What's new

Should a new player be able to achieve the same as players starting from beginning?

TVA

I want to start a philosophical discussion:
Should the new players that start 1,2,3 years after starting playing on wom be able to achieve the same as the ones that started at the beginning?
With the current state (low drop/low success rates), seems like the new players will achieve the same pvm in roughly the same time as the ones that started at beginning.
New players will not even want to join knowing that they will never be able to compete in pvm or pvp.

gigel

with this mentality u're better off not playing at all. It's not only a time issue its also a money issue. You can pretty much buy all your gear by spending $$$ and selling item mall stuff, from changers, to gloves and packages. Thinking about what other players achieved so far does nothing, even if hipotethically no one spent a penny on the server, of course people who played from the beginning will have a boost in terms of progression, that's normal. But with the current iteration of the server that also has a stopping point, you can progress so far as the current gear/items allow you to. People who already progressed that far either stop playing or play less, or they improve very small things to their accounts, buying new gear with better stats or improve alchemy.
In my opinion the only hard thing to catch up to is alchemy, its very hard and very expansive to do that ****, which is a problem but I don't know how many agree with that

RathyB

So from that i shall just quit because my char is 2 weeks old and I can't compete a lot in pvm yet (not fast enough atm), what if instead of thinking in that way, you could see it as a challenge to push yourself? That's how I see it honestly.

darwizzy

when we started we didnt had battlepasses that can earn us 2-3kkk profit per month, with that money alone you can equip a lvl 60 farmer

ChestiX

What can I say? Just three weeks ago, I started over from scratch with a small group of five people. Some of them have already managed to fully enhance their items to +9, and even achieved a full level 100 PET with 10 aggression points (no skin, of course). As for me, I took on the challenge of playing solely as mages. It's been going really well—both of my mages are at level 60, have G's skill, and are fully equipped. Each mage has a full intelligence and PvM set, complete with drop items and everything else needed. So, yes, it does seem easier now, especially considering how we started at the beginning with no possibility of buying pre-bonused or enhanced items

RathyB

What can I say? Just three weeks ago, I started over from scratch with a small group of five people. Some of them have already managed to fully enhance their items to +9, and even achieved a full level 100 PET with 10 aggression points (no skin, of course). As for me, I took on the challenge of playing solely as mages. It's been going really well—both of my mages are at level 60, have G's skill, and are fully equipped. Each mage has a full intelligence and PvM set, complete with drop items and everything else needed. So, yes, it does seem easier now, especially considering how we started at the beginning with no possibility of buying pre-bonused or enhanced items
All that in 3 weeks? How much hours you guys been playing? Did you guys used resources from the other accounts?

gigel

i find this hard to believe with no real money investment

Zwierz

But what are you really counting on? The server is constantly being made easier, in fact it is enough to take part in one fishing event to earn 400-500kk and have the entire starting EQ. Plus battlepass, increased chances of upgrades EQ, 100% scrolls in battlepass. You've come to a difficult server and you're expecting who knows what. In the beginning, the server was much more difficult than now.

PlaQ

I would say the following:
- A new player should be able to progress through the early stages of the game faster than someone who started on day 1, in order to catch up with high lvl players. This should only be possible to a limited extent (e.g. bios, skills and early game EQ).
- Bonuses should always be rare. You should never make it easier to roll good bonuses.
- As more updates & content are added, the early game speed should increase over time.
- Speed servers are also a great way to attract more new players.

RathyB

But what are you really counting on? The server is constantly being made easier, in fact it is enough to take part in one fishing event to earn 400-500kk and have the entire starting EQ. Plus battlepass, increased chances of upgrades EQ, 100% scrolls in battlepass. You've come to a difficult server and you're expecting who knows what. In the beginning, the server was much more difficult than now.
Without the 400-500kk from fishing event how much time would be needed to get yang for the whole starting EQ (at lvl 35), just checking if I'm just a nab xD

Tasky

Without the 400-500kk from fishing event how much time would be needed to get yang for the whole starting EQ (at lvl 35), just checking if I'm just a nab xD
Play at your own pace, the most important advice as a beginner (probably till late game actually) is to sell what you farm and buy what you need. Daddy RNG is there to punish you.

RathyB

Play at your own pace, the most important advice as a beginner (probably till late game actually) is to sell what you farm and buy what you need. Daddy RNG is there to punish you.
Yeah I understood the message after a few days starting, was dumb enough to try green changers to roll bonuses while I should have sold them and buy normal ones to roll

Fr is that guy a troll? Sure make it free wait i give you my lvl 105 acc who many people worked their ass off to reach that in 1 year, so you wanna play 1 week and wannabe the same? Alright spend 60k euro

ChestiX

All that in 3 weeks? How much hours you guys been playing? Did you guys used resources from the other accounts?
Yes, started 1 week before Easter Event. Like for the Team all i can say they are Home Office players so they put some Hours in the game not gonna lie :)
And about resources, i was the only one wo had some resources from my old account but that was just 2 bells 20+9 what you can easy get at 1-2kk each and set lvl 0 items with hp. And yeah spend like like 5-6 hours a day.. btw mages on this server are boosted +the begginer Package help you a lot if you use it with head :)

ChestiX

Right, never make your items until you don't like being hurt :)