Weapon skins | WoM2 Forum

Weapon skins

There was a post about it a while ago, but i can't find it, so i guess i have to propose this again. Imo it would be a nice feature to the game, maybe even add it for a higher DC price or craftable with rare/expensive stuff. Maybe when we are going to get a new dungeon, make it possible to obtain it only there, maybe not as a drop, but craftable with items that u can get only there.
If u don't think weapon skins are a great idea, maybe we can have some extra special effects on weapons, like a yellow lighting on it or smth. It doesn't ruin the game, just make the char look better so why not. Personally i would love to have it. Waiting for pro/cons on this.

IDemonI

Board Star
There was a post about it a while ago, but i can't find it, so i guess i have to propose this again. Imo it would be a nice feature to the game, maybe even add it for a higher DC price or craftable with rare/expensive stuff. Maybe when we are going to get a new dungeon, make it possible to obtain it only there, maybe not as a drop, but craftable with items that u can get only there.
If u don't think weapon skins are a great idea, maybe we can have some extra special effects on weapons, like a yellow lighting on it or smth. It doesn't ruin the game, just make the char look better so why not. Personally i would love to have it. Waiting for pro/cons on this.
+1 always for this one. Not the one u can make a rune sword +9 look like a fms or vice versa

Doofenshmirtz

And additional make it possible to get skins for different glows, like the red Colour for +9 could be blue or green, different animation just something more exciting.

+1 for your suggestion, would like to add this as well.

TheGift

Board Star
I am TOTALLY against this, BUT if it comes to it in the end, I'd proposed for a level limit to exist. For example, if I am level 30 and I want to make my FMS look like a RUNE sword, I can, but I won't be able to wear it until that specific level, it's only fair for me. This way, even if we would see lv. 110 guys wearing long or cane swords, at least we won't see level 15, 39 or so on wearing beta weapons +9.
Another option would be just like it is on the officials, add 2-3-10 skins which can have some bonuses and get them a time duration, pretty much like the other consumables we have.
Later Edit: The skins could look like our forgotten weapons that we all know from the antiques P server, the baron sword, mortal blade and so on.

Trading

Legendary Promoter
I am TOTALLY against this, BUT if it comes to it in the end, I'd proposed for a level limit to exist. For example, if I am level 30 and I want to make my FMS look like a RUNE sword, I can, but I won't be able to wear it until that specific level, it's only fair for me. This way, even if we would see lv. 110 guys wearing long or cane swords, at least we won't see level 15, 39 or so on wearing beta weapons +9.
Another option would be just like it is on the officials, add 2-3-10 skins which can have some bonuses and get them a time duration, pretty much like the other consumables we have.
Later Edit: The skins could look like our forgotten weapons that we all know from the antiques P server, the baron sword, mortal blade and so on.
and why are 35 not allowed to be rich and make a nice look? nonsense lmao.

IDemonI

Board Star
I dont think they will add that trash system, right @Argus ? Only skins that u can buy with dc, right? Pls say yes

TheGift

Board Star
and why are 35 not allowed to be rich and make a nice look? nonsense lmao.
Because that system basically screws up the server's ideology, but if we'll see every freaking account walking around with enigmatic items +9, well, then we will look like any other c**p pvp server out there.
Hopefully we'll have the DC option, not the system, I'm against any of them anyway, but it won't really matter in the end because of the majority, even if the majority doesn't always takes the best decisions (see the dynasties).

Rosenbloom

Easy - if the system implies "borrowing" the appearance of one of the weapons in your inventory, the weapon you wear reverts back to its normal skin if the other weapon is traded away.

For example, you are a lvl 41 farmer and want to look like you're using a BSA+9 but you wear a 34 armor. You borrow the skin from a BSA in your inv and use it but, when and if you trade that BSA to your main or smth, you also lose the skin.

OFC, this applies is we are talking about skins of weapons/armors that are currently in-game.
If you come up with new models I don't think there's the need to allow Runes and Beta weapons to be used as skins.

IDemonI

Board Star
Easy - if the system implies "borrowing" the appearance of one of the weapons in your inventory, the weapon you wear reverts back to its normal skin if the other weapon is traded away.

For example, you are a lvl 41 farmer and want to look like you're using a BSA+9 but you wear a 34 armor. You borrow the skin from a BSA in your inv and use it but, when and if you trade that BSA to your main or smth, you also lose the skin.

OFC, this applies is we are talking about skins of weapons/armors that are currently in-game.
If you come up with new models I don't think there's the need to allow Runes and Beta weapons to be used as skins.
I hope they dont

Boghy8

Board Star
Our designers are trying to do something related to weapon skins.
IF YOUR IDEA IS TO MAKE NEW SKINS OR SYSTEM --->
Just copy them. copy some systems...Stop trying to make things on your own. Even if the server is 7 y old. there is a point when your luck end and you'll NOT gain again the players back.

Last edited:

IDemonI

Board Star
IF YOUR IDEA IS TO MAKE NEW SKINS OR SYSTEM --->
Just copy them. copy some systems...Stop trying to make things on your own. Even if the server is 7 y old. there is a point when your luck end and you'll gain again the players back.
The best point where the sv was stable was when it was hader (and i also want to point this out) kingdoms. It was so stable. I dont think it has ever gone from 10k to 3k so fast, like this one

Trading

Legendary Promoter
Because that system basically screws up the server's ideology, but if we'll see every freaking account walking around with enigmatic items +9, well, then we will look like any other c**p pvp server out there.
Hopefully we'll have the DC option, not the system, I'm against any of them anyway, but it won't really matter in the end because of the majority, even if the majority doesn't always takes the best decisions (see the dynasties).
ah new things are bad i see. in many of ur posts ur against new things and thats how server die

TheGift

Board Star
ah new things are bad i see. in many of ur posts ur against new things and thats how server die
Nah, the server dies because of people like you, who are always screaming for new things and when they get them, they want more and more. Just for them to leave afterwards anyway.
Look at the dynasties, how many of the guys that voted PRO are still playing? How many views do we have on the thread to bring the kingdoms back?
Want new things? Screw it, bring new costumes, new mounts, even new maps and new level caps, but don't ask for systems that will completely ruin every last bit of personality that this server has left in it. It used to be a hardcore PvM and it slowly turned into a new school, and guess what? We lost 2k players anyway, with all the new additions.

Trading

Legendary Promoter
Cmon bro that system really is crap.. literally just seeing a lv 15 with rune +9 skin as a newcomer makes you sick
most played server has that :) i see a pattern

Nah, the server dies because of people like you, who are always screaming for new things and when they get them, they want more and more. Just for them to leave afterwards anyway.
Look at the dynasties, how many of the guys that voted PRO are still playing? How many views do we have on the thread to bring the kingdoms back?
Want new things? Screw it, bring new costumes, new mounts, even new maps and new level caps, but don't ask for systems that will completely ruin every last bit of personality that this server has left in it. It used to be a hardcore PvM and it slowly turned into a new school, and guess what? We lost 2k players anyway, with all the new additions.
lmao im here since 5 years and i literally made 2 suggestions. i accept updates and keep playin and look what happens haha i paid 25-30k into this server im a reason why its alive