What's new

Cosmetics Itemshop section [Costumes rant]

Toxic

This is an open letter to Snake at this point

At the start of the server it was said that the cosmetics section of the itemshop would get different costumes and hairstyles on rotation and that the server will mostly function with a cosmetics-only itemshop. While we do get plenty of costumes now because of events, I've noticed that this Cosmetics section gets forgotten and there are periods of time where there's no new costume set there on rotation.

Up until the battlepass was added the costume change was pretty consistent, one costume set every month or so, but after the battlepass was added this section became overlooked and there was no exact schedule for new costumes to be added. I am aware not every new costume will be added and not every costume that's out there fits the WoM vibe, but there are plenty of OG WoM costumes that you guys in theory have - ergo, they're present in K, but have not added.

That being said, I don't understand why I have to beg for the same thing for almost a year now and get left on read. Yes I know costumes are not a priority for Snake, he has more important things to think about and add, but still, I hope we'll have a consistent Cosmetics section in the Itemshop again.

Getting to my suggestion, please think about a rotation cycle for your Cosmetics section - to always have some costumes there, changing every X weeks. And my second suggestion would be to add the stuff from the OG WoM that we can see in K right now:

• Fox Mask
  • Lovers Suit
  • Boxing Outfit
  • Black Snake Hairstyle and Costume
  • Headdress
  • Dark Headdress

Other cosmetics I believe should've been added and should be added:
  • Razador set - now, when the Blazing Purgatory dungeon was released.
  • Nemere set - when Nemere's Watchtower will be released.
  • The black version of the Silver Claw Armor - you added both black and white penumbral sets in the battlepass, as we know the Silver Claw set was a reward from the first battlepass which was pretty hard to do. The black version would be nice for people that didn't do that first battlepass or that didn't play during that time.
  • The red dragon mount - When the Red Dragon Worldboss was added.
  • Anything that includes bunnies now, for easter.

Last edited:

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
Hello!
Well well, i am not Snake but i'll give it a try 🙃
So...

-Team decided to make more costumes available through gameplay in an attempt to make the game less pay-to-win and to give access to players who can complete the BP to some unique costumes to symbolize the completion of each month's BP. Actually even on old WoM it was also a thing, you could obtain some costume from in game and some were only from mall and both versions always had some decent value if i recall correctly.

-Most costumes are currently viewed and traded as luxury items and therefore managing their rotation must be done carefully in order not to destabilize their value. The costumes that make a comeback in the Item Mall are the ones with the lowest density on the server at the moment in order to give players another chance to source them.

-Certain downtimes may appear in the cosmetic section of the item mall usually during or before events as those also bring seasonal costumes with them.

-Team is aware of the availability of numerous OG costumes and will slowly make sure they have a comeback, however, that cannot be done at once and we are counting on the community's patience in order to allow us to handle this process in the best way possible.

Thank you for your suggestion and examples given.

Cheers!

Toxic

Most costumes are currently viewed and traded as luxury items
Hi Asteria. All of your points are very valid, I just wanted to state that some costumes can contribute to the vibe Snake is trying very hard to create with the whole chapter setting. Like the razador set would've been so good right now as the dungeon hit live :)

Full transparency, I am a costume collector like many others :ROFLMAO: So the cosmetics section is my favorite part of the itemshop