What's new

Let's discuss Guild PvP

overgaard0002

On top of my post above, I would like to give my point of view on how we can make this Metin2, the best there ever was. After 10 years of playing this game on and off, I have experienced that the average Metin2 player is driven by dominance and the goal of becoming the best and the most feared player on the server (this goes for guilds too.) Therefore I believe that it is important to both look at the individual players and the guilds needs. Based on the information above, this is my suggestion:
1v1 and 3v3 PvP-Tournament every second weekend (maybe 1v1 saturday and 3v3 sunday)
- Dont make the entrance fee free, maybe 25-50kk, by doing so, only the best will join and by paying that much, all players will become more equal.
- The Reward has to be something exclusive, but also something that doesnt give you any advantage (cosmetics) to fulfill the dominance-driven player´s ego.
- Tournaments from lvl 30-41, 42-55, 56-74, 75-99

Guild Raids/Waves
- Guild Raids would be something like Meleys Lair. Put a timer on the raid, aswell as a leaderboard so that everyone can see who is "the best." Refresh the leaderboard every month and reward the winning guild 3 exclusive cosmetics (second place 2, third place 1). (accesible twice a week)
- Guild Waves would be a room, where a new wave of Monsters spawn every minute. The guild that stays alive the longest, wins. Same concept as the raid.

Guild War
- Make the current system work with a working leaderboard. (accessible 5 times a week.) If possible give every guild an enemy guild once a week, based on how many times the guilds has been killing eachother. By defeating this enemy guild, you will receive extra points. Rewards once a month.

Leka

On top of my post above, I would like to give my point of view on how we can make this Metin2, the best there ever was. After 10 years of playing this game on and off, I have experienced that the average Metin2 player is driven by dominance and the goal of becoming the best and the most feared player on the server (this goes for guilds too.) Therefore I believe that it is important to both look at the individual players and the guilds needs. Based on the information above, this is my suggestion:
1v1 and 3v3 PvP-Tournament every second weekend (maybe 1v1 saturday and 3v3 sunday)
- Dont make the entrance fee free, maybe 25-50kk, by doing so, only the best will join and by paying that much, all players will become more equal.
- The Reward has to be something exclusive, but also something that doesnt give you any advantage (cosmetics) to fulfill the dominance-driven player´s ego.
- Tournaments from lvl 30-41, 42-55, 56-74, 75-99

Guild Raids/Waves
- Guild Raids would be something like Meleys Lair. Put a timer on the raid, aswell as a leaderboard so that everyone can see who is "the best." Refresh the leaderboard every month and reward the winning guild 3 exclusive cosmetics (second place 2, third place 1). (accesible twice a week)
- Guild Waves would be a room, where a new wave of Monsters spawn every minute. The guild that stays alive the longest, wins. Same concept as the raid.

Guild War
- Make the current system work with a working leaderboard. (accessible 5 times a week.) If possible give every guild an enemy guild once a week, based on how many times the guilds has been killing eachother. By defeating this enemy guild, you will receive extra points. Rewards once a month.
I really like the guild waves/ raids idea.

Nemesis

I think the most important thing is that there should be some kind of reward system in place, because without it there would be no point in having those guild wars, also a reward system would heavily increase the need for a guild. without this only the old playercore will participate in wars.

Zezerino

I would like to see something that doesn't require so much work from the staff, for example a boss that requires like 5-6 people, even a healer to heal ( to avoid solo farm), to access this boss would be required to do some pvp guild activity, this activity could be 2 - 3 guild wars and some kind of system to avoid fake wars.

Another idea could be another boss that spawns in a certain map that requires gold from guild to access it and people have to fight over it... No limit to players, might be required to add a certain number of death's to avoid staying the full day fighting over it.

AlexCrX

Separate class battle system maybe? (Imagine that only Ninjas or only Suras can join the skirmish for one round)
Maybe 1 or maybe 2 classes allowed per round of the guild war will make things more interesting, you can limit the amount of players joining the round to 3 or 5 so there won't be any case of 5vs10, 2vs7 and so on.
Pros?: Guild wars will be way more fun like this and they will require actual synergy from the guild members in terms of focusing a specific player etc.
Cons?: Every guild will have to get at least 3 to 5 members from a different class to be able to join the guild war.
Make a specific timeframe when guild wars can be held for like 2 to 4 hours a day.
Different guild war queues for either 5v5 , 10v10, 20v20 or limitless and at the same time if you're considering 1* then a level entry restriction will be good as well. This way, all guilds (even small ones) have a chance to go for something.
Buff the heck out of the guild abilities so players are literally forced to use them or they'll be at a disadvantage.
Guild related events like capture the flag (you can also transform this intro a destroy the enemy team's metin stone or something similar).
Don't do anything to the equipment, in my opinion if a guild is weaker in terms of gear, they are the ones that should lose the war!
Also... point 1* and 3* kinda solve this "problem" since they are limiting the amount of players that can join so (obviously) only the best in that guild will join the actual war depending on the queue.
PvM guild events with special bosses? Like fighting a boss with the guild maybe with 2-4-6 hours cooldown? I don't know how to expand on this but you can get creative aswell don't ya.

HeirToTheThrone

Hello everyone,
This is my first time posting in the forum after playing metin for 16 years.
I personally believe that you should stick with the simple and add to that motive.

Why is chess the best strategy game?
Why has League of Legends attracted so many players?
If I were you, I would make 2-3 different pvp modes that are simple but rewarding.

Here are some recommendations:
5v5 and 3v3 game modes were always attractive in many games(lol,cs,pubg,valorant,etc)

2. Huge battles are a must have in the latest MMORPG games. Imagine having a 50v50 scale battle. Epic battles were always something attractive and a huge factor for many players to continue playing the game.

For the theme:

“Make objectives not war.”
Killing someone in PvP is satisfying, but imagine killing someone that has your team flag, or that he is the enemy King, or he is on a killing spree and you shut him down. Now this is satisfaction!

“Are you a monster?”
Remember, many people play wom2 because they love PvM. Why not include it in a guild war?
Ex. 5v5 guild war -
1st objective: Destroy more metins than the enemy team.
2nd obj: Survive waves of monsters
3rd obj: Revive teamates and last longer than the enemy team.
Imagine doing all of that while making Pvp at the same time. Would you go for the kill, protect your mates or focus on destroying the metins?

“Give me some gold”
Greed is what drives players. The REASON WHY players don’t PvP is that THEY DO NOT BENEFIT from it. Why bother going into guild war and waste time while i can farm and get better equipment? The offline shop PvP(+time)addition was pretty good, it is a MOTIVE. This is what players need, put a blacksmith with big % upgrade for the winners in guild war, and blood should be shed!

Chrizz

the Biggest downside of guild baatles till now was, that after 3minutes you saw whos going to win, because if its 20 vs 4 kills the chance that anything would change till the end isnt really high.

some kind of automatic balance system would be cool, like if a guild is more than 15 or 20% behind in points they get a boost in power or crit or pierce until they are again less than 10% behind, or the winning team is getting some kind of penalties - all players will be slowed.

not sure which kind of buff or debuff would make sense - but the goal would be to make the battle more exiting until it ends

Boy67the7

I think the most important thing is that there is no default equipment for guild wars. Then why should i even create a pvp equipment. And it creates so many problems for example if you make 15 15 15 15 2k hp armor equip for example, bell shamans or even with a fan are cutting through everything while they are fully deffed.

The other thing is there has to be some kind of reward and it should be good not some i can farm that in 1 hour reward, to boost more people into pvp.

PvP balancing in guild wars:

- No mounts (obviously)
- Test all classes with max def
- As a Body warrior its hard to say but dispell has to get some kind of buff (But not aura gone for 30 sec)
- No event push items (pets, future rings etc.)

Last to say in my experience balancing metin2 pvp with the different 61 shields is a nightmare. For example Shamans are usually strong if nobody has the shaman shield but if they have it they deal 0 dmg.

My suggestion for this is to make a shield created with every lvl 61 shield+9.
Same defense as the 61 shields but instead of the defence against race a defence against demi humans of 15% for example (this number needs to be tested)

ckinimod

I think the most important thing is that there is no default equipment for guild wars. Then why should i even create a pvp equipment. And it creates so many problems for example if you make 15 15 15 15 2k hp armor equip for example, bell shamans or even with a fan are cutting through everything while they are fully deffed.

The other thing is there has to be some kind of reward and it should be good not some i can farm that in 1 hour reward, to boost more people into pvp.

PvP balancing in guild wars:

- No mounts (obviously)
- Test all classes with max def
- As a Body warrior its hard to say but dispell has to get some kind of buff (But not aura gone for 30 sec)
- No event push items (pets, future rings etc.)

Last to say in my experience balancing metin2 pvp with the different 61 shields is a nightmare. For example Shamans are usually strong if nobody has the shaman shield but if they have it they deal 0 dmg.

My suggestion for this is to make a shield created with every lvl 61 shield+9.
Same defense as the 61 shields but instead of the defence against race a defence against demi humans of 15% for example (this number needs to be tested)
Its fine for Dispel to only last 10 seconds (debuff). But atleast change it, so that the enemy warrior has to manually activate the skills again.
If for example 4 spells (skill + buff) jump back instantly, its really basically useless.
And we talk about a P - Skill, which does need roundabout 35 x 15kk in Yang atleast + alot of time.Right now theres basically no point in even leveling dispel.
Its basically useless:)

Zvierz

I would like to see something that doesn't require so much work from the staff, for example a boss that requires like 5-6 people, even a healer to heal ( to avoid solo farm), to access this boss would be required to do some pvp guild activity, this activity could be 2 - 3 guild wars and some kind of system to avoid fake wars.

Another idea could be another boss that spawns in a certain map that requires gold from guild to access it and people have to fight over it... No limit to players, might be required to add a certain number of death's to avoid staying the full day fighting over it.
I did also suggest it 6 or 7 years ago. I don't get it why such boss is still not here.All top metin servers in the world have such boss/ bosses already.
Even this one.