Accepted - Rework Nation War (lack of open pvp in general) | Page 2 | WoM2 Forum

Accepted Rework Nation War (lack of open pvp in general)

New points limit on Nation War:

• 500 Points

Votes: 23 15.2%
  • 750 Points

Votes: 19 12.6%
  • 1000 Points

Votes: 109 72.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeWind

I just had an idea, borrowed from another game, but I think it might be an elegant solution to the "low lvls at Nation War" problem:

Example - a clueless low lv warrior joins the war, goes into battle, dies. After 3-5 deaths like this he's worth 0 points until he assists in a kill, / deals X or more dmg / deals X or more dmg which resulted in a kill.

I'm not sure if this is even doable in the game's code, but it would solve the problem imo.

Last edited:

botlabos

I just had an idea, borrowed from another game, but I think it might be an elegant solution to the "low lvls at Nation War" problem:

Example - a clueless low lv warrior joins the war, goes into battle, dies. After 3-5 deaths like this he's worth 0 points until he assists in a kill, / deals X or more dmg / deals X or more dmg which resulted in a kill.

I'm not sure if this is even doable in the game's code, but it would solve the problem imo.
In coding, almost everything is doable, with some compromise. Your suggestion requires little compromise, the better question is is it worth it for the devs to work on this rather than something else.

Personally, my answer would be no. If a low lvl player joins NW and dies a couple times, sees that he isn't doing a whole lot, dragging his nation down instead of helping it, he should leave the war on his own accord. If he doesn't, he's shooting his dynasty in the leg, which is perfectly fine - sometimes the best thing you can do for your nation is go farm and not join the war.

BlackAnWhite

Conclusion:
1. Open Nation War: 1k total points for a winner: 105-110 players should weigh 3 points, 96-104 2 points and 79-95 1 point and 78 - 1 should be 0 so everyone could join nation war but I wont make such a big diff only if you kill high lvl players, winner gets exp
2. Restricted Nation War: There could be prior to the first one, a 1-95 Nation War where the winner gets 50% yin drop and loser 25% yin drop or maybe all the participants can get a Nation War box, the winner 2 and loser 1 and this one has like some basic drop, nothing to special, lilac changer, adder just to help the new players maybe and motivate them to join
3. The yin drop could be added to the Open Nation War instead of the restricted but thats just an idea to give some competition to lower lvl too

Last edited:

Smaashley

Board Star
Hey, tonight we will start Nation War for Lv 96-110 with 1000 Points limit.

Join and fight, otherwise Fox Hunt is coming back ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
What about this idea ? :
Conclusion:
1. Open Nation War: 1k total points for a winner: 105-110 players should weigh 3 points, 96-104 2 points and 79-95 1 point and 78 - 1 should be 0 so everyone could join nation war but I wont make such a big diff only if you kill high lvl players

BlazeWind

I saw there were "lives" on today's NW, maybe do something similar instead/on top of it:
105-110lv - 50 lives
96-104 - 25 lives
80-95 - 15 lives
40-79 - 5 lives
I assume if you use up all your "lives" you get kicked into Observer Mode.

Doesn't have to be exactly those numbers/lvls, but the idea seems nice for letting lower lvls enjoy the experience, while not ruining the NW's score.

Last edited:

Steven

SGM & Game Designer
Staff member
What about this idea ? :
If I'm not wrong it's already implemented, you can't kill lv 79 and get 3 points from it (as 105-110lv).

but the idea seems nice for letting lower lvls enjoy the experience, while not ruining the NW's score.
They can use Observer Mode, there will be always one player during Nation War who will hunt for "easy" points.

BlazeWind

They can use Observer Mode, there will be always one player during Nation War who will hunt for "easy" points.
Theoretically there will always be two players like that, one from each Nation, so it should even out.

I just loved the chaos of Nation Wars back in the day, with hundreds of players running around. If we could bring it back in a balanced fashion, why not? Sure, lower lvls will quickly die, it's inevitable, but with the score bumped up to 1000 and a "life" system such as this it could work.

Status
Not open for further replies.