What's new

Wording and Clarity of the HP Absorb Bonus

Sxx

Hello,

This post is about the HP Absorb Bonus that can be found on Body Armours and Bracelets.

This is the Bonus Tab in the Character Panel.
Screenshot_115.png
It Says HP Steal and when you hover it says Drains your enemy's HP when you hit them.

This is the Bonus, let's say from a bracelet.
Screenshot_116.png
It says Chance to deal +5% melee damage and absorb it as HP.

The character Tab shows this after equipping the Bracelet with the Bonus.
Screenshot_117.png

I have been noticing, that this is not the traditional Hit for 1000 heal for 100 bonus that i know of. I guess that it might be an indirect nerf to Suras.

So my questions are:

1) Does the bonus actually upgrade the chance to absorb HP?
Meaning, do i have a better chance to absorb the more i have from the bonus?

2) Does it upgrade the % of the damage it absorbs?
Meaning, we always have the same chance to absorb which is unkown, and if it procs on a 1000 hit, with 0% of the bonus i will absorb 0, with 5% of the bonus i will absorb 50hp and with 10% i will absorb 100.

3) Does it give a chance to deal +X% increased damage and absorb that X% increase as life?
Meaning, again we always have the same chance to absorb which is unkown, and if it procs on a 1000 hit, with 0% of the bonus i will aborb 0%, with 5% of the bonus i will deal 1050 damage and absorb 50hp.

If you follow the wording of the bonus on the item then 3) should be the case but i have never seen such damage flactuations while hitting metins.

If you follow the Bonus Panel wording then you should always Absorb HP with every hit which doesn't seem to be the case.

So i am asking from a member of the staff to answer here what is true about the Bonus and also fix the conflicting wording in game so we avoid confusions like this.
This will help people better plan their characters and promote clarity as this could be a rather situational bonus depending on how it is working.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

P.S. If this falls under the Suggestions Section then move it there.

Chrizz

suras bonus was working always diffrent, you got x amount of HP added for every hit while using Blade.

this HP Absorb from armour and braces has the chance ( how high this chance is is not known but you can see when it work - its red dot flyig to your character) to absorb 10% of the dmg you do.

so you do 1000 dmg you will get every couple of hits 50 HP restored.

Sxx

Could we get some info about how high is that chance and if the bonus gives more chance or more absorb% ?

Nikku738

Could we get some info about how high is that chance and if the bonus gives more chance or more absorb% ?
according to greek official wiki the chance is around once per 5-6 hits (15-20%) and the bonus gives more absorb

Sxx

Thanks for the answer.
All I want now is for the in-game bonus text to change in order to reflect the actual effect of the bonus.