What's new

How to level up Your pet quickly in SD3/Halloween Map

3XK

Hello everyone!

Since there have been a lot of questions posted in-game and on Discord, I have decided to write a short guide on how to prepare Yourself for the leveling of Your pets. First of all, let us settle on why is it a beneficial investment to make. With lv 10 aggression, a premium pet will offer You a permanent, 320 attack value on level 100. I can't provide You with the exact number for each level, especially since presentation data doesn’t transfer to the game, however, on lv 66 the permanent bonus bonus is 185. Believe me, when I say it, it is more than worth it to invest approximately 15 hours for 135 permanent attack value. Over time You will capitalise on this investment.

Now to the main part, how do we do it? There are two common strategies.

1. Reach lv 8-10 aggression and level up Your pet to 80, go back to it once You advanced with Your character, usually in HL1 (from lv 75). This can be beneficial, as You can start to utilize Your pet a bit sooner, but of course, eventually, You will have to roll Your pet back (119 DC) and probably invest in higher-level gear with Ice Bonus. Another upside according to the community is that HL1 farm is quicker than SD3, and some players were able to reach level 80 whilst making money on maps such as snake field and fire land (although it takes a long time). I won't comment further on this option, as I have done my pet fully on level 60.

2. Level Your pet fully on lv 60. I have personally used this strategy, so I will cover it in a bit more detail. One of the biggest benefits is that You get to stay on lv 60 with access to multiple profitable maps, which will make it even easier to make money, once You are done with leveling. That way You can save up for the expensive upgrades that await You as You level up further (level 75 weapons, level 66 armors, alchemy, Red Forrest gear, and so on) a lot quicker compared to other players. I can tell You from my personal experience, that maxing out my pet at lv 60 elevated my income completely, letting me advance to a higher level and create a pretty strong farmer. Up until now, the most common place to max out the pat was Spider Dungeon 3, so let's start with that.

Spider Dungeon 3

Gear

The only specific bonus that applies to monsters in SD3 is Aranchid. Nothing else works on this server, which means You will get hit hard. A lot of people think that the answer to that is defense and hp. It is not. I have tested SD3 on lv 81 character with 900 (meanwhile on my drop I have managed full rooms in SD3 with 517 def and I did not use a single white dew) defense, an amount that You can’t reach on lv 60, and it is not enough. What You have to focus on instead, is completing an arachnid set. You have to kill the monsters before they get to kill You. You can easily complete a set of 80% against arachnid, from Helmet, Earrings, Bracelet, and Shield. Those items can be found for relatively low amounts on the market, as they are only useful for pet leveling, so usually as soon as someone is done, they will list them for a fair amount. Just as an example, an ebony bracket with 2000 Hp, 20 aranchid, and 5 HP absorption cost me 40kk (By the way, that bracelet is highly recommended, especially for warriors). Another thing that helps You out when You have the necessary damage, is block. This is also why a lot of people chose level 60, as You get access to level 60 helmets and their default block bonus. It is good to have some in Your shield as well. In terms of boots, phoenix shoes are the obvious choice, You can also find plenty of them at +6 with HP and 20% chance for double experience on the market. In terms of Your armor, it's not really relevant, but I recommend having an evasion stone, hp, and hp absorption. If You can gather other items with 20% chance for double experience (necklace and You can find that in shields, but with stun, block, and arachnid that will cost You a lot) It will make the grind faster. The bottom line is: damage is king, block will save You, and have enough hp just to survive the whole room (about 15k).

Buff

Go for int as Your main priority. With 132 intelligence the blessing spell on P provides a whopping 34% damage reduction, and that is what You will need. I think one could survive with their buff on G, but if You can afford it while You gather other things, P is recommended and definitely improves the overall farm. Also, make sure You are married to Your buff with a 100% of love points and wear the lovers' bracelet (15% damage reduction, lasts for 3 hrs) on Your buff.

Boosters

First and the most important item to get will be the Pet Experience ring. You can gather some from the level boxes, as far as I can remember it is a total of 6 hrs. For the remaining part, unfortunately, the market is the place to look at. As far as I know, the price for 1h ring is 17kk at the moment. Secondly, make sure to prepare an adequate amount of regular experience rings (1.7kk, lasts for 30 minutes), to match the pet rings, as well as the 7-day IM experience ring. Yes, personal experience does influence the pet xp as well. Another great experience boosters are the periodic pets, for example, the battle pass reward pet will give You 20% experience bonus. Lastly, another item to put on Your buff will be the harmony bracelet (lasts for 3 hrs), boosting the experience gained by Your character by 20%.

Other than that, have an adequate amount of bravery capes (for me it was about 8k - 9k, but I spammed them quite a bit), as one is not enough to force the whole room to agro You. Same for red and blue potions, gems for Your bracelet and earrings, and whatever else You might be using.

Time

This is dependent on how quickly You can clear the rooms, how often You die, what is the starting level on Your pet, what is Your character level (the higher the character level, the slower the exping will be), how efficiently You choose the rooms, etc. For me personally, with the listed boosters, it took 14 hours and 40 minutes from level 66 to level 100 (as a arachan warrior, P skills, P buffs, Suras tend to be a bit slower with equal equipment), so You can aim for somewhere around 15, and in the worst-case scenario, You could just leave SD3 with one character and shop for the boosters. Lower levels tend to be very quick, however, after level 80 You notice an increased time You need for one level, and then again, on lv 90. Just for reference, I believe that lv 99-100 took me about 40 minutes alone. I know this might seem like a lot, but believe me, it will pay off.

Also, bear in mind that the rooms in SD3 have the same monster composition, but some have fewer monsters in total. I recommend finding a main spot where You leave Your buff, clear it and then proceed with the rooms adjacent to it, as waiting for the spawn in a singular room is a waste of Your boosters. I have attached a map with an example of my pathing, marked with green is the room where I kept the buff, I would start and finish each cycle there to rebuff myself. You can also use Your TP to buff in the SD3 in case You die or roam too far away from it. Also, don't worry if You die sometimes, it just happens. It's possible that Your ebony bracelet bonus didn't kick off, or You didn't block, as all of these are chance-dependent.

IMG_1252.jpeg

Halloween

Okay, so, I have not done this obviously, but I did test the event map leveling my characters and can confirm that the experience You gain by simply breaking metins is quite good, probably faster/comparable to SD3. Everything I wrote about boosters, lovers' items, etc applies here, the only change would be the gear. You will need some Darkness bonus, and to make it faster You can look for strong against undead. This could also be the single best strategy, I think, You could go for level 100 pet on level 40 character, which obviously can't be done in SD3. I think with the right gear, and decent buff it could be done, but I'm not 100% sure about it. Also, You can go beyond the Darkness resistance from Your gear, and get yourself the IM Halloween pet, which comes with more res. I think it's definitely worth to give it a try.

Last edited:

Anastasiya

Game Master
Staff member
Game Master
Thank you for such a precious guide. This may seem like a common knowledge among WoM players, but a lot of beginners are actually clueless about how/when/where to level their pets up. Keep up the good work!

GeniPolizei

There are Guys from Flame Guild that did some Posts in Forum about this. They played at the Same as me So Clearly you don‘t Know what your Talking about. They Changed the Rates in a positiv way. If u only Need 40 Minuten for Level 99 to 100.

darwizzy

It was harder then sure, but i m gonna repeat myself, if it took u 30 hours from 90 to 100, you def did something wrong.