What's new

"Hidden" Changes

Boy67the7

Can you stop doing so much hidden changes which are not in the patchnotes???

Do you really think player wont reconize if something they used to do changes?

Post ALL Changes you do on patchnotes everytime you do them!

I dont even want to know what you changed too but revert the metin spawn delay in helia.

For what is this map now if they spawn every 5 min? xd

D

Deleted member 808

It was noticeable from the very first rounds of patches that the actual patch post gets edited after being posted. Sometimes you could notice things added/removed hours after the actual patch was live.

The only thing I can think about, literally, is that the people deciding what goes live do not communicate the entire list of things to the people responsible of creating the patch notes post. The addition/removal/editing of so many things happened throughout the patches that I'm almost certain this is precisely the case. The great majority of staff members that we talk and interact with have little to no influence over what's patched. In short, the people that we're directly addressing all of our concerns to don't interact with us at all.

I don't dislike hidden/shadow changes. I dislike more the fact that they'll claim that nothing was changed and get mad at anyone suggesting they're doing shadow changes.

Edit: It could also be that the people responsible for communication receive a list of changes from the test server, but until they're introduced live, some changes are added or removed, creating inconsistency that gets difficult to fix.

Chrizz

100% agree there are shadow changes- especially since serverstart in metin spawn time atleast 2 times it got lowered on lower level maps, i mean i makes sense when majority of players move to higher levels and maybe push a little so that they level up, because spawn is too less, but atleast post it

RXD

You should all know by now how things work here on wom2.

As I and many others said in a thread weeks ago, staff just doesn't want to communicate openly and honestly about the patch notes and the direction this server is going.

They probably think they know everything better anyway. Like the 30 P-server staffs before their time. Just baffling.

So what's the point of getting upset?

D

Deleted member 808

You should all know by now how things work here on wom2.

As I and many others said in a thread weeks ago, staff just doesn't want to communicate openly and honestly about the patch notes and the direction this server is going.

They probably think they know everything better anyway. Like the 30 P-server staffs before their time. Just baffling.

So what's the point of getting upset?
It's not the entirety of staff. You can clearly see it. The members that are active and interact with us have no intention to be mean, rude or lie to us. But sometimes they are forced to do so, say something because, well... I think they actually know very little of what's happening on the upper floors of the WoM HQ.
The problem is upper management, probably the game design department. It can be seen from the patches they push, despite some points being argued against with impeccable arguments by the community, that they think they know better.
On the other hand, I understand they have a vision and direction they want the server to head.

They get angry when someone critiques that and start banning people. However, we as a community have been given rather few clues on what exactly that direction is.

As I mentioned some times around here, there are 3 main issues that cause this distrust, disbelief, and rage:
1. The upper management team of WoM2 thinks they just know everything better - from what players want to what patches should contain, often disregarding solid points offered by veteran and dedicated players.
2. The players see the entire staff team as their enemy.
3. The staff team sees the entire playerbase as their enemy.

Obviously, the last 2 are caused and reinforced by the fact that upper management/GD take decisions that are seemingly not based at all on community feedback. Of course, the lack of communication and the fact that the people taking the shots do not listen/ask for feedback from the community makes things so much worse.

RXD

It's not the entirety of staff. You can clearly see it. The members that are active and interact with us have no intention to be mean, rude or lie to us. But sometimes they are forced to do so, say something because, well... I think they actually know very little of what's happening on the upper floors of the WoM HQ.
The problem is upper management, probably the game design department. It can be seen from the patches they push, despite some points being argued against with impeccable arguments by the community, that they think they know better.
On the other hand, I understand they have a vision and direction they want the server to head.

They get angry when someone critiques that and start banning people. However, we as a community have been given rather few clues on what exactly that direction is.

As I mentioned some times around here, there are 3 main issues that cause this distrust, disbelief, and rage:
1. The upper management team of WoM2 thinks they just know everything better - from what players want to what patches should contain, often disregarding solid points offered by veteran and dedicated players.
2. The players see the entire staff team as their enemy.
3. The staff team sees the entire playerbase as their enemy.

Obviously, the last 2 are caused and reinforced by the fact that upper management/GD take decisions that are seemingly not based at all on community feedback. Of course, the lack of communication and the fact that the people taking the shots do not listen/ask for feedback from the community makes things so much worse.

A beautiful, far too professional answer. If they would only meet you halfway with a little sincerity with your level of professionalism, it wouldn't be a problem, but they don't do that obviously.

I'm more and more indifferent to the problems. I don't understand why you bother to write such a text, it doesn't change the situation. For my part, I have simply stopped analysing and pointing things out like this.

rodrigmike

It's almost like they see the things we say as attacking them, instead of them trying to get better and actually going to what the community wants or at least meet it halfway, because let's be honest, if the community dies, there will be no one to play.

D

Deleted member 808

I don't understand why you bother to write such a text, it doesn't change the situation.
Hope.

I can't talk in the name of the team or upper management/GD team. They're getting paid so they receive the instant gratification from working on the server.
But the community... the community has the opportunity to re-create the original WoM experience and most people here give their best to help the server for free.
Even in the state it is now, WoM is an unique experience.

We have the opportunity to re-create something that was part of people's life for 8 full years.
Yes, it's a rough start - what start isn't? Most servers simply get shut down with the first needed rollback.
But here... here you have people coming back after they've been hardcore fucked in the ass. People are coming back despite the many times some team members have taken the piss at us and at our opinion and simply insulted us to our face.

I wish more people would understand this.

We have the opportunity to build something that will last for a fucking long time and that will be profitable for both the management (money) and for the community (time and fun well spent). Together we have the chance to play Metin2 the way it should be played - fun, in a community, difficult, and without feeling the need to bunnyhop between servers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zezerino

Can you stop doing so much hidden changes which are not in the patchnotes???

Do you really think player wont reconize if something they used to do changes?

Post ALL Changes you do on patchnotes everytime you do them!

I dont even want to know what you changed too but revert the metin spawn delay in helia.

For what is this map now if they spawn every 5 min? xd

I also noticed it today, it had more delay than usual but I overlooked it and didn't even think it could actually be a shadow change.
I agree that every change should be on the patch notes. I disagree with having a direction of where the server is going and what they think about doing.

RXD

Hope.

I can't talk in the name of the team or upper management/GD team. They're getting paid so they receive the instant gratification from working on the server.
But the community... the community has the opportunity to re-create the original WoM experience and most people here give their best to help the server for free.
Even in the state it is now, WoM is an unique experience.

We have the opportunity to re-create something that was part of people's life for 8 full years.
Yes, it's a rough start - what start isn't? Most servers simply get shut down with the first needed rollback.
But here... here you have people coming back after they've been hardcore fucked in the ass. People are coming back despite the many times some team members have taken the piss at us and at our opinion and simply insulted us to our face.

I wish more people would understand this.

We have the opportunity to build something that will last for a fucking long time and that will be profitable for both the management (money) and for the community (time and fun well spent). Together we have the chance to play Metin2 the way it should be played - fun, in a community, difficult, and without feeling the need to bunnyhop between servers.

Amen.