Success of Odyssey | WoM2 Forum

Success of Odyssey

hahab

Hey at all,

I just wanted to say that playing on Odyssey is really a lot of fun, competing on a new server with a highly competent team is just such a good time!

So kudos from my side, very well done to the team!

On a side note: Is it planned to start such a speed server once a year or even every half a year? Are there any plans on this?

Best regards!

Sidelekbrytro

Don't get me wrong.

I think one speed server was enough, becouse from one side it ruined the players who is playing for like 8 years straight.

Fine for those who haven't played Aurora for a few years, and made the same items for like 3 weeks, instead of the players what they made THE same for a few years on Aurora.

PrnyBoy

Board Star
yes, odyssey was a 10/10 success, indeed. Everybody expected that Aurora will drop to 300-400 players while odyssey is on, but it didnt happened. Aurora is still great and Odyssey brings fresh air :D

GG to the Staff for that decission, it went very well

PlaQ

Dont take me wrong the Server is definetly great and a success but:

It was a good Idea at start but for me I think it did not help too much the old Playerbase. But its still the first try and they need to change things up if thy want to have success a second time with it. Seems like the server only focussed on the changer+ and liturally nothing else. For me the definition of an speedserver is slightly different.

I expected more active dropp/exp Events, less Biologist cooldowns, and Faster skill reading (things that just bother a lot of People and waist time for no reason on a speedserver. It also dont harm old Players but helps the new ones). Especially the german Community and Private Server Players who did not ply wom2 before were not so happy about the outcome of the Server because Speedserver was not really the right definition.

It also bothered me that there was such a bad presentation and not too much Promotion around it. I would like to see an Professional presentation which directly creates the urge to play on the Server. I also would like to see some good Server Preview Videos maybe together with your Youtubers/Promoters. You also could help the new Players more .On wom2 you just dont only farm Stones but for the most People who dont know wom it seemed like wom2 was overfarmed and impossible to play at start as you did not showcase the server enought. You lost some players by unfornunate decissions at start and even after People complained you did you explain why you took the steps (which were logical but new player just cant understant some things) and instead ignored them.

Great try with good success but it could have gone better.

Freaky

Quests were just not touched at all which is quite frustrating but outside of that it's all mostly well translated to odyssey

botlabos

Don't get me wrong.

I think one speed server was enough, becouse from one side it ruined the players who is playing for like 8 years straight.

Fine for those who haven't played Aurora for a few years, and made the same items for like 3 weeks, instead of the players what they made THE same for a few years on Aurora.
High-end items haven't even been reached yet. If someone hits a lucky bonus on an item, he could do the same on Aurora. I know of multiple people that stopped playing Odyssey because farming on Aurora was more profitable for them. They're not at the end-game on Aurora. We haven't made those OP items you talk about. There's like 1-2 items in total that are extremely rare. Yes, if people use changers on items they'll get OP bonuses sometimes. But it's not all the time.

whathell

It was a good Idea at start but for me I think it did not help too much the old Playerbase. But its still the first try and they need to change things up if thy want to have success a second time with it. Seems like the server only focussed on the changer+ and liturally nothing else. For me the definition of an speedserver is slightly different.

I expected more active dropp/exp Events, less Biologist cooldowns, and Faster skill reading (things that just bother a lot of People and waist time for no reason on a speedserver. It also dont harm old Players but helps the new ones). Especially the german Community and Private Server Players who did not ply wom2 before were not so happy about the outcome of the Server because Speedserver was not really the right definition.

It also bothered me that there was such a bad presentation and not too much Promotion around it. I would like to see an Professional presentation which directly creates the urge to play on the Server. I also would like to see some good Server Preview Videos maybe together with your Youtubers/Promoters. You also could help the new Players more .On wom2 you just dont only farm Stones but for the most People who dont know wom it seemed like wom2 was overfarmed and impossible to play at start as you did not showcase the server enought. You lost some players by unfornunate decissions at start and even after People complained you did you explain why you took the steps (which were logical but new player just cant understant some things) and instead ignored them.

It could’ve gone so much better considering the covid pandemic. I am not impressed at all. Hopefully they learned from odyssey mistakes as there were many and future server might actually be worth called speed.

PlaQ

High-end items haven't even been reached yet. If someone hits a lucky bonus on an item, he could do the same on Aurora. I know of multiple people that stopped playing Odyssey because farming on Aurora was more profitable for them. They're not at the end-game on Aurora. We haven't made those OP items you talk about. There's like 1-2 items in total that are extremely rare. Yes, if people use changers on items they'll get OP bonuses sometimes. But it's not all the time.
We say the same that’s why I don’t think it was as successful as it could have been. Besides that u have not started switching glacial stuff so we still have time to go.

3xKiller

There arent even any soul crystal items on Odyssey maybe 2,3 earrings not to mention high rare items

Akitas

Community Manager
Staff member
Hey, thank you for your honest feedback and with that i'd like to share a few words.

We said it before and we'll say it again that this is a new concept for all of us and the best we could've done was to predict what would be the best experience for our playerbase while minding the goal we set for the average players to reach on the server.
The best thing about it is that it was the experimental base and it went very well imo and from here on out there's much we can learn from it and certainly do better.

Pochador

I get you i am just answering to the changer+ stuff that it wont ruin the old players 8 year game play
Not sure about it. I saw 7-8 final items (bsa 4def hp, 61 shields op)... after 3weeks...
Maybe Im wrong but I think there will be final glacial items after 2 months.

Obviously Odyssey brought some fresh air to WOM2!

BlazeWind

Board Star
I get you i am just answering to the changer+ stuff that it wont ruin the old players 8 year game play
I get you aswell but what's the point in in old players holding high lv PvP hostage forever?
Wouldn't veterans like to compete against someone other than the same players over and over again?
Doesn't everyone benefit from more players joining high lv PvP?
Why shouldn't Odyssey break the exclusivity of high lv PvP on Aurora?

PlaQ

I get you aswell but what's the point in in old players holding high lv PvP hostage forever?
Wouldn't veterans like to compete against someone other than the same players over and over again?
Bro u are a living lvl 35 farmer meme here. We could gift you maxed EQ and u would still farm on map2. The basic concept of Aurora is that rare EQ has a value and that is what keeps the prices and the server alive. You want to basically change the main concept of Wom2 and talk about Highs keeping PvP hostage. Did you maybe miss the Kings Event? There were so many PvP guys there and now imagine how this will be when People will join after megre.

And besides that there are so many Rare items on Odyssey already and now imagine what will happen when People start to get Glacial Stuff and switch on them as thats what most highs will do.

Besides that People who cant compete in PvPas it is now wont compete in PvP with Odyssey as well. If someone is good enought he can manage to play pvp in 3-4 Months easy with medicore EQ and then grind for rare EQ. Basic PvP is cheap.

3xKiller

True that

3xKiller

Bro u are a living lvl 35 farmer meme here. We could gift you maxed EQ and u would still farm on map2. The basic concept of Aurora is that rare EQ has a value and that is what keeps the prices and the server alive. You want to basically change the main concept of Wom2 and talk about Highs keeping PvP hostage. Did you maybe miss the Kings Event? There were so many PvP guys there and now imagine how this will be when People will join after megre.

And besides that there are so many Rare items on Odyssey already and now imagine what will happen when People start to get Glacial Stuff and switch on them as thats what most highs will do.
Not gonna lie lvl 35 is the best but u have a point

Crackmen

Board Legend

Besides that People who cant compete in PvPas it is now wont compete in PvP with Odyssey as well. If someone is good enought he can manage to play pvp in 3-4 Months easy with medicore EQ and then grind for rare EQ. Basic PvP is cheap.

lmao, server is merged in 1 month, all the great stuff quadesh and other ro's from aurora doing in this 2 months, they could have done in 1 week in aurora
so stop this bullsh.t talking about rare items etc, ALL THE RARE IMAGINATIONS FROM YOU PEOPLE can be done by the same players 10x times faster in aurora then in odysee

so all of you who cry about stuff losing worth, , i just whiped out your argument ;)

PlaQ

lmao, server is merged in 1 month, all the great stuff quadesh and other ro's from aurora doing in this 2 months, they could have done in 1 week in aurora
so stop this bullsh.t talking about rare items etc, ALL THE RARE IMAGINATIONS FROM YOU PEOPLE can be done by the same players 10x times faster in aurora then in odysee

so all of you who cry about stuff losing worth, , i just whiped out your argument ;)
Bro pls farm Metin stones on map2 and dont talk about high Stuff. No one talks about making Glacial Stuff +9 or Enigmatic+9 Weapons. We talk about switching extremly good bonuses in a short ammount of time. Which took 7 Years on Aurora. for example perfect 61 Schields, 3x15 10 demi earrings, 1k 15 15 10 10 crit shoes and more. And most of it was switched with Changer+. Imagine what will happen if 100 people start switching Glacial Stuff for the last month.

lourd123

Bro pls farm Metin stones on map2 and dont talk about high Stuff. No one talks about making Glacial Stuff +9 or Enigmatic+9 Weapons. We talk about switching extremly good bonuses in a short ammount of time. Which took 7 Years on Aurora. for example perfect 61 Schields, 3x15 10 demi earrings, 1k 15 15 10 10 crit shoes and more. And most of it was switched with Changer+. Imagine what will happen if 100 people start switching Glacial Stuff for the last month.
i am already doing that <3