Sword vs Two Handed | WoM2 Forum

Sword vs Two Handed

GStark

Hello there so i have been playing this game for a long time and only now realized that they different values for example:

I have always used the two handed version of every weapon but seeing it now why would anyone use a sword if you can use a two handed version, what's the point?

The gisarme above not only does more damage but it has the same attack speed as the broad sword, why would anyone choose the sword?

P.s: I'm dumb and played this game the same way since forever not realizing the differences.

Loki

Board Star
If you intend to only farm metin stones 2 Hand weapon is probably the better option.
But in highlvl there are dungeons where you have to fight from the ground and then the 1 Hand weapons is better.

Additionally the Poison Sword is on many servers stronger then the Grudge Sword. But this is not the case on WoM.

Aky420

While you're on horse/mount then yeah obviously the 2 handed version is better but when you're on the ground (for example meley dungeon) the sword is undoubtably superior due to its higher animation speed

GStark

If you intend to only farm metin stones 2 Hand weapon is probably the better option.
But in highlvl there are dungeons where you have to fight from the ground and then the 1 Hand weapons is better.

Additionally the Poison Sword is on many servers stronger then the Grudge Sword. But this is not the case on WoM.
Didn't know that!

While you're on horse/mount then yeah obviously the 2 handed version is better but when you're on the ground (for example meley dungeon) the sword is undoubtably superior due to its higher animation speed
So even if they have the same attack speed, on ground one handed is better because of the speed of the animation? That's actually really interesting, is it meant to be that way or it's just the game?

Rosenbloom

maybe this will help you get some insight on what weapon you should use. There are a couple of other posts discussing the differences in attack speed between swords and 2-handers (which I can't find) - short answer, they don't have the same attack speed, pretty much regardless of situation.