What's new

Addressing the current Polymorph marble issue

DeCiMaToR

Hello everyone,

As there are more and more people getting to higher levels, the demand of polymorph marbles obviously increases. This of course is expected, and I am not here to whine about their prices just going up.
However, this recent development led to an issue of actually finding the marbles that are desirable in the first place.

1. General availability.
The past few days I checked the entire market for polys multiple times in all kingdoms, and I barely found any of the good ones, like Savage Minion or Baby Spider. So, even if I wanted to buy them, I just can't find them in the first place. And while I said I won't whine about the price, I must also add, that paying 8kk or so for one poly is not even worth in most scenarios, so even if I need them, I will not buy them and don't do what I originally planned to do, instead of buying them for such a high price.

2. Locating the existing marbles
This is the most important aspect for me.
When you search for Polymorph marbles on map1 Jinno, you usually get over 200 results. Great! So where is the problem?
The problem is, that 95% of the market exists of the same shops with the same awful polys that nobody buys, like plague man, plague swordsman etc.
The other 5% contain some of the "alright" marbles like infantryman etc., but often times way too expensive even for current standards, so the shops with those polys will also stay the same.

Scanning the entire market usually gives me 1-5, maybe when being lucky 10 marbles that are somewhat usable. And doing that can take 20-30 minutes, which is really problematic.

So, while I think there are several ways how this issue can be addressed, I would give 4 suggestions for now:

1. Improve currently bad polys.
Doesn't need much explanation, for example just buffing the atk speed of those bad polys like orc scout, many bad map2 polys or the plague swordsman etc., so they are at least usable.
Also, while at it, I might add that even though Snake Swordsman and Stone Scorpion man would be usable in terms of attack speed, they are basically unusable because hits get cancelled by other mobs, so they can only really be used when there are no mobs around.

2. Remove bad polys.
Also doesn't need much explanation. When the market isn't cluttered with 200 shops full of polys that nobody buys, it is way more comfortable to look through them. Sure, there would be more competition, as the better polys can be located more easily, but I rather pay a higher price when I don't have to spend 30 minutes looking for one.

3. Add polymorph marble filter in shop search.
This kind of exists already, as there are 4 different kinds of polymorph marbles you can search for. This concept existed on the old wom, where certain polys were grouped together, also making it easier to find certain ones. This would be a nice implementation in any case I think.

4. Crafting system
If you could craft better marbles with other crap ones, this would also help to get rid of the problem. For example, any 2-3 marbles to craft "insert medium marble here", or any 4-5 marbles to craft "insert good marble here".
But this is just a quick thought and would need to be balanced of course.

Please let me know what you think about this, and any further suggestions would also be appreciated.

BomBerciK

1. Same feelings
2. Im complaining about this to Snake a lot.

1b. I dont think its gonna happen, maybe in next wom XD

2b. Right now they removed some of them, dont really know why nobody waste 10 minutes to see which are useless aswell and delete all of them through one patch, it is how it is :rolleyes:.

3. Suggested this aswell even in private message through Snake.

4. For me much better will be when we will be able to drop marbles pieces, then do a craft on npc's for one's we are looking it doesnt need to be exactly marble but atleast create tier's of them.
Its all cool and great, most of those changes should be done from beggining, unlikely we are still using a shop researcher straight from the Cold War 1941

kamil4559

1. With improving bad polys it could be quite problematic to do, I would say it will be better to delete them from the drop.

2. +1

3. This would be game changer, because now we're wasting time looking trough trash polys

4. This could also work, but I would limit drop only for low level metins (15-45 for example) so the low levels could make some more money.

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

i do remember already forwarding some suggestions and also as you said some of you directly messaged Snake about it...so its safe to say that Game Design is aware about your desires for changes regarding this topic so there's no need to open any more threads about it i think. When and if we get some changes it will be announced in update notes.
P.S. most of the time you ask for only god marbles in the game, well same as you have good and bad drops its logic to have some good and bad poly marbles as well. Not everything can be perfect and i hope you can agree with me. Snake already removed some of the bad poly's from drop pool and in the future we will be getting new ones, so its already an improvement on this field. At the moment Snake has some other more urgent stuff to solve and not to think about poly marbles to be honest.

Regards.

BomBerciK

Hello,

i do remember already forwarding some suggestions and also as you said some of you directly messaged Snake about it...so its safe to say that Game Design is aware about your desires for changes regarding this topic so there's no need to open any more threads about it i think. When and if we get some changes it will be announced in update notes.
P.S. most of the time you ask for only god marbles in the game, well same as you have good and bad drops its logic to have some good and bad poly marbles as well. Not everything can be perfect and i hope you can agree with me. Snake already removed some of the bad poly's from drop pool and in the future we will be getting new ones, so its already an improvement on this field. At the moment Snake has some other more urgent stuff to solve and not to think about poly marbles to be honest.

Regards.
Unlikely atleast for me poly marble is more than a poly marble for warrior. As ninja pvm i cannot farm without poli. How market looks right now is bringing me to buy a SWORD? I have to exp my pet and farm with sword from mount? Deleting 10 marbles from map1/map2 from drop is a 10 minutes of job for a beginner technic. We cannot call it huge change, if all bad polys will be determined we will be able to do aplaus. Its not about good poly's and worse, its about that some of them are completly unusable. Even some of them like doesnt even deal damage like Ice Killer Whale. Be honest please...

DeCiMaToR

Hello,

Regards.
Thank you for acknowledging the issue.
And yes, of course there can be bad polys, it is just that the entire market is 95% bad ones, with tons of shops. So the proportion here is quite off, I hope you understand. :)

Rick

Add the old event where you could drop Poly Boxes, 3 tiers. I can't remember if all of them were droppable, or craftable from Tier1, like:
- To get x1 Poly Box Tier II = x2 Poly Box Tier I
- To get x1 Poly Box Tier III = x2 Poly Box Tier II
It was a cool idea, also because you can save some space and "always" have some Poly Marbles with you.
And I agree they shouldn't remove all of them. "Good poly Marbles" won't exist without the "bad ones"

Rick

Another idea (not sure if one of you mentioned it, because I read the post pretty quickly), is to make an NPC, or an event, where you can craft some Poly Marbles (specific ones), or some Poly Boxes, with upgrade materials. Staff can easily look at the numbers of items present in the market/stores/shops/chars, and decide which to pick. Either to remove an excessive amount of them and preserve a healthy market (or play with the numbers), or to simply get rid of some upgrade materials that are not used that much.
EDIT: The Poly Marble can be crafted with upgrade materials that are somehow related to its environment, like Demon's Keepsake for Demon Solder/Spearman.
EDIT2:
The idea of recycling bad Poly Marbles isn't bad. They could use it with the Event mentioned above (Poly Boxes). Indeed I would personally make a trade with an NPC (Event Helper maybe?) where you give 3 "bad poly" in exchange for a Poly Box Tier I. In this way, there is still a bit of RNG involved, and you wouldn't always get a good poly, I think it's fine because if you are not using the bad poly it doesn't matter if you get a bad one, again, in exchange.

Last edited:

Toxic

TLDR but +1 the poly marbe market is tragic atm and I've said it several times before on this forum, searching in 200 shops and having to comb through crap poly marbles is VERY annoying. Removing the crap ones from drop is a partial solution, the main issues are:
1. low drop on good poly marbles
2. the lack of possibility to directly search what poly marble we want

Zwierz

BIG+1
Please do something with the marbles, add a crafting option or alternative ways to obtain them (for example mission books for marbles).

Zwierz

Hello, I would like to refresh the topic and ask you to do something with marbles. The current situation is very bad and it is difficult to find good marble. I hope you will find some time to think about the problem.