v20.0 Update - Discussion Thread | WoM2 Forum

v20.0 Update - Discussion Thread

ShootingSt4r

Board Star
The new player Guidelines are a brilliant feature a "mini-quest" which helps even the most unexperienced players to reach higher lvls without being lost at lv xy and forced him to quit - Metin2 is the game with the worst game explanations ever - maybe, so this is just 200iq. From my side I would add a quest task in one of the first 1-3 Quests to Visit the Forum for the Ulitmate Guide + Vote4Coins + Events

bjoern0410

That'd be super dope in fact, but sadly we cannot really track such kind of objectives.
I have paid it some time and i think it would be possible. Just link the game Account with the forum Account and then as track if a Player have visited the threads, use the like function. So the task will be, visit and like the Ultimate Guide etc. It should not be that hard to bring this in an working code

Things to think at:
- Link multiple Game Accounts to one Forum Account
- Give the Task once per Account, Not once per Char.
- And what about generaly give all tasks and rewards once per Account to dont let them being abused?

Aubury

It's like V4 said, those 20 green changers look oddly suspicious for little to no effort doing quests. I think the rewards should be revisited in order not to decrease the cost of green changers into the abyss.

VFour

Board Legend
Increasing the rate of metins? PEOPLE WILL LOVE IT!!
Like that worked on wom3 very well didn't it? Nice
Also, taking out quests? So now we just farm like any other servers, thank you for taking out the fun.
I actually was looking forward to see you all focusing on wom2 after wom3 closure, but you just want to take it down the same path, nice work guys, I think I'll be leaving in some time, this is just another server

VFour

Board Legend
I hate this so much, you always forget about your own stuff, you have chaos metins to considere, you want to flood the market??
I always get metins on map2, make more metins on deceitful forest at this point, cause I never find metins there, this gives me so much rage

Argus

Community Manager
Staff member
Opinions about quests are different.

We would like to give a different aspect to the beloved quests and permit those players who want to run quests, to be able to do it but remove from the general mass the annoying and unwanted quests.

Everything at it's time.

VFour

Board Legend
This is just a warning guys, you are making a terrible mistake by adding metins, you say you want people to go to the endgame but then you do this, flooding the market, making people stay low lvl because there's a lot more metins, I can't imagine the number of metins one guy can get at 3am, because I farm a lot of them at flipping 5pm,youre taking out something that it's there for a reason, there will be more players than metins, you don't learn from your mistakes.
And it's not only these, the game, I'm sorry, I like you, but it is completely buggy, events, items that shouldn't be there like savage booty, stuff from the season that was taken out AGES ago, I'm sad seeing the game like this, we need thought about the game, not just implementing stuff randomly like you are doing.
It's just a warning, later don't come saying "people left the game, nothing we can do".
Please bring Think back, he knew everything, I like you all but you are destroying a masterpiece.

Argus

Community Manager
Staff member
You are not aware of the modifications yet you start statements. Please, first try in-game after the update is implemented and see what is the "new" metin counter and the times and we can debate if this is a game-changer or not.

PACI

Developer
First of all you should sit down and calm yourself a bit before coming here to shoot randomly without really knowing what is going on here. Just, chill, you are overreacting.

Now there is a reason patch notes are coming earlier and discussion threads are elaborated. It's for us to see how players look at each one of the changes we do. And that allows us to rectificate in certain cases, modifying a given point, or even reverting it at all.

The case with metin stones is easily explainable, and I do appreciate your concern with the economy, however in the past updates released, all the cooldowns and spots were improved EXCEPT these ones we hit now. There were stones with ridiculous cooldowns.

As for the missions. We removed most of the unpleasant SUBQUESTS, which were either boring, or irrelevant to finish. Although we have implemented 30 brand new ones.
Missions are not going to be over on this game, that we can assure.

Regarding the comparison with WoM3. It's again erroneous. On WoM3 the change was totally rough. A thing that does not apply here.

Lastly, Think is and was a big head, for sure. But don't assume he was the mastermind on every single excellent thing that occurred around.

Last edited:

VFour

Board Legend
First of all you should sit down and calm yourself a bit before coming here to shoot randomly without really knowing what is going on here. Just, chill, you are overreacting.

Now there is a reason patch notes are coming earlier and discussion threads are elaborated. It's for us to see how players look at each one of the changes we do. And that allows us to rectificate in certain cases, modificating a given point, or even reverting it at all.

The case with metin stones is easily explainable, and I do appreciate your concern with the economy, however in the past updates released, all the cooldowns and spots were improved EXCEPT these ones we hit now. There were stones with ridiculous cooldowns.

As for the missions. We removed most of the unpleasant SUBQUESTS, which were either boring, or irrelevant to finish. Although we have implemented 30 brand new ones.
Missions are not going to be over on this game, that we can assure.

Regarding the comparison with WoM3. It's again erroneous. On WoM3 the change was totally rough. A thing that does not apply here.

Lastly, Think is and was a big head, for sure. But don't assume he was the mastermind on every single excellent thing that occurred around.
You're good man, just fix the game
Also, you can't use the same criteria for all stuff, map2 metins (can't talk for map1) are good as they are