What's new

Fishing system rework

sHoLDoo

Right now there's only a hand full of people that do fishing "as a living" because it's a real waste of time and not profitable at all since there are so many other ways to farm. People only do fishing to complete the monthly batteplass mission. To compare the amount of cash u get from it, just running around in Hwang Temple / Seungryong Valley, hell, even map2, would grant a higher profit than fishing. The (1 hour) fishing book itself is a big disappointment.

At the moment there's a 26% chance of catching a fish, (from which a 15.38% chance it's a Lucy's Ring / Escapee's Cape / Sage King's Symbol/Glove and a 23.07% chance it's a minnow). Without the book, it's 18%, (from which a 27.7% chance of it being a minnow and no other consumables).

These tests were ran using a +7 fishing pole, Item Shop fishing manual and in game (1 hour) fishing book, and the math was done in MathCAD to prevent any type of error.

It's been months since you said "fishing will get some love" but nothing changed which is quite sad for people that used to do this for both fun and profit..

Toxic

+1 and this "hackproof" that's not hackproof at all system makes it less fun too

BuxXxnA

Maybe bring the old fishing system,it was much fun as well,with that one u could farm on one window and fish on 2nd while you can't do that with this one and u spend most the time clicking which gets boring after some time

Snake

Game Designer
Staff member
Game Designer
Morning guys,

Next year plans include some fishing action in the mix, among other things. Exciting news – fishing is becoming part of a broader system covering various in-game activities. It's a bit of a journey, though. Even once the fishing part is sorted, there's more to do before it's ready for release. Unfortunately, no plans to revive the old waiting-for-seconds fishing style. I get it, that minigame isn't everyone's favorite, but it's a solid choice against scripts and hacks. Too many bots fishing would be a headache to manage, impacting resources and the market.

I'm keeping this thread open to hear your ideas on fishing updates and activities. I've got some concepts brewing, like unique points of interest with different fish and difficulty levels. Plus, I want fishing to have a bit of a story and some exciting new twists, rather than just being a standard minigame. Your thoughts and suggestions are more than welcome!

Have a great day,
Snake!

gigel

Morning guys,

Next year plans include some fishing action in the mix, among other things. Exciting news – fishing is becoming part of a broader system covering various in-game activities. It's a bit of a journey, though. Even once the fishing part is sorted, there's more to do before it's ready for release. Unfortunately, no plans to revive the old waiting-for-seconds fishing style. I get it, that minigame isn't everyone's favorite, but it's a solid choice against scripts and hacks. Too many bots fishing would be a headache to manage, impacting resources and the market.

I'm keeping this thread open to hear your ideas on fishing updates and activities. I've got some concepts brewing, like unique points of interest with different fish and difficulty levels. Plus, I want fishing to have a bit of a story and some exciting new twists, rather than just being a standard minigame. Your thoughts and suggestions are more than welcome!

Have a great day,
Snake!

with some minor knowledge u can do a script with image recognition in python that just auto fishes for you. How do I know? Well, mostly cuz i did it in my spare time as a fun project. You can even set the confidence level down so that u actually "miss" a few times to make it way less noticeable. Add a time.sleep random function between actions to mimic player behaviour and u can make it even more harder to detect and there you go.

im using it for weeks on GF servers for jigsaw. It works on wom too and I really doubt the wom anticheat is better than GF one

Last edited:

Spiegeltot

Morning guys,

Have a great day,
Snake!
One question. You wont make the high level fishing rods useless right? I would like to level my rod to high level to be prepared for the new System but I am kinda scared that there could be a system, that makes the previous rods useless

Spiegeltot

Morning guys,

Have a great day,
Snake!
I have some interesting ideas that could enhance the fishing experience. How about introducing specific maps for fishing, accessible only with certain rod levels like 5, 10, 15, and 20? Another suggestion is the implementation of a fishing skill system, granting access to these special maps based on skill level. Additionally, it would be great to incorporate realistic mechanics into fishing, making the difficulty level correspond to the rarity of the fish. This way, players would need considerable skill to catch expensive or rare fish, encouraging dedicated anglers to excel. This approach would discourage wealthy players from simply purchasing a high-level rod without investing time or effort in fishing, ensuring that those who genuinely enjoy the activity are the ones reaping the rewards.

Spiegeltot

with some minor knowledge u can do a script with image recognition in python that just auto fishes for you. How do I know? Well, mostly cuz i did it in my spare time as a fun project. You can even set the confidence level down so that u actually "miss" a few times to make it way less noticeable. Add a time.sleep random function between actions to mimic player behaviour and u can make it even more harder to detect and there you go.

im using it for weeks on GF servers for jigsaw. It works on wom too and I really doubt the wom anticheat is better than GF one
There should be easy fixes to that problem. I also noticed that people are easily able to create an ai that recognizes images and can create "human"-like actions, but normally if you put some good afford into anti cheat this should be not hard at all to track.

OaieX

Maybe just change the minigame to something less clicky ? The fish output seems to be higher than with the old system, but honestly it s so so boring and annoying. You could add a system based of the old fishing but idk, different. I doubt anyone would fry their brains making hacks only for WOM as rmt is fortunately not a part of this server

Acorn

Just make the fishing system like the bot system check "Click all squares with fish on it" and we're all good, fishing system saved 😆.

In all honesty though, fishing does need some love, it is absolutely useless at the moment to fish unless you have nothing better to do, it's a massive waste of time.

lilrock

Morning guys,

Have a great day,
Snake!
Why not keeping the mini game that we understand is the shield against scripts and fish bots, but instead of it choosing our loot, it unlocks the old fishing system we had. Only then, the player base gets the old system, and the hackers wont be able to use bots.

Last edited:

Slobozel123

Morning guys,

Have a great day,
Snake!
nobody like the minigame just bring back the old fishing system so i can watch hentai and fish on 2 acc

Snake

Game Designer
Staff member
Game Designer
Unfortunately the minigame will stay in all situations. It is the "safest" bet against scripts/hacks, specially with the addition of our countermeasures.

Toxic

Unfortunately the minigame will stay in all situations. It is the "safest" bet against scripts/hacks, specially with the addition of our countermeasures.
Is there any way it can be made a bit more... skill based?
The thing some people miss the most from the classic system is that if you knew the seconds and counted right you could get more fish in less time, more rare fish.
I doubt there's a way to improve the possibility to do something else while also fishing like with the classic system, but maybe if your rod + or how fast you clicked on the fish or how many times you misclicked and didn't click the fish right mattered to the catch success rate maybe people would be less mad.
I'm just throwing ideas at ya at this point :D

Last edited: