What's new

Rejected Guarenteed upgrade system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stforjanka

Hi. Lately, i've been seeing many people expressing their opinion about the upgrading system, and while being a fan of "hard mode" myself, i can't help but agree to some extent. Many of my friends ended their gameplay on the server because of this "feature", and I'm not surprised in the slightest.

The idea of farming for days and then having it all gone due to RNG is pretty common in mmos, but WEEKS worth of farm going to **** seems extensive.

What i would like to suggest is system similar to one already implemented with soulstones, which is guarenteed 36 soulstones to reach P, extrapolated to the upgrading system. What i mean is, that there should be maximum amount of failed upgrades before you are guarenteed that the next one will succeed. The system is already in place in games like Lost Ark, and it seems to work.

The amount of failed upgrades could be high, to preserve the "hard" nature of the server, but at the same time would prevent someone from spending 2 times the amount required to just buy the upgraded item.

I know that this suggestion might seem out of place for game like metin, but I don't know how to otherwise satisfy the administration's fetish to keep the upgrading system extra hard, and at the same time give players some amount of hope that they will loose at most 2 times the yang needed to just buy the item, instead of 6 which results in quitting the server.

The system would be limited to certain items, like 75 weapons and such.

From what i gathered, the refine system isn't very popular, this suggestion is the way to maintain hard RNG values and at the same time remove RNG after certain point.

Not sure about technical implementation of such solution, im curious what y'all think.

Zdobyy

Okay, what about gradual SLIGHT increase in % after each failure after a certain point? I don't want to completely shift the upgrading process, i want to change the marginal cases where someone has spent so much that it's ridiculous. This is not a suggestion for complete upgrading overhaul.
I was thinking about same - each failed upgrade starting from +7 will give you for example 0.5% more chance for next try to upgrade item to+7 - this system can be implemented maybe for +9 tries to be more easier.

Lestat

Something has already been done for improving the upp rates, that is the Refine skill. Maybe an idea could be to just improve that system, maybe by not losing points if the upp failed, this way you will have an improved rate until you succeed and then you will have to put effort in upping the skill again, what do you think ?

RealDrew

for now all I can see is:
- slightly improve the rates on lower level items <75
- improve the success rate of refine manual so you don't need exo/hermit's that much

Also you can slightly improve the rates on +0-6 of Beta Items, it's kinda cringe how many times an item can fail at +4??? I agree that +8/9 should be extremely hard to obtain on an end-game weapon, but +4????? 10-15 fails in a row at +4/5 it's kinda weird (also considering beta upgrade materials are pretty hard to obtain and will literally cost more than Earth Dragon's Golden Heads........).

3XK

Something has already been done for improving the upp rates, that is the Refine skill. Maybe an idea could be to just improve that system, maybe by not losing points if the upp failed, this way you will have an improved rate until you succeed and then you will have to put effort in upping the skill again, what do you think ?

That system doesn’t rl work. Not in technical terms, but because of the price of using it. At least for mid level players. The problem is in the rates of successfully reading the manual. I have not managed to get mine to 10 since it was implemented, as I personally hardly ever upgrade and prefer to buy ready items, so im not using hermits on it.

Realistically speaking, lets take the lv 55 player, who’s playing for 3 hours a day. He has to invest 52kk ( 4x SS, reading twice a day on buff and main) daily, collect money for eq to do pet leveling, xp rings, every hour he farms he has to spend 4kk on a thief glove, every week he has to spend 12kk on an IM thief glove etc etc. Assuming he makes 45kk /h, after all of these expenses he's left with 275kk to toy with per week. That's not enough to do any serious upgrading, let alone with refine manuals and hermits.

Anyways, its somewhat of a two edged sword. On one hand, it gives more value to +9 items, on another it might hinder peoples progress by a lot. That's why I think upgrading is not for everyone, until they reach a point where they have significantly boosted their income.

3XK

- improve the success rate of refine manual so you don't need exo/hermit's that much

Also you can slightly improve the rates on +0-6 of Beta Items, it's kinda cringe how many times an item can fail at +4??? I agree that +8/9 should be extremely hard to obtain on an end-game weapon, but +4????? 10-15 fails in a row at +4/5 it's kinda weird (also considering beta upgrade materials are pretty hard to obtain and will literally cost more than Earth Dragon's Golden Heads........).

This makes lots of sense. Just an example, Ive been trying to make a unicorn bow +9 for my collection, spent 400kk, i know its not comparable to beta, but bare in mind that up items are relatively cheap, and I still did not make one xD

AdamlMalysz

Agree beta items need better rates at least for +0-6. Some upgrade materials have crazy prices already, and they are not even used for 7/8/9. Many people with 90lvl+ didn't even start upgrading any beta items, shortly there will be way too few upgrade materials IMO considering how low up rates are.

Zdobyy

Agree beta items need better rates at least for +0-6. Some upgrade materials have crazy prices already, and they are not even used for 7/8/9. Many people with 90lvl+ didn't even start upgrading any beta items, shortly there will be way too few upgrade materials IMO considering how low up rates are.
Fully agree - i personally failed upgrading solar/runesword/skill ress shield at +4 with refine skill around 10/15 times in row - its crazy - currently we have situation that earth dragon item at+7 is worth 80kk but upgrade items at +4 are worth 70/80kk? Its crazy...
If you want to keep it at it is lower the upgrade items from 3 to 1 for upgrading.

Solarium1

Fully agree - i personally failed upgrading solar/runesword/skill ress shield at +4 with refine skill around 10/15 times in row - its crazy - currently we have situation that earth dragon item at+7 is worth 80kk but upgrade items at +4 are worth 70/80kk? Its crazy...
If you want to keep it at it is lower the upgrade items from 3 to 1 for upgrading.
wise man memo doesnt work on those high level items?

Snake

Game Designer
Staff member
Game Designer
Hello,

There will be some additions to help you increase your upgrading luck or prevent items to go lower certain + but there won't be such things as guaranteed upgrades cause I can assure you those type of things can be exploited verry easily.

Best of luck,
Snake

Status
Not open for further replies.