What's new

Include Weapon Skins

oJohnson

Dear WOM Team,

We propose the incorporation of weapon skins into the Item Shop.

Skins play a significant role in MMOs, providing players with a sense of individuality within the game.

The existing array of normal skins and hairstyles that you have created is truly impressive. We believe that introducing additional weapon skins would enhance the overall style and introduce even more possibilities for customization. This addition could contribute significantly to the gaming experience.

Moreover, we anticipate that including weapon skins in the shop would not only cater to players' preferences but also serve as a financial boost for the server. Given the high demand, we envision that many players would be inclined to purchase these additional skins, especially if priced reasonably (e.g., at 120/200 DC).

Thank you for considering our suggestion, and we look forward to the potential enhancement of WOM with the introduction of weapon skins.

Best regards,

MementoMori

+1
I find the idea more than good. There is nothing that speaks against it, and it only has positive qualities for the server and the players who want to embellish and differentiate themselves further. I am happy to spend money on cosmetic items. That would be great, thank you in advance."

Attachments

• Risserzahn-Klinge_IG.png
    Risserzahn-Klinge_IG.png
    282.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Aquarusklinge_IG.png
    Aquarusklinge_IG.png
    308.7 KB · Views: 0

Toxic

It's been proposed a while back too and I think they refused, idk why. Everyone likes weapon skins and all of the costume sets they buy from plechito have matching weapon skins. Permanent no bonus weapon skins to match our costumes would be so cool.. Maybe not for every costume set but at least for some extra special ones... like for big events as christmas easter halloween...

SairusHunt

mostly everyone understands costumes, but weapon skins could easily scare a huge player base away, when one comes to an oldschool server and cannot recognize a single weapon anybody is using, especially some new half-ass designs, they will uninstall b4 realizing its just skins (hyperbole)

+1 from me but rather have nothing than cosmetics getting out of hand

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
mostly everyone understands costumes, but weapon skins could easily scare a huge player base away, when one comes to an oldschool server and cannot recognize a single weapon anybody is using, especially some new half-ass designs, they will uninstall b4 realizing its just skins (hyperbole)

+1 from me but rather have nothing than cosmetics getting out of hand
yeah actually this was the thing on my mind every time i saw such suggestion. These new-school-style weapons are really off and not into our womish vibe... at all.
I dont know really, if we ever get weapon skins i assume they would be rather classic weapons model/texture with different/additional colors/shine/sparkle or something. Thats my opinion about it.

Regards.

Toxic

Guys as I've said in the first post about this, if you remember Asteria, you can try to please both player bases and add just really classic weapon skins. Like just the ones the official server has, nobody can cry pOkEmOn on those. Or even just have skins for the weapons that already exist. Maybe I wanna use at 105 a lvl 30 fan skin (random example)
My point is if you want to there's always a way. Too bad your forum dev likes to assume people make suggestions to exploit them or for attention *cringe*

MementoMori

I think the weapon skins certainly contribute to the oldschool feeling. We're not talking about the hyper new space skins that are currently available on every 0815 server. But the first costumes that appeared on the official servers. In my opinion, this would also be a great nostalgia factor and, as many have already mentioned, another option to support the server and distinguish its character. like the others, these should of course have no bonuses. so it's a win-win situation for everyone. those who prefer a skin can wear it and the others don't have to if they don't want to.

To push the proposal further I would be very happy about a vote and then we let the community decide.

OaieX

Very expensive weapon transmog would be interesting. But weapon skins would certainly make me personally look for another “classic” server

DerBrecher

Can we manage to have a community vote for the thread?
For example:
-No weapon skins
-Weapon skins only cosmetic
Then make this vote public on the Discord so that you get more attention for the topic

Toxic

Very expensive weapon transmog would be interesting. But weapon skins would certainly make me personally look for another “classic” server
Ah yes but having temporary weapon skins with bonuses at some events doesn't make you do that right now? XDDDDD