What's new

Is #map1 Worth Spamming - Answers from a Proficient Farmer

D

Deleted member 808

As most of you probably know, quite a lot of players had a... deranged affinity to #map1 farming back on the old WoM.
While most decided to stop around #map2 at level 35, and the vast majority at 42, for obvious reasons, the representation of #map1 farmers was not something to ignore.
So, the question is - is it worth to spam this map, especially as a new player or as a returning/beginner player?

If you know your progression know-how's, please keep in mind that this guide is not for you. This guide is aimed simply at people that wish or consider to enjoy #map1 at its fullest.
Let's jump right into it!

100-chaoses.jpg
Here are 100 #map1 chaoses, farmed on and off so no time estimate for that - but it happens quite fast.
Didn't bother with lvl 25 metins as they feel very slow.

100-chaoses-drop.jpg
And this is the loot - Emotion Unsealers and M Blessings are strictly lvl. 25 chaos drop.
Of course, loots of books also dropped - but only 3 x Aura of the Sword.

66 Green Changers from 100 Chaoses - I feel that the rate is very bad compared to old WoM.
As a note here, a less than 2-hour farming session in #map1 with a limited number of players online can net you over 40 Green Changers, this is why I feel the Chaos drop rate is rather unimpressive.
Also, it must be taken into account that some chaoses did drop 4 Green Changers.
Cue in some bad luck and these 100 Chaos Metins could've round up even 50 or fewer changers.

The Blessing Scrolls are a nice addition, even if their price starts to drop. People starting fresh no longer have to rely on the market and just have to farm some chaoses, as even the lvl 10 ones drop them.

However, given that a lot of Chaos Metins had as drop just 5 x Bravery Cape and a Skill Book - I'd say it's not worth to waste your time farming #map1 chaoses.

And that's an incredibly good thing - why?
Because, at the moment, #map1 is a good source of other things, especially up items - notable mentions being Facial Cream, Tiger Claw, and Ornament to name a few.

In short, given I also had a 2-hour Thief Glove one, I can say that I would've probably preferred tormenting the White Oath Clan for Facial Creams instead. But I do like some Blessing Scrolls as this prevents me from buying any.

VERDICT -
staying #map1 feels nice if you have a goal you want to fulfill before moving on, like preparing some EQ or training your skill. A permanent #map1 farmer as your main will feel highly unrewarding. Props to the game design team for this, IMO it feels nice.