What's new

Evasion from DEX not working properly

Ursanu

Levelling up the DEX status gives me points in evading, but that evading doesn't seem to work at all. On official servers, and other private servers, it gives the chance to block physical attacks, but here, it doesn't.
Below, I have recorded some examples of it not working on melee hits, and on arrows.
  • - Melee
  • - Arrows (the attacks are delayed because of server lag, but still, every arrow hits)
As you can see in those videos, there wasn't even one miss, even though, in theory, I should have dodged 20% of something. I might be wrong about evasion and it's benefits, but if I am right, and it is supposed to give the chance to avoid or block something, then it must be fixed. I know evasion doesn't have anything to do with arrows, but I still tried it.
I will also test if evasion works in PVP, but still, it should have an effect on PVM. (BTW I created that character just to show my point)

Last edited:

Ursanu

Continuing on what I wrote above, I tested the evasion flaw in PVP (I forgor I have a 90 DEX character ☠️) and even in PVP combat it doesn't work...
Here is the proof:

ehpoR

You don't know what are you talking about. On official, dex and this 'evading' give you more def (not [defence], but you get less dmg from mobs, same way as on horse (because horse increase stats)). This does not give physical block kekw.. crazy funny here where unexperienced people talk

Have a nice evening,
best regards, your Vue.

Ursanu

You don't know what are you talking about. On official, dex and this 'evading' give you more def (not [defence], but you get less dmg from mobs, same way as on horse (because horse increase stats)). This does not give physical block kekw.. crazy funny here where unexperienced people talk

Have a nice evening,
best regards, your Vue.
Thanks for wishing me a nice evening, but, I must disagree with what you said above.
This is translated from the german and romanian official wiki (the same information), maybe turkish and polish too.1686257431034.png

Grafic_Dex.png

And, if you are talking about the graph above in terms of your idea evasion and it's defence, I respond by quoting the wiki: "DEX was found not to reduce damage by increasing dodge, but in some other way independent of it.".
So, yes, DEX makes you take less damage (here comes the fun part), in addition to that extra dodge.
From my own experience, it does seem to be that way.

Nikku738

I have read on another wiki that dex gives attack value and damage reduction , not evasion or block. I havent tested it myself though.

ehpoR

Thanks for wishing me a nice evening, but, I must disagree with what you said above.
This is translated from the german and romanian official wiki (the same information), maybe turkish and polish too.View attachment 735

Grafic_Dex.png

And, if you are talking about the graph above in terms of your idea evasion and it's defence, I respond by quoting the wiki: "DEX was found not to reduce damage by increasing dodge, but in some other way independent of it.".
So, yes, DEX makes you take less damage (here comes the fun part), in addition to that extra dodge.
From my own experience, it does seem to be that way.
It was never like you trying to tell us... block chance or arrow dodge from dex XD no coke please, have you played metin2 for more than few days? Even now i tried it on official the same way you did in video, 0% avoid 0% block chance with 90 dex

wiki is not always trustworthy source of information

Last edited:

Chrizz

back then im 100% sure dex raised the evasion statt ( and some other things), and you got more often "miss" from players and from Mobs.

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
I have read on another wiki that dex gives attack value and damage reduction , not evasion or block. I havent tested it myself though.
Hello,

as Nokku738 said its like that, even on official wiki there was a description of each character stat, what it exactly gives and whatnot. Not sure if in english version or i read it on some other but i am sure you can find that page if you type in some keywords that match this page and inform yourself about it.

Cheers! 👊

Ursanu

Hello,

as Nokku738 said its like that, even on official wiki there was a description of each character stat, what it exactly gives and whatnot. Not sure if in english version or i read it on some other but i am sure you can find that page if you type in some keywords that match this page and inform yourself about it.

Cheers! 👊
That's exactly the point I'm trying to make: on the official wikis, they say that every third point in DEX increases the dodge value by one point, and that's along the resistance to damage (which I think works correctly).
All the information in my original two comments up above is taken from multiple official wikis (taken from the status page, which describes each stat), and not only that, even in those official servers the dodge mechanic works correctly and you get "misses".
To give the readers an anecdote which maybe all can relate to, from other servers, even officials: remember when you're trying to hit a ninja with melee hits, and you keep missing, even though he's under level 55 so he can't have much block. That's because he maxed out the DEX status, which gives him evasion. Here, it isn't like that.

Last edited:

ehpoR

That's exactly the point I'm trying to make: on the official wikis, they say that every third point in DEX increases the dodge value by one point, and that's along the resistance to damage (which I think works correctly).
All the information in my original two comments up above is taken from multiple official wikis (taken from the status page, which describes each stat), and not only that, even in those official servers the dodge mechanic works correctly and you get "misses".
To give the readers an anecdote which, maybe all can relate to: remember when you're trying to hit a ninja with melee hits, and you keep missing, even though he's under level 55 so he can't have much block. That's because he maxed out the DEX status, which gives him evasion.
you still lying, you dont get miss with maxed dex on official bro

Ursanu

bro i just logged in yesterday to test it are you serious? xdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
idk you played another metin i can see, nevermind.
Let's say that your test was valid, but it might have been valid because the server you tested on doesn't have the evasion bonus from DEX. I know some servers do not give you the evasion bonus from DEX, and you can clearly see that they have modified how DEX works because the points in evasion are not to be found when you level up DEX. A community that has 7000 and 5000 players online on each server respectively at this moment in time doesn't have the evasion function from DEX, and that's because it's a newschool server.
But on WoM2, you get evasion points when leveling DEX, so that's not the case.

shizue

Levelling up the DEX status gives me points in evading, but that evading doesn't seem to work at all. On official servers, and other private servers, it gives the chance to block physical attacks, but here, it doesn't.
Below, I have recorded some examples of it not working on melee hits, and on arrows.
  • - Melee
  • - Arrows (the attacks are delayed because of server lag, but still, every arrow hits)
As you can see in those videos, there wasn't even one miss, even though, in theory, I should have dodged 20% of something. I might be wrong about evasion and it's benefits, but if I am right, and it is supposed to give the chance to avoid or block something, then it must be fixed. I know evasion doesn't have anything to do with arrows, but I still tried it.
I will also test if evasion works in PVP, but still, it should have an effect on PVM. (BTW I created that character just to show my point)
Sry but u are delusional i don't know what pokemon servers u played. Dex never gave block chance on any official metin 2

OctavM

Dex shoud give evasion I remember the same back in 2011 on metin2 uk official, it increased the chance for enemy to miss

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
Hello!

I think it just simply doesnt provide, its probably calculated differently. However, oldshool doesn't mean its exactly the same as on any other server back in stone age Ursanu.

Regards.