvls to ruin the nation war at all.

Trading

Legendary Promoter
maybe make 2 nation wars.
One uo to lvl 96 so low level player have any chance to make pvp out of dojang.
But this Nation war is sticked up to 500/750 points and dont gives any reward ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.