What's new

Game reset settings

GozenUnknown

The game(WoM2) resets the settings every time i exit the game.

It doesn't matter if i run the config as admin
It doesn't matter if i open 1 game or 2 games
It doesn't matter if i reinstall the game
It doesn't matter if i put the files on program files, desktop or anywhere else
and it doesn't matter if i try the game on another computer, does the same thing.

There is a way to force Config.exe to not reset by right clicking on metin2.cfg -> properties and check read-only.
However the ingame settings like Fog and Visible names will reset every time you reopen the game.

from what i see the Windowed 0 setting that makes the game run Full Screen gets erased when you close the game(exit), and the game puts a default setting instead Windowed 1.
So something is going on when you exit the game

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

indeed some things are really annoying if has to be re-set every time you enter in the game.
I forwarded your report to the team. We will see if we can get it work better.

EDIT: Question, from which partition are you running the game, C:?

Regards.

GozenUnknown

C: ye, i found a temporary solution.

after i put config settings i copied those two:
WINDOWED 0
USE_DEFAULT_IME 0

then i open the game put ingame settings and closed the game.
then i gone back to metin2.cfg and since those two got erased i paste them back:
WINDOWED 0
USE_DEFAULT_IME 0
saved and then right click on metin2.cfg, enabled read-only so the game can't temper with it.

and that fixed my problem.

Now the game can't change those settings, not until i remove the read-only

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

thank you for your temporary solution suggestion...however i think we need a permanent solution to this so it doesnt stay like this forever. Not sure how fast we can get a fix but our team is aware of it now and when they can they will surely push a fix for this.
Thank you once again.

Regards!

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

it appears that this is an OS thing so there isn't actual permanent solution to it. However, it only happens if your game is in "program files", you can try keep it on desktop or something.

Regards.

IDemonI

Hello,

it appears that this is an OS thing so there isn't actual permanent solution to it. However, it only happens if your game is in "program files", you can try keep it on desktop or something.

Regards.
Nothig works for me unfortunatley :(. Not this, nor running config as administrator etc 😭