What's new

Deceit Farming - Pure Yang, Pet EXP, Good Drops - Sounds impossible, right? It's not.

D

Deleted member 808

Many of you will now ask - but what are Deceits?
The Metin of Deceit is, alongside Metin of Pride, exclusive to the WoM concept.
They are lv. 60 metins and can be found only in Snakefield (in the desert area).
deceit-metin2-removebg-preview.png
I was waiting for more people, specifically old WoM veterans to come through and showcase the benefits of these Deceit metins, namely:
They're probably one of the best sources of pure yang in the game.
They give decent PET experience even after your pet gets to lv. 80.
They have decent drop rates regarding Bonus Changers and Soul Stones.

They are also quite challenging and not many even consider farming them.

What you have to understand before reading on is that farming Metins of Deceit will not be a point, click, auto attack, ALT+TAB and return when your metin is killed job, despite it being a lv. 60 metin. I've seen all types of players succumb to them - even day 1 players with fully upgraded and evolved pet and obviously, nice gear.
Farming them is, however, not impossible!
Let's see what it takes, but most importantly what it gives to farm Metins of Deceit.

Let's start with the goodies!
deceit-metin.jpg
1. Pure Yang - farming these metins with IM Yang Boost, Gold Coin, and only 20% Yang on items (in my case) can net you over 300k-400k in Pure Yang per metin. I'm the slow type and average 40-45 seconds per metin, but even then one hour of farming nets me a total of 12kk Pure Yang. For someone with impeccable gear and evolved pet (and a free map, of course), as well as with full Yang equip, this sum will increase. It might not seem much, but given it's pretty much passive Yang, would you say no?

2. At pet lv. 83 (character lv. 50), with only a Normal Experience Ring Equipped and IM EXP, one Metin of Deceit still awards me around .90% - 1% experience. You'll need about 100 metins per level up until lv. 85 (after lv. 75), most likely, when the EXP cap shifts drastically again. Back at pet lv. 70, with Experience Ring and a secret item I'll tell you more shortly, I would get even close to 10% pet EXP per metin. Obviously, it's not the fastest at higher levels, but you can get pet lv. 85 while farming metins (aka not sacrificing profit to farm SD3 like a madman).

3. This aspect is subjective, but personally I've been treated very well by Metins of Deceit. I dropped the most Soul Stones from them, as well as many changers. It could have been more, but I'm still slow at doing them (no evolved pet and skills). But let's not forget weapons drop - 2 inventories of weapons dropped by Deceit metins usually sells for 750-820k-ish.

4. Last but not least, these metins are challenging. Two Cruel Outlaw spawns and you'll be spamming your horse skills. They require investment, but they also give things in return, mainly in the form of pet EXP and Pure Yang.

What do you need to survive and kill Metins of Deceit?
metin-deceit3.jpg

There are multiple checkpoints that you have to pass in order to start farming these metins comfortably - as in don't run at every 10% of metin HP. The main checkpoints are Arrow Resistance and Block Chance. You don't need much of the latter, but Arrow Resistance is vital as the archers spawned by this metin pack a punch.
Here are my current stats, which allow me to run a maximum of 1-2 times, but mostly never:
12k HP
459 DEF (on horse)
52 total AVG
49 Arrow Defence
5 HP Steal
16 Block
5 Melee Absorb

To this I add G1 Blessing Spell (at 135 INT, it gives me 42.6% Physical Resistance as a Dragon Shaman main).
In short, if you're a Warrior, Sura, or a Healer Shaman, you'll need either perfect equip or high-G Blessing.

Of course, I do rely on several pushes -
G9 Nature Enchantment (at 134 Int > 6.27% DMG and 90 AV), 50 AV on Armor, as well as 10 Attack Value from Medal of the Ancient Hero.
The
Medal of the Ancient Hero is one of our secret items, as it also offers 15% more Experience gain, being a big help when leveling up your pet (and avoiding the use of Pet EXP Rings).

Obviously, the more Attack Power, Crit, and Pierce the better. You'll just have to keep upgrading your items, not forgetting about HP and DEF overall.
There are no (that I know of) resistances and versus bonuses that work on the mobs spawned by Metins of Deceit

Another sweet boost is the Witcher's Coin - it provides 2 INT, but most importantly 10% more Yang for 30 minutes. A full Yang set will be and feel glorious farming these metins.

How do you farm Metins of Deceit?
snakefieldmap.jpg
Red represents the main route and you can start at X and end at O (or backwards).
On the right side, the Orange route makes a loop as there's sometimes a metin on it. You can just start at X, end at O, switch channel, and reverse the route.
On the left side, there is usually a metin mid through the Orange route. The route there is a perfect loop, easy to do.

Keep in mind that the Blue spots represent metin spawn points, but shared spawn points nonetheless. Usually, on the right side route you will find around 5 metins, while on the left side you will find around 4 metins (on average). I'd classify their respawn time as moderate to fast.

Bob

I actually farmed them ALOT on old wom2 around 2016, I remember I was so proud when I was finally able to tank them . I actually got my pet to a 100 on these metins (yes, that is a lot of time spent)

I preferred them aswell 2 months ago when snow map and dark temple were heavily overpopulated, the side where the golems are is really quiet because you have to deal with those golems aswell, I would just lure them away and then tp to my buffer.
Good guide , brings back memories

Anastasiya

Game Master
Staff member
Game Master
I love it when players make a guide, but I love it even more when players prove that it is pretty much possible to farm with a shaman! Thank you for your precious guide ♥️

Essential

Tetsu is a real treasure for this server in terms of guides. Hope your work will be appreciate well one day, maybe same as promoters! Keep up. (y)

eVo

Did they change the amount of gold per metin? Tried one and dropped 5k gold with lvl 54.

MrBlackmore

Did they change the amount of gold per metin? Tried one and dropped 5k gold with lvl 54.
Yes i think they did, i'm gettin 40k pure yang with 0% yang drop at level 52, bought a lucky gold coin 1h (100% yang drop) and i'm getting 80k

Cyron

Can someone with experience reply? Is it true? The autor tells us he made 300-400k in pure Yang per Metin Stone. Was there a change?

MrBlackmore

Can someone with experience reply? Is it true? The autor tells us he made 300-400k in pure Yang per Metin Stone. Was there a change?
After today's update i'm gettin about 160-200k pure yang per metin with lucky gold coin IM only, so it would be like 80-100k per metin, the average would be a little bit higher since u can get an additional 40-45k yang if the mobs drop them on the ground (20-25k with 0% yang drop)

MrBlackmore

I average 250k per, but thats without any yang bonus items.
Hi dude! you told me that in game as well, the only thing i can think of: some mobs dropp all of their items once you get to level 58, so something similar might happen with yang drop since you are 60 and i'm 54. Just a hypotesis tho

eVo

I just tried it again with lvl 58. I got an average of 70 k from 10 stones with the 1h lucky gold coin and 20% drop in equipment.
The only possibility I can think of is that the Lucky Gold Coin (IM) somehow has a multiplicative effect and therefore more than doubles the Yang drop. Otherwise I can't imagine how you get 250k+ each stone.

Edit: nevermind. With lucky gold coin (IM) i get around 250k each stone.
But % Yang on items is scaling with the lucky gold coins, i think.
I did 15 stones with +20 % and without any % yang drop. The difference in average was just 1.4 %.

Last edited: