What's new

Bring back the old Wom2 fishing system.

Incessant

Hey I would like to suggest you to bring back the old Wom2 fishing system.
The new system which involves that mini game is frustrating and boring. Back then a lot of people (including me) were only fishing because we could socialize and have fun with other people who were also fishing. Now with that mini game in the middle of the screen you will not be able to talk to other people anymore, only if you stop fishing.

Incessant

Most probably it won't happen but I support your idea.
Indeed, this system kills the fun, could be used for events not for casual fishing.
I don't see why they wouldn't bring back the old system. If they implemented this thinking that it's gonna prevent fishing bots, they are wrong. Fishbots work just fine with the new system.
the new one is way better how you can say its boring but the old one clicking space isnt? 🤦
I am with you bro, the new system is much more a "mini-game".
Look, pressing Space every now and then WHILE talking to other people in chat is fun. Yes, clicking space when you are the only one fishing is boring, but when there are 15 other people fishing near you and you can't joke or do small talk with them because the mini game is always on your screen is NOT fun. It just looks like a bunch of bots fishing, no one is saying anything. I've seen this on other servers, it kills 90% of the fun in fishing.

ehpoR

you can also talk with others on chat playing the minigame I don't see the problem, you use only mouse to play it? [we don't even have the oportuniny to test it yet, so wait till 31st ^_^]

btw even when I go fishing, I never talk with others, for me social in metin2 is dead since ~ 2012/13 and here they are trying to recreate it with the languages and who knows maybe anything else?

Incessant

you can also talk with others on chat playing the minigame I don't see the problem, you use only mouse to play it? [we don't even have the oportuniny to test it yet, so wait till 31st ^_^]
It's much more difficult and annoying. Trust me, I've been on a very high population server that had this new fishing system and there were at least 20 people fishing but NO ONE was talking. I wonder why..

Pachol

New system isn't boring but that's not the point. Fishing, same as mining is about chilling and chatting, if you go on tryhard mode you'll do it on multiaccounts and ignore everyone. Also, with this system is it even possible to Fish on multi chars? If not, will it be profitable enough to do it on one char? If it is, it is not too dangerous for the market due to fishbots?

ehpoR

Come back here after opening we don't know how it will looks like ^_^
btw you can't make the game more social its 2023 not 2010 wake up we grow

Toxic

Look, pressing Space every now and then WHILE talking to other people in chat is fun. Yes, clicking space when you are the only one fishing is boring, but when there are 15 other people fishing near you and you can't joke or do small talk with them because the mini game is always on your screen is NOT fun. It just looks like a bunch of bots fishing, no one is saying anything. I've seen this on other servers, it kills 90% of the fun in fishing.
That's the exact argument I made on discord, they think it will solve all of the fishbot problems even tho they most certainly won't.
The only 2 things that will happen will be that:
1) clam and pearls prices will be ridiculous
2) fishing won't be a social event anymore (I'm lonely, I want to chat while fishing, ok?)😞

I really wish we'd get the original system back, there's no fun in clicking on a fish 3 times and praying you catch something, it was funnier when you could bully your guild mates for failing their fishing rod at +15 and for being so bad at fishing they couldn't catch a damn crucian carp

Zezerino

Is social fishing even a thing?
I do believe the mini game would solve the fish bot issues and avoid alot of inflation on the game, maybe if they just make the mini game with chat open everyone would be happy?

Toxic

Is social fishing even a thing?
I do believe the mini game would solve the fish bot issues and avoid alot of inflation on the game, maybe if they just make the mini game with chat open everyone would be happy?
Yes I think it still is, even more so for a new server and low level players sitting and chilling at the fisherman.

Yamamoto

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see why they wouldn't bring back the old system. If they implemented this thinking that it's gonna prevent fishing bots, they are wrong. Fishbots work just fine with the new system.

I will believe your claim that fishbotting is just as easy when I see it.

Incessant

I will believe your claim that fishbotting is just as easy when I see it.
Am I allowed to give cheat names here? Because there are at least 2 that are confirmed to be working on a new system. Don't believe me? I'll PM you the cheat name, you buy it then try it on a server with the new system :) Btw, there's new cheats that use screen pixels to automate things in game and the fishing mini game can be easily passed with that, the cheat simply recognizes the fishes and automatically clicks on them
Also, how is the new fishing system old shool? I thought Wom2 was suppsoed to be like the old school official

Last edited:

Incessant

What is even worse, these cheats are hardly detectable by logs, on normal fishbot intervals are similar, with a new system it copy human moves.
Pixel cheats are impossible to be detected since they don't really inject anything in the game, they simply emulate human behaviour and press certain keys or elements on the screen (you can train it to recognize metin stones, fish from the mini game etc).
They should bring back the old system but add some twists that will make it harder to fishbot but not impossible to socialize with other people who are fishing.

redd

"I can't fish half asleep/can't bot" is all I can read from OP's post. Any translations?