What's new

Addressing the PvP and the Communication Issues!

Fam

Let me start off by saying that I already have about 120 hours of playtime and that the only reason I'm even making this post is that I actually care about the game and I would like to see the server succeed.

With that being said, I think the dev team should come out tell us what their plan or vision about the PvP is because as things are right now PvP is unplayable for reasons that I'm going to mention in a bit.

I would also like to mention that I understand you most likely have more pressing issues and that's why the title of the post says "addressing" and not "fixing", I think a straightforward answer about the future of the PvP is something most players are looking for. We don't expect PvP to be fixed tomorrow but knowing you guys are aware of the issues and you will fix them in the future is something a lot of players would be happy to hear.

I think it's safe to assume that the big majority of the playerbase has played metin2 in the past and they have cleared most of the PvM content the game has to offer. The game is about 15 years old so I'm guessing most of us are here because a) we have fun with our friends and b) are interested in PvP.

If PvP is going to stay as it is, you should tell us so we don't waste our time and money on a pretty mediocre server at best, sorry but it's pretty obvious that the launch of the server should have been delayed at least for another 1-2 months.

Let's get into the PvP issues.

Warrior's charge skill still fails 9/10 times, no stun no damage. I'm assuming other classes could have similar issues.
Sword hits stuck the other player in place causing range classes to be worthless.

And the biggest issue of course, being on top of your horse makes you unkillable.

The first 2 issues are pretty self-explanatory and I think you will fix them in time, the mount situation however I think it requires going more in-depth since members of the team seem to think that it's fine.

Someone posted a video on Discord of 4 players level 55-60 trying to take down 1 player level 60 who was on his horse. Big surprise, they weren't able to since he was just knocking them back.

Video: https://gyazo.com/00891e00434671581d5d2d3822dc9112

Here is the response of Montag1.png
How does Montag know if any of the players in the video were PvP chars or not? Since when not having a BM Sura or an Archer on your group means you can't kill enemy players and since when it's completely normal for 4 players to not be able to kill 1 player. I personally doubt any of the players in the video were pvp and that goes for the player who was on top of his mount as well.
4 PvM players SHOULD be able to kill 1 PvM player!

2.png

It's crazy to expect players to be able to have both PvM and PvP items when they are leveling up their first character. Something like that would be possible only if someone donated a bunch of money or played 15 hours a day and got extremely lucky with his/her changers. Keep in mind the server is less than a month old at this point.

Other players on the general chat of discord responded with mounts being an issue to which Montag replied this before he abandoned the conversation:
3.png
Metin2 was also not supposed to have changers drop from metin stones or item shop items be tradable yet here we are. This is another example of poor communication from the team. X Team member runs out of ideas of what he/she should say after shitting the bed and aborts the conversation.
I would give more examples of Team Members acting like teenagers, with poor communication skills and 0 professionalism (Not talking about Montag here, we just see different on the mount thing, other than that I think he is doing a great job on disc) but after seeing how some of them respond on the general chat I'm honestly scared of putting a target on my back and waking up a day with a ban on my account just because I pissed the wrong GM.

Going back to the horse issues tho. Most maps are filled with players, metin 2 is a pvp game so players will normally fight to keep or obtain exp/farm areas from other players. This however is impossible to do right now since we just get on top of our horses and we can't be killed. It's super frustrating and the argument "get pvp gear" is insane. I've been playing Metin2 for more than a decade, this is the first team I see someone think it's completely fine for 1 player to be able to defend against 4 players. This is not 1 PvP char vs 4 PvM chars. This is 1 Mounted char vs 4 Unmounted players. Even if an Aura Warrior is full PvP items, he can't do anything since he gets knocked back. Unless you know a way of Level 1 Charge doing 15k damage, a PvP Warrior would be useless in that situation. The same goes for Body Warriors, Spirit Strike takes time to cast, in the meantime you will get knocked back and miss your skill.

Looking at the video and thinking this is "fine" raises a bunch of questions regarding the level of understanding this individual has when it comes to the PvP aspect of Metin2 and what's the fate of the server.

The solution is simple.

Other players have suggested that a player should get dismounted as soon as they get hit. That's not right tho because getting hit doesn't mean you WANT to engage in PvP. You might be trying to run away but an archer keeps on hitting you.

So in my opinion, If the player on top of a mount damages another player (enters PvP), he/she should get instantly dismounted and have a 5 sec cd until he/she can get on top of their mount again. The 5 sec cooldown obviously refreshes every time he/she attacks someone.

It's naive to expect players to reach the max level to engage in meaningful PvP and it's also naive to expect players to be able to run around with PvP specs just a few days after the server launched. It's more naive to expect players to stick around on a 15 year old game for the PvM content. If you don't address the PvP issues players will start leaving your server and this is not a hypothesis, I know players who are already thinking of abandoning the ship if things don't improve in a few weeks.

Apologies for the super long post.

Respectfully,

Fam.

Last edited:

Leka

I really hope they actually do something about this. A solution would be if a player chooses to dismount, he no longer is able to mount if he is in any pvp action.
That means that he can choose to stay on his horse and spread disease and be annoying as ****, but if he chooses to dismount, he will get a few seconds of not being able to mount. I have seen this in many servers, and it makes pvp actually fun. I don't think it's hard to do.

I hope someone comments on this,i don't think this is in any way fun for anyone. A very simple fix like i mentioned could fix this.

Sero

As one guys that is on the Video i can say i got 30hm with a 16fks fms and 1 G Skill i do there 4-6k skill dmg and we wern‘t able to kill him so its just bullshit to say you need pvp archer or something else there was just a Pvm char without deffs which we cant kill bc of the Horse.
We already got a suggestion for the Mount Block is not about dismounting just if someone leave the horse and than got PvP dmg he must have 3-5 sec mount block that would be a very big buff for the whole PvP players

Leka

As one guys that is on the Video i can say i got 30hm with a 16fks fms and 1 G Skill i do there 4-6k skill dmg and we wern‘t able to kill him so its just bullshit to say you need pvp archer or something else there was just a Pvm char without deffs which we cant kill bc of the Horse.
We already got a suggestion for the Mount Block is not about dismounting just if someone leave the horse and than got PvP dmg he must have 3-5 sec mount block that would be a very big buff for the whole PvP players
yep that is exactly what i said and it seems very logical to have. I have even seen this on many servers. I don't know why it doesn't exist here as well

zun

i have Aura G7 an 30 Demi Human bro and Montag say "mAkE yOu pVP EQ" the guy we were fighting i killed himself alone on the ground he can only keep himself alive with this low tactic and using horses abilities

In my guild hangs more experience than Monday can imagine in metin therefore I find it very sad that on such important things no reaction comes

xSilverx

+1 My lion my bear

Toxic

Man you guys didn't play the original game and it shows
Putting any kind of cooldown on mounting and dismounting is basically telling healers and archers they can s**k it.
In the future big pvp fights, those will be the main targets, along with mental warriors. You cannot put a cooldown on mount/dismount if you deal damage/take damage, what if some shaman gave you reflexion and the reflexion bounces back some of the damage you take to your attacker? It's just dumb.
As much as you don't want to believe it, Montag is right: not having pvp items is the reason why you can't kill other pvm chars, even if you are also pvm and 4 people against 1.
WoM is the type of server where every little % of a bonus matters.
Even 10-30hh will make a huge difference.
Do bother to slowly put some pvp items on your characters. They don't have to be perfect, or +9, or any good actually. Just adding some half-human is more than enough.
Try it and report back when I'm right.

Fam

Putting any kind of cooldown on mounting and dismounting is basically telling healers and archers they can s**k it.
In the future big pvp fights, those will be the main targets, along with mental warriors. You cannot put a cooldown on mount/dismount if you deal damage/take damage, what if some shaman gave you reflexion and the reflexion bounces back some of the damage you take to your attacker? It's just dumb.
As much as you don't want to believe it, Montag is right: not having pvp items is the reason why you can't kill other pvm chars, even if you are also pvm and 4 people against 1.
Do bother to slowly put some pvp items on your characters. They don't have to be perfect, or +9, or any good actually. Just adding some half-human is more than enough.
Imagine being so delusional.

I played Metin2 as soon as it was available in my country and that was about 11-13 years ago.

I also have 30 Demi-Human and until yesterday I also had PvP fms with +4 stones against warrior and sura. I ended up selling it because PvP is unplayable.

Both Healers and Archers have speed from their skills so they can outrun every single class. Are you sure we are the ones who didn't play the original game?

Reactions: zun

Sero

Stop to fucking speak about 2008 metin wtf wrong with you guys of course we play oldschool but that doens‘t mean we are still in 2008 i dont play pvp for big events i want play PvP everyday idk how someone can be against this

Edit: at the end people cry bc they love to hit and run away with horse but i apply for the smartniss of the team to see the problem not told us we have no dmg if we fight 4vs1 where 2 people have g skills and 30-40 hm

Toxic

Imagine being so delusional.

I played Metin2 as soon as it was available in my country and that was about 11-13 years ago.

I also have 30 Demi-Human and until yesterday I also had PvP fms with +4 stones against warrior and sura. I ended up selling it because PvP is unplayable.

Both Healers and Archers have speed from their skills so they can outrun every single class. Are you sure we are the ones who didn't play the original game?
You're not worth replying to as your post isn't either, but you're funny, so here goes.

For your info, since you can't understand basic english, I meant the original WoM, not the crap the company that shall not be named made.

You said before you didn't have pvp, now you had pvp and you sold it.

Curate your story better before doing a pointless post. The staff has other priorities and more pressing things to fix/change.

Also, not having alchemy implemented is the main reason why any kind of pvp fighting for now is pointless.

P.S: stop being so pressed and aggressive, it's embarrassing.
Toodles

zun

With your statement I already notice that you have 0.0% knowledge of this game if you have so much knowledge you would also know that reflecting buggt and blessing cancels... test it but times. Alone that you claim one would never have played the "original" I find more than cheeky because the server came online several years ago and 0.0% is contemporary as your statements. Find a person who teaches you the game first time

Fam

You're not worth replying to as your post isn't either, but you're funny, so here goes.

For your info, since you can't understand basic english, I meant the original WoM, not the crap the company that shall not be named made.

Curate your story better before doing a pointless post. The staff has other priorities and more pressing things to fix/change.

Also, not having alchemy implemented is the main reason why any kind of pvp fighting for now is pointless.

Toodles

I'm the one who can't understand basic English? Honey, you said "original game". Sorry to disappoint you but the game we are playing is Metin2. If you meant the original WoM server you should have said the "original wom server".

Moving on,

Please go to the original post and show where I said I have no PvP.

When you realize I was talking about the players in the video and not myself, stop typing and go on with your day. I won't be responding to you next idiotic reply anyways.

More like, StupidGirl.

Sero

Toodles
That you rly shouldn‘t write it was cleary while you say PvP is pointless because of no alchemy you can play your farmsimulation but stop trolling the guys who want make PvP with your dumb opinion

Toxic

I love pressed noobs, keep it up! 💕
On a more serious note if me disagreeing with you both makes me a "stupid girl" and a troll, then maybe you should check your fragile masculinity XD

Aubury

The only PvP encounters that truly matter are Dojang, Nation War and Guild Tournament. You can't use mounts there by default, so you could say archers and healers are on the losing side there by default, which is more often not the case. They are very capable when put in a mount-free environment, provided both parties are adequately equipped to battle each other.

Loco

PvP on WoM2 has always been focused on longer battles instead of bursting eachother down. This makes PvP in Tournaments, Dojang and other Events a lot more interesting (in my opinion). A natural downside of this however is that as soon as you engage in PvP anywhere outside of events fights are not deadly and you will end up having problems killing eachother. Its hard to find a solution to this problem without potentially ruining all PvP Events.
Maybe something like slower healing through potions when getting hit by a player when mounted could be a solution but its not something easy to implement and has a lot of potential of bugs as it depends on many conditions to be met.

Rainer Wahnsinn

Please do not change anything. Everyone here should have enough time to waste 3 hours of their life every day with 35er farmer that keep you from playing. Thats real oldschool baby.

Sensation

the range of wariors on horse should be as others classes too, it seems that they have a better range and they can hit ,block you or throw you without you being able to hit them

Zezerino

Let me start off by saying that I already have about 120 hours of playtime and that the only reason I'm even making this post is that I actually care about the game and I would like to see the server succeed.

With that being said, I think the dev team should come out tell us what their plan or vision about the PvP is because as things are right now PvP is unplayable for reasons that I'm going to mention in a bit.

I would also like to mention that I understand you most likely have more pressing issues and that's why the title of the post says "addressing" and not "fixing", I think a straightforward answer about the future of the PvP is something most players are looking for. We don't expect PvP to be fixed tomorrow but knowing you guys are aware of the issues and you will fix them in the future is something a lot of players would be happy to hear.

I think it's safe to assume that the big majority of the playerbase has played metin2 in the past and they have cleared most of the PvM content the game has to offer. The game is about 15 years old so I'm guessing most of us are here because a) we have fun with our friends and b) are interested in PvP.

If PvP is going to stay as it is, you should tell us so we don't waste our time and money on a pretty mediocre server at best, sorry but it's pretty obvious that the launch of the server should have been delayed at least for another 1-2 months.

Let's get into the PvP issues.

Warrior's charge skill still fails 9/10 times, no stun no damage. I'm assuming other classes could have similar issues.
Sword hits stuck the other player in place causing range classes to be worthless.

And the biggest issue of course, being on top of your horse makes you unkillable.

The first 2 issues are pretty self-explanatory and I think you will fix them in time, the mount situation however I think it requires going more in-depth since members of the team seem to think that it's fine.

Someone posted a video on Discord of 4 players level 55-60 trying to take down 1 player level 60 who was on his horse. Big surprise, they weren't able to since he was just knocking them back.

Video: https://gyazo.com/00891e00434671581d5d2d3822dc9112

Here is the response of MontagView attachment 374
How does Montag know if any of the players in the video were PvP chars or not? Since when not having a BM Sura or an Archer on your group means you can't kill enemy players and since when it's completely normal for 4 players to not be able to kill 1 player. I personally doubt any of the players in the video were pvp and that goes for the player who was on top of his mount as well.
4 PvM players SHOULD be able to kill 1 PvM player!

View attachment 375

It's crazy to expect players to be able to have both PvM and PvP items when they are leveling up their first character. Something like that would be possible only if someone donated a bunch of money or played 15 hours a day and got extremely lucky with his/her changers. Keep in mind the server is less than a month old at this point.

Other players on the general chat of discord responded with mounts being an issue to which Montag replied this before he abandoned the conversation:
View attachment 377
Metin2 was also not supposed to have changers drop from metin stones or item shop items be tradable yet here we are. This is another example of poor communication from the team. X Team member runs out of ideas of what he/she should say after shitting the bed and aborts the conversation.
I would give more examples of Team Members acting like teenagers, with poor communication skills and 0 professionalism (Not talking about Montag here, we just see different on the mount thing, other than that I think he is doing a great job on disc) but after seeing how some of them respond on the general chat I'm honestly scared of putting a target on my back and waking up a day with a ban on my account just because I pissed the wrong GM.

Going back to the horse issues tho. Most maps are filled with players, metin 2 is a pvp game so players will normally fight to keep or obtain exp/farm areas from other players. This however is impossible to do right now since we just get on top of our horses and we can't be killed. It's super frustrating and the argument "get pvp gear" is insane. I've been playing Metin2 for more than a decade, this is the first team I see someone think it's completely fine for 1 player to be able to defend against 4 players. This is not 1 PvP char vs 4 PvM chars. This is 1 Mounted char vs 4 Unmounted players. Even if an Aura Warrior is full PvP items, he can't do anything since he gets knocked back. Unless you know a way of Level 1 Charge doing 15k damage, a PvP Warrior would be useless in that situation. The same goes for Body Warriors, Spirit Strike takes time to cast, in the meantime you will get knocked back and miss your skill.

Looking at the video and thinking this is "fine" raises a bunch of questions regarding the level of understanding this individual has when it comes to the PvP aspect of Metin2 and what's the fate of the server.

The solution is simple.

Other players have suggested that a player should get dismounted as soon as they get hit. That's not right tho because getting hit doesn't mean you WANT to engage in PvP. You might be trying to run away but an archer keeps on hitting you.

So in my opinion, If the player on top of a mount damages another player (enters PvP), he/she should get instantly dismounted and have a 5 sec cd until he/she can get on top of their mount again. The 5 sec cooldown obviously refreshes every time he/she attacks someone.

It's naive to expect players to reach the max level to engage in meaningful PvP and it's also naive to expect players to be able to run around with PvP specs just a few days after the server launched. It's more naive to expect players to stick around on a 15 year old game for the PvM content. If you don't address the PvP issues players will start leaving your server and this is not a hypothesis, I know players who are already thinking of abandoning the ship if things don't improve in a few weeks.

Apologies for the super long post.

Respectfully,

Fam.

The best part is that I was in that fight too, I am from red kingdom and I saw this fiesta and wanted to join.... As a BM I had like 30 demi, okayish pvp fms and he kept standing and running around, then all of a sudden comes back auto attack me from horse and instant death because we get stuck everytime for no reason.
Doesnt matter how much pvp you have right now, everyone has insane HP and without proper skills and full demi you cannot kill anyone, you simply do not do enough damage