Votes: 26 18.8%
  • Actual version

Votes: 71 51.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PfeilImKopf

It was explicitly said that the team felt compelled to change something. And with a roughly 50:50 vote for or against a change, the team then of course decided FOR an adjustment. I don't see the point anyway, why only the highlvl players should use this pet well. You have almost everything anyway, so give the newer player the chance to farm faster and better with more damage. If you only play 1h a day anyway, you should probably start a new hobby if you don't have enough time to play longer.
I am happy about this change and will definitely buy one pet per month for 2-4 chars for this price.
And no, I'm not unemployed. I study and go to work on the side and still have several hours a day to play, even different games. It is all a question of organization and everyone can learn it

Boghy8

Board Star
I kinda like the changes, since one of my choices was version 2, which seems to be/fit what you said in that post.
Anyway, I would like to say my opinion on this too.
Hello everybody,
The results of the poll have given us clearer insights on what to do. Half of the community has been proven to be open for the changes on the actual system, the other half... Not so much.
It's not about being OPEN to changes or not. It's only about convenience. The half you called "open to changes" WANT a change because they DO NOT like the actual version and the opposite for the second half. It has NOTHING to do with "open mind" or else. Trust me. You are talking about players on metin2, not IRL.

Like we said previously, we really need to fix this, so we are trying to cover all needs, or the majority of them, for the most, for the community and for the server.
Then try to consider what some people propose. Two different versions. Because on 50% who voted for the actual version, some of them voted that because maybe the 2 versions were not so satisfactory.
Anyway, aside from some "confusion / chaos " on the first purchases, I do not see any downsides on that. People who like the actual version will still buy that. Players who not, will buy the new one. That's a win/win situation. Because if you put on IS only 1 version, be sure that you'll lose some purchases from that 50% who voted for the actual version.
I think that's pretty clear and easy to understand, but I don't know if I wrote it correctly.

As such, we are inclined to advance with the following set of modifications:
  • Real-Time Consuming starting on first use of the seal
  • Bonuses of pets will be improved
  • Pets already existing (owned) will not be affected by the change
  • PvP pets will have different pricing (cheaper)
  • Low chance to drop them in-game
  • QOL change, nice & easy
  • Nice point. But personally, I would prefer something like % hp abs, or maybe the % resistance increased (10% --> 15%) , instead of 5% mob ---> 7% mob. Anyway, I would like to know more details about it. Just do not put some "useless" bonuses like 1k hp :)
  • Fair
  • Fair too. PvP players will be happy I guess
  • Awesome !! I would say from chaoses (maybe based on the resistance. Like % darkness from metins/maps where you need that resistance), maybe bosses? I don't know. Anyway, it's a good change and I agree with the low chance. But I would suggest to NOT add them into coffers drop.

Clairmont

Promotion Manager
Staff member
None of the votes were ignored, that's why we made a poll in the first place.
As Argus already said, the biggest issue with the actual version of pets is the low necessity to buy them. If you want more transparency, I can say that between 1st May and 1st June, less than 10% of the total number of active players within this period bought a pet. This including the pets bought only with DC from v4c (which can give you up to 240DC per month...for free).
Yes, I can understand that some individuals are not happy with the change, but we tried to find the best option for both of the parts (server and community) and I think we found it. I need to add that pets are NOT a necessity, but a simply push. You need those bonuses and you think the prices are decent? Buy one! You also have the option to buy from ItemShop or directly from other players.

Loki

Board Star
As Argus already said, the biggest issue with the actual version of pets is the low necessity to buy them. If you want more transparency, I can say that between 1st May and 1st June, less than 10% of the total number of active players within this period bought a pet. This including the pets bought only with DC from v4c (which can give you up to 240DC per month...for free).
It would be interesting to see the numbers for Ring of Willpower in comparison.

ShootingSt4r

Board Star
It was explicitly said that the team felt compelled to change something. And with a roughly 50:50 vote for or against a change, the team then of course decided FOR an adjustment. I don't see the point anyway, why only the highlvl players should use this pet well. You have almost everything anyway, so give the newer player the chance to farm faster and better with more damage. If you only play 1h a day anyway, you should probably start a new hobby if you don't have enough time to play longer.
I am happy about this change and will definitely buy one pet per month for 2-4 chars for this price.
And no, I'm not unemployed. I study and go to work on the side and still have several hours a day to play, even different games. It is all a question of organization and everyone can learn it
For a Guy who is farming Metins for 1- xy hours per day and share his farm char with other friends like many other PPL on this server, this new Pets are perfect. For everyone who is not able to play several hours per day or is simply trying to farm Dungeons gets kicked in the ass again. First new Keys now removed pets.
A 50/50 Vote should've showed the Team that their "new pets" are maybe not the best solution. I think a 3rd Pet is still needed for Dungeons and ppl who need them only for bosses and other small stuff.

Yes, I can understand that some individuals are not happy with the change, but we tried to find the best option for both of the parts (server and community) and I think we found it. I need to add that pets are NOT a necessity, but a simply push. You need those bonuses and you think the prices are decent? Buy one! You also have the option to buy from ItemShop or directly from other players.
None of the votes were ignored?
I understand that you want to change the Pets a bit since all of them are not worth to buy besides the EXP one.
But.. Wtf do you mean with "some individuals" ? Some player? do you try to insult them ? "some individuals" are not the minority, they are the majority at this vote and the other "individuals" are splitted in 3 parts and now you wanna tell me you found the best solution ? I can see a greedy money focused decision and not a "good solution for server and community"

rizux

sometimes i dont understand you guys
"The results of the poll have given us clearer insights on what to do. Half of the community has been proven to be open for the changes on the actual system, the other half... Not so much. "

when we guys want to change something in game massive you guys come no no even if 50/50 because 50% dont want
on this case 51% dont want to change and you guys still want to make the change
you guys are being greedy i dont care if you guys dont like to hear the true you guys only see money but to get money you need to be sucessful 700 players from 2.4k in 1 month dont come telling was the covid because i can put servers here that lost 200 players or 300 only and keep going for 1800-2000 players at sametime and 8-10k daily
the team is passing some hard time and we can see shogun left with the stupid excuse i ever seen
Developers only have big mouths 4 months i only saw updates that a 9 years old kid could do with eyes closed
Gm's come to server at sametime but when needed no one on the server to help
server is good team is having so much problem trying things just for Euros
now tell me what the point of wasting money on this server
i could waste money for what ? for this **** content admins being rude and brainless talking to old players
this server need realy developers not people removing the horse being tired or crying because we get free vote coins
you want remove vote coins remove is ok we can still buy things in game
but if you want money to keep salaries and server hosted you guys need to learn how to hear the comunity and be able to keep up with real content

Boghy8

Board Star
Team... Players start to understand why Paci & Shogun are not here since some times.

I understand why you want to change pet, and from your side is super understandable. Unfortunately the server "lost" a good amount of players and with that a lot of " possible $$ ". So it's fine.

My advice, if you wanna hear it, is :
Put 2 versions of pets, as I said in my comment above. Giving tho different options as I mentioned, is better than "pissing off" the 50% of the players who voted for the actual version (or a good part of it). That's not the best timing to piss off players who maybe are already for a different reason ( justified or not ).

Also start to consider a change for the "ring of will power", with a tradable version. If you really wanna make some $$ out of this period, or at least more than the current situation, consider what I said.

Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: Just give it a try. In the worst case, if you don't see a positive result, in 20/40/60 days, you can change again. Just don't make a big change or something that might have a big impact on players (I'm not talking only about farming). You have a lot of previous situations with "big" changes, or just something really different / something that players didn't liked, and we know how it turned out most of the time.

Last edited:

PfeilImKopf

There was only one vote difference ... They made clear that they want to change something, if about 70% + would have been against it, they would have left it that way. But so the opinions were balanced and made a decision with the help of their own opinion. And there's nothing wrong with that. You asked for the general opinion and the worst possible result came. And one has to decide in the end and these are the owners of the server. They just wanted to make sure that not more than 50% of the players were against a change.
If you really don't like how the team deals with the server, you should do two things.
First you should play on the Official Server of Gameforge for a while and see how much your opinion is worth there :).
Second, try to successfully manage your own server for 7 years with players still active in the four-digit range. I would be interested in your experiences to please everyone.
I would also be annoyed if something that I use every day gets more expensive, but firstly, every idiot in the highlvl can quickly farm the pet together and secondly, if the server can record more income as a result, this is also good for all of us.
I really have the feeling that you have all forgotten how well you are doing here. You have been able to play on one server continuously for 7 years, there is nothing like that anywhere else. And I would be happy if we can play here for another seven years.

Aky420

There was only one vote difference ... They made clear that they want to change something, if about 70% + would have been against it, they would have left it that way. But so the opinions were balanced and made a decision with the help of their own opinion. And there's nothing wrong with that. You asked for the general opinion and the worst possible result came. And one has to decide in the end and these are the owners of the server. They just wanted to make sure that not more than 50% of the players were against a change.
If you really don't like how the team deals with the server, you should do two things.
First you should play on the Official Server of Gameforge for a while and see how much your opinion is worth there :).
Second, try to successfully manage your own server for 7 years with players still active in the four-digit range. I would be interested in your experiences to please everyone.
I would also be annoyed if something that I use every day gets more expensive, but firstly, every idiot in the highlvl can quickly farm the pet together and secondly, if the server can record more income as a result, this is also good for all of us.
I really have the feeling that you have all forgotten how well you are doing here. You have been able to play on one server continuously for 7 years, there is nothing like that anywhere else. And I would be happy if we can play here for another seven years.

Attachments

kosmos

Promo Supporter
I don't know how it works in your country but in my country 49% split in 3 "teams" doesn't give you prime minister rights. Those 51% are the majority of the votes because you put it in 4 different options. Those 51% should be the "prime minister". The removal of the pets during this poll was also a bad move because people now don't have an option. Ate least should be left there while this poll was ongoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.