What's new

Closed Less boring battlepass quests

This thread has been closed.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxic

The title sounds a bit aggressive, but I promise I'm not trying to complain I just wanna give some ideas for some fresh pass quests, as half of the pass is the same every month.

So I've been thinking for several days and came up with this list:

1. Use or drop return scrolls/home return scrolls
2. Complete dungeons - I really liked this one from the past passes
3. Write messages on shout or trade chat
4. Travel a number of meters/km on your pet/horse
5. Feed your pet/horse
6. Regenerate hp/mana
7. Craft alchemy
8. Drop cor
9. Open silver/gold chests
10. Win duels
11. Deal PvM damage
12. Kill monsters - it can be some obnoxious number like 1 milion, it's easier to do than it sounds
13. Instead of fishing 300 fish and mining 10k ore, to gain fishing rod and pickaxe points
14, Refine ores
15. Fry fish
16. Receive clams/fishbone/dead fish from fish
17. Use/drop bravery capes
18. Increase/decrease your rank points
19. Teleport - either a number of times or waste an amount of money on teleporting via the teleporter
20. Spend money in general - it shouldn't count any player trades including shops, just money spent at npcs or upgrading
21. Use skills
22. Teleport to your guild land
23. Use your guild skills
24. Use your guild alchemist/smith
25. Join a party/be a party leader/give all the party bonuses as party leader
26. Call/send away/ride your pet/horse
27. Increase the refine skill to 10 points
28. Instead of gathering 1,5k flowers, either gather like 200 of each or receive a jackpot
29. Successfully add refined ores to accessories
30. Successfully upgrade/fail an item

I don't know if the team will like any of these, but maybe they'll inspire some new ideas.

Momo

-I like the variety and it seems way more interesting than what we actually got.

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

sounds like fun! I forwarded the list so Game Design can use some or they get some other ideas based on your suggestion.

Regards.

Acorn

Great ideas, all for most of them. Not a fan of the duels one, in general I’m not a fan of forcing pve characters to pvp and vice versa, and I’m still advocating for adding the OR option. Other than that, great list, game devs can definitely use some player inspiration!

Toxic

Great ideas, all for most of them. Not a fan of the duels one, in general I’m not a fan of forcing pve characters to pvp and vice versa, and I’m still advocating for adding the OR option. Other than that, great list, game devs can definitely use some player inspiration!
I don't like that either but at least if there's duels both people gain bp progress instead of having to ask someone to let you kill them or getting randomly killed by people that are trying to do their bp

Snake

Game Designer
Staff member
Game Designer
80% of your suggestion for bp quest are exploitable and can be done in matter of minutes/hours if you use macro or if you know how to rig the system in your favour (example upgrading stuff can be done with weapons from NPC's and you can't limit based on level, same with skill usage and things that can be spammed), also the fish and gathering thing is just a matter of preference, cause even if I put you to kill 200 fish or to fry 60 fish the numbers will add up being the same time spent doing that task. Moreover when it comes to flowers you suggestion doesn't add up, it will be impossible to gather even 100 of each cause of the RNG, this can lead you to not see a type of flower even if you want it.

I think you understand my point, it is a thing "quality over quantity", you want more tasks but those can be done easily and with no real hustle. I understand the pleasure of giving suggestion just to show up and bring something "to the table" but please in the future try thinking ahead about what your suggestion can cause and where can it lead to.
Some of your ideas might work and i see if I can include them in the future bp but there are 3 or 4 good ones unfortunately.

Thanks for your feedback,
Snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.