What's new

Fix Assassins! (and the Jade Jewellery)

Tekno

Hear me out— I believe assassins/ninjas game are not quite balanced (in early game)..

When playing as ninja, the idea is to either max Vitality for extra health or max Dexterity for maximum damage... Once can obviously do other variations such as 2:1 or 1:2 depending on the playstyle but..

What if I told you there's barely any difference in skill damage when you compare DEX with STR 🤯.. and what's up with the Jade Jewellery..

I got myself two pairs of earrings. The first one was Ebony Earrings +9 with 3 Ebony sockets and the second one was Jade Earrings +9 with 3 Jade sockets. I unequipped everything besides the daggers, tested them on the Training Dummy and the results were slightly disappointing. I am aware the EE have 3% HH bonus but AFAIK it does not apply on the Testing Dummy.

ee.PNG
je.PNG
stats.jpgdirks.PNG

To measure the difference I first began with testing G1 ambush with nothing but daggers equipped. Then I proceeded with Ebony Earrings and Jade Earrings. I noted 10 results for each variable and calculated the average (Avg.).

Screenshot 2023-07-01 194547.jpg

The results suggest that the difference between striking a G1 ambush with EE & EJ is equal to 8.7 damage or 0.308% on average.
If we were to ignore the funny damage difference, we can still look at the health difference in both of these earrings.
'Fully maxed out' Ebony earrings add 2310 health whereas its counterparty adds only 1050 health :oops:. The difference is quite astonishing when one thinks of the White Gold Necklace & the Jade Necklace (both of them have the same values just one for STR and the latter for DEX).

My suggestions:

1. Rework Jade Earrings (maybe even Crystal earrings too but I have not tested it yet). This obviously would create demand for Jade which at the time of writing this is only to be bought in Jinno map 1 for 2kk each (yikes). Sure.. one can try to mine it themselves but GL with the city alchemist. Probably due to jade jewellery being not as useful no guild bothered getting a Jade Alchemist. [Dex & Crit? Dex & More HP? More Dex & HP? more A & B?]

2. The other a bit more thrilling alternative would be to significantly increase damage coming from Dexterity (and decrease Strength based damage). This is to make up for the lack of health coming from Jade Earrings I believe this could potentially also have a good impact on low level assassins as farming could be a bit more bearable. I don't think it would affect higher levels as they are probably using different Jewellery but please correct me if I'm wrong on this as I'm not high lvl yet.. Lol! I think if the STR & DEX re-balancing is done properly it won't affect higher levels..

3. Rework all of the Jade Jewellery including the necklace, earrings, and the bracelet. The Jade Bracelet at +9 right now gives 7% attack speed & 5% SP recovery on kill 🫵😹(thank you Mamut for the info!).. I am yet to meet someone who actually uses it. With so little extra damage coming from Dexterity why should one upgrade & use the Jade Necklace when the White Gold Necklace would give them the same amount of STR but after they don't need it anymore, they can actually sell it to some Warrior and get their money back 🤑.

4. All of the above. It might be a bit tricky & time-consuming to implement all of these. It would require a lot of testing to have a sufficient sample suggesting it won't break the game.

Share it with your friends, discuss it with your family at the dinner table & leave your thoughts in the comments 🍻.
I love the idea of reworking unused items & I hope that together we can initiate a healthy discussion and come up with a solution.

Toxic

Not trying to be negative but I do believe some classes have it easier to pvp at lower level than others. I do believe ninja is better suited for higher level pvp. that being said, I'd suggest to get 10 demi human on both earrings so you know for a fact how much is the damage difference between them. As far as I know the target dummies were meant to test PvP damage on them and WoM is the kind of server where every little % of a bonus has an impact. Maybe test with 10 demi on both earrings and come back with an update. I do hope if there's still a difference there where str still is better than dex, that it gets fixed asap.

Tekno

Not trying to be negative but I do believe some classes have it easier to pvp at lower level than others. I do believe ninja is better suited for higher level pvp. that being said, I'd suggest to get 10 demi human on both earrings so you know for a fact how much is the damage difference between them. As far as I know the target dummies were meant to test PvP damage on them and WoM is the kind of server where every little % of a bonus has an impact. Maybe test with 10 demi on both earrings and come back with an update. I do hope if there's still a difference there where str still is better than dex, that it gets fixed asap.
Tested and the difference is a bit bigger yet still insignificant. (21.1 damage or 0.750% difference)
People (I met) don't play with assassins as their main character but rather other classes. They skip all the early and mid phases since these are utterly weak and just use their main characters to level the assassins and get stuff for them. So I still do believe the Jade jewellery as well as assassins could receive some love.

eeNoHH.PNG
1688329102947.png

RUBY

great concept although we are too late into the game and they will rather fix & work on new items

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

my opinion is same as RUBY's
great concept although we are too late into the game and they will rather fix & work on new items

It is tricky also to now change the way DEX affects outgoing damage, but also all jade items to be changed is a bit too much... anyhow, those earrings are lvl 28 and ebony is 33, so for 5 lvl lower earrings it is still a better option for ninjas.
I do feel sorry for ninjas sometimes, most of the time they are bound to the ground...

...make it coming peeps! Healthy discussion is welcome.

Regards.

Tekno

(...) anyhow, those earrings are lvl 28 and ebony is 33, so for 5 lvl lower earrings it is still a better option for ninjas.
Well I've spoken to quite a few ninjas lately and not a single one chose to use Jade Earrings. After all it's additional 1.3k HP for a class which mostly tries just to survive so..
At this point one can tell this server is just built around other classes.. (y)

Im Jinx

Well I've spoken to quite a few ninjas lately and not a single one chose to use Jade Earrings. After all it's additional 1.3k HP for a class which mostly tries just to survive so..
i have crystal earrings myself but after this post i'm going to change them to ebony ones because it does not make sense to use crystal earrings. Sad i didn't know about it earlier. And as for the feather walk i'm waiting for them to fix the bug where non of the stats work.

Tekno

Another important note: how do you even expect melee ninja to be viable in pvp when all the aura abusers abuse horse fighting too. Lol!!!
Like you can't even get anywhere close to the opponent 🤒

YeLLo

Hello,

my opinion is same as RUBY's

It is tricky also to now change the way DEX affects outgoing damage, but also all jade items to be changed is a bit too much... anyhow, those earrings are lvl 28 and ebony is 33, so for 5 lvl lower earrings it is still a better option for ninjas.
I do feel sorry for ninjas sometimes, most of the time they are bound to the ground...

...make it coming peeps! Healthy discussion is welcome.

Regards.
Well, you should care, because people came and go. At least balance the jade earrings to have the same amount of hp as ebony ones. Why do you care so less? Is a simple change. It can be done very easy, or your devs can't to such small changes without breaking the whole game again? Jesus... I'm a warrior/sura player, but whe I saw that the jade earrings has so low amount of hp, I can say that you don't care that much about this server :)), because 70% of base players are complaining about everything and you ignore us, guys :).

Tekno

Another important note: how do you even expect melee ninja to be viable in pvp when all the aura abusers abuse horse fighting too. Lol!!!
Like you can't even get anywhere close to the opponent 🤒
Still an existing problem
Atm assassins are only viable in dojang, which hasn't happened in several weeks, and in the nation war. One can figure out it's due to the mounts restriction in both.
But sure I'll play assassin as main character to get the 1.5h a week (and that is if dojang comes back) where my character isn't just bumped around like a doll. Lol

Tekno

Still an existing problem
Atm assassins are only viable in dojang, which hasn't happened in several weeks, and in the nation war. One can figure out it's due to the mounts restriction in both.
But sure I'll play assassin as main character to get the 1.5h a week (and that is if dojang comes back) where my character isn't just bumped around like a doll. Lol

Chrizz

i dont know why but i feels to me that the drag/push from horses to players without horse is on this server extrem. if i remeber correct only warrior with max atk speed from ground were able to do that some years ago.

i also could be completly wrong but :unsure: