What's new

Upgrade rates destroy gameplay

plkio

Hello community,

I recently experienced something that I'd like to share with you here.

Just started playing for a month or so (I play ocassionally, once every 2-3 days) and wanted to craft myself a RIB+9 for my warrior.

The problem is that from 12 RIBs, ALL of them failed from +3 to +5, although I upgraded them at the guild's blacksmith!
I think this is a shame even for a server that wants to make a name for itself as an old school Metin2 server. To be honest, I think you can find better upgrade rates in classic official servers (no promoting intended).

I'm one of the old players who started on the first WoM2 server, years ago. I have many cool memories from back then, and I was really excited to start on the new WoM2 server, to be honest.
But these upgrade rates make it impossible to play and I'm seriously having doubts whether to continue playing, because it feels all efforts are for nothing.

I ask for a point of view from the board of leaders of WoM2.

Thank you.

Mokuba

Even though i completely understand this can be frustrating, the one thing i don't get about posts like these is:
What do you expect? This is called RNG, someone else might upgrade 3 RIBS in a row +9.
And seriously if you are already complaingin about RIB upgrades, you better call it a day and remove the WoM2 folder.
That is not meant as an insult or a way to provoke you, it's just my advice if u already think this is hard.

plkio

Even though i completely understand this can be frustrating, the one thing i don't get about posts like these is:
What do you expect? This is called RNG, someone else might upgrade 3 RIBS in a row +9.
And seriously if you are already complaingin about RIB upgrades, you better call it a day and remove the WoM2 folder.
That is not meant as an insult or a way to provoke you, it's just my advice if u already think this is hard.
Hello Mokuba,
I appreciate for replying. However, next time when using abbreviations, make sure to enlighten the rest of the mortals as to what it means - Random Number Generator

Of course it is a matter of probability, otherwise the game would not make sense! My problem is not that the probability of failling an item exists.
My problem (and I'm convinced that I'm not the only one) is that the rates of failling are exagerated, they are too high, even when compared to classic official servers.

Mokuba

Hello Mokuba,
I appreciate for replying. However, next time when using abbreviations, make sure to enlighten the rest of the mortals as to what it means - Random Number Generator

Of course it is a matter of probability, otherwise the game would not make sense! My problem is not that the probability of failling an item exists.
My problem (and I'm convinced that I'm not the only one) is that the rates of failling are exagerated, they are too high, even when compared to classic official servers.
Sorry - didn't think about it because i always refer to it as RNG and i think most people know what it means in this context.

But that is exactly my point.
You upgraded 12 ribs?
What kind of result do you get from 12 ribs. That is not even close to a statistically sufficient number for you to say that the fail rate is exagerrated.

This is like asking 12 russian people what they think of the ongoing war and calling the result a fact.
makes no sense, aye?

gigabyte

Hello community,

Just started playing for a month or so (I play ocassionally, once every 2-3 days) and wanted to craft myself a RIB+9 for my warrior.

The problem is that from 12 RIBs, ALL of them failed from +3 to +5, although I upgraded them at the guild's blacksmith!
I think this is a shame even for a server that wants to make a name for itself as an old school Metin2 server. To be honest, I think you can find better upgrade rates in classic official servers (no promoting intended).

I'm one of the old players who started on the first WoM2 server, years ago. I have many cool memories from back then, and I was really excited to start on the new WoM2 server, to be honest.
But these upgrade rates make it impossible to play and I'm seriously having doubts whether to continue playing, because it feels all efforts are for nothing.

Thank you.
Yes the uprates here are slightly harder than on official servers, but I think its by design. RIB is relatively easy to upgrade in comparison to stuff like heavens tear accessories and later down the line stuff like poison swords. These items feel literally impossible to get to +9. Anyway, if you want it to get easier this might not be the server for you. Best thing for you to do is to farm 15kk and buy a bad rib+9 instead of wasting all your resources trying to upgrade it.

At the end of the day upgrading = gambling and most of the time you will lose.

plkio

Sorry - didn't think about it because i always refer to it as RNG and i think most people know what it means in this context.

But that is exactly my point.
You upgraded 12 ribs?
What kind of result do you get from 12 ribs. That is not even close to a statistically sufficient number for you to say that the fail rate is exagerrated.

This is like asking 12 russian people what they think of the ongoing war and calling the result a fact.
makes no sense, aye?
I don't think the Russian people analogy is the best example ...

plkio

Yes the uprates here are slightly harder than on official servers, but I think its by design. RIB is relatively easy to upgrade in comparison to stuff like heavens tear accessories and later down the line stuff like poison swords. These items feel literally impossible to get to +9. Anyway, if you want it to get easier this might not be the server for you. Best thing for you to do is to farm 15kk and buy a bad rib+9 instead of wasting all your resources trying to upgrade it.

At the end of the day upgrading = gambling and most of the time you will lose.
I have given it a try, because I was so fond of the old WoM2 ... clearly better than this one.

Warrex

Hello community,

Thank you.
My advice when you start fresh on server and don't like upgrade system and rates or simply not feeling lucky to up item to +9.

Reach lv30 and use fishing to get some clams,sell and buy at least 20% avg RIB/FMS+9 . (without st+4 cheaper)
Use it for farm and once you have enough yangs buy something better.
Trust me if you complain now for lv30 weapon upgrade rates you will cry when you start upgrade for Poison/Grudge Sword+9
(I don't want to mention lv105 weapon)

Good luck buddy

Warrex

i tried to make lv 5 weapon to +9 35+ fails noone +9 :ROFLMAO: i just bought it
I'm little bit rusty but I think lv5 weapons +9 can drop in Grotto on ice mobs not 100% sure but yeah even if you want to up +8-+9 Guild smith never shows mercy 😂

Roxie

Game Master
Hello,

Thank you for the feedback, we will brainstorm to find a solution that would improve your experience while upgrading items.

Have a nice day,
Roxie