What's new

Spammy pick-up

ShuzZzle

Hi,

Sometimes an item pick-up gets "automatically" retried even though you don't own the item or you don't have any slots left. I think you have to be in a group in-order for it to happen.

How-To reproduce:
  1. Be in a group
  2. Drop something that can't be picked up over the group or have a full inventory.
  3. Pick it up with the other character where the owner of the item is somebody else in the group.

I've attached a GIF below on how it looks like.
Edit: Yeah it doesn't work in this forum. Here is the link

SairusHunt

It only happens when you use LMB to pick it up and it is not automatically retrying to pick it up, but it is a warning announcement for you to not go away without noticing that you did not actually pick up the item on which you clicked

ShuzZzle

It only happens when you use LMB to pick it up and it is not automatically retrying to pick it up, but it is a warning announcement for you to not go away without noticing that you did not actually pick up the item on which you clicked
And you know that how? So you basically are implying that this "warning annoucement" is feature?
I don't feel like setting up wireshark but I would bet, that every time it sends a Packet to the server trying to pick up the item. Thus DoSing it a tiny bit in the process. This can not be an intended feature.
But before this goes any further, let us just wait for somebody from the team to respond.