What's new

Considering Make Fishing more exciting and worthy

Chrizz

On old Wom, i suggest to add some new Items to Fishing, ill bring it up here but in a diffrent way.

It will make fishing more enjoyable, lets the time go faster, and give a treasure hunter excitment kick.

- How about adding some Scrap/waste Materials ( old fishing line, rusty hook, wet wood) to fishing.
If you have 10 piece u can trade it to the fisherman, he will thank you for cleaning the waters and depending what scraps you give him, he will give you 1-3 Fishing points or a random rare fish.
( Material should be catched with a low %)

Add a sunken Treasure Box and a Lost Treasure Key, you can catch it very hard, like getting a soulstone from a metin.
You will need both items to open the box.
In the Box could be 1 rare item - (Blessing Marble, Exo Scroll, Hermit, .....)

To make the Hair dyes usefull i thought about that too:
Make dyes dragable on the NPC which sells Hairstyles - she will need them to make the Hairstyles she sells- you will get,depending on the day/time/whatever/luck
the info that: "i didnt need this colour now" and you lost the dye or " thats excatly the colour im looking for" and get some amount of Yang or other things.

Make even normal fishes usefull instead of giving some HP or MP.
Make "crap" fishes if they are still in its raw state feedable to the baby Mount, they will raise a random trait by a low amount something like 1/10 a chehoum soul would do.

Also maybe consider adding this with changes from here https://global.wom2.org/board/threa...r-why-fishbotters-wont-give-up.802/#post-4532

Thanks for reading.

Chrizz

Also today i though about some of those "useless fishes"

In this Server "waters" from liquid crafting are removed ( mong water etc. ) also somewhere i did read that there will be no Palm of crit / palm of Pierce etc.

How about changing those fishes if they got grilled to 5 or 10 minutes duration with 3 crit / 3 pierce / 3 magic ress / 3 skill DMG / 3 skill res etc - whatever Bonus wont damage the game but make the fish usefull.
if you wanna max everthing vs a boss or in pvp you have to use fishes :D

it even could compensate some of the "losses" due the shaman buff reduction - but it could create a real market for fishes

Chrizz

Also with the last Patch, Clam rate got lowered, to arround 1Clam/Per10 Fish.
Fishers need some other ways to make Money.

Prices for Clams in the market seems now high, but inventory is not moving even with 800k per clam its a hard sell since today.

Maybe the Clam rate from Redwood or HL1 is too high, because before the patch there werent that many Shops full of Clams

@Essence

Last edited:

Yasiin

That’s really true ! Even with that chance of getting clams from fish, still a big amount of clams on Market And Extremly hard to Sell even with 800k ! You must do something !!!

Yasiin

Also with the last Patch, Clam rate got lowered, to arround 1Clam/Per10 Fish.
Fishers need some other ways to make Money.

Prices for Clams in the market seems now high, but inventory is not moving even with 800k per clam its a hard sell since today.

Maybe the Clam rate from Redwood or HL1 is too high, because before the patch there werent that many Shops full of Clams

@Essence
100% true !!! @Essence do something please !!!!! We cant Even Sell a fucking clam , not Even talk about pearls !!!

Toxic

It still very much grinds my gears that the main reason we got this horrible fishing system is cause it was "hackproof" while we still see daily people getting banned for fishbot. I really wish we'd just get the classic fishing system back. This is supposed to be an oldschool server, but they keep changing core oldschool things for dumb reasons...

Hofmann

Administrator
Staff member
Some cool ideas we will discuss in the team.

It still very much grinds my gears that the main reason we got this horrible fishing system is cause it was "hackproof" while we still see daily people getting banned for fishbot. I really wish we'd just get the classic fishing system back. This is supposed to be an oldschool server, but they keep changing core oldschool things for dumb reasons...

Fishbots are not working at the moment.

Toxic

Hofmann check your logs we saw people getting banned for fishbotting a few days ago XD
You guys can't keep saying no fishbot works for this system while actively banning almost daily people for fishbot.

PicoBello

Added a mission where you have to bring back dead fish.
For example: 1st mission - Bring back 50x dead crucian carp. Reward: random permanent bonus like 2% attack speed

D

Deleted member 808

Fishbots are not working at the moment.
I keep on making replies here regarding the fishbotter situation but deleting them since I saw you can't handle too well people being mean towards the team, but I've seen people getting banned for fishbots yesterday, as well as today.
1687155663036.png
I'm sorry, but to me it looks like you're taking the piss at us way too damn hard and that the team, and essentially the game itself, have no respect for us as players, nor for our free time. Ironically, you do demand it everywhere you interact with your community - community that hasn't been properly managed since server start and that won't be in the future due to some recent changes within the team.

You can take this as my formal leave.
I've put too much time and effort in playing the game, trying to help improve it, and also helping the community have an easier way in something you think should be the most difficult thing of all time.
I'm not going to reason with people that will return to believing they're right once the person that stands against them gets banned from the Discord. Ironically, people side with that person until said person gets banned, then they return to the usual.

With this, I would also like to take the chance to thank you for balancing the game around cheaters, probably the only private server to do so. Most of our fun has been eliminated by the simple fact that you cannot invest more in things that can be used against cheaters. I went in DT at lv. 41, killed 2-3 times the 1st floor and got like 2% XP total. Thank you for balancing the game for cheaters and not your player base.

You're also constantly mentioning that there are other things more important to deal with now than taking care or working on all these suggestions, but all we're seeing are QoL updates that have already been made once on the old server, and a couple of times on anything WoM-related that came since. If you really think adding Azrael, Aqua, and a poor attempt at a second red forest in WoM-style are important updates in 2023, then I really believe all this time we've been playing nothing else but the Alpha version of the server.

You're constantly making drop rate changes, usually to essential items, when it's already a bit too late. Then come the gameplay changes that kill all the vibe of your server and whatnot. But I am glad that the best the team members that actually play can do is show use their Sales History, proving that it's possible to earn decently and regularly, while most of the people active in Discord say otherwise, including old WoM veterans.
But, yes, if you play here as an actually active player, you must accept the fact that your involvement, be it civil or insulting, will be most likely ignored, even if you're backed by tens of other active players.

I'm already wasting even too much time, again.
All I can say is that, at the moment, World of Metin 2 is the worst way to waste/spend my time on something trying to have fun. I do hope things change in the future. Contrary to popular belief, you do have a caring player base, which can not be said about some staff members.

Edit: I'd also like to thank you for pushing people like JohnWarosa and Kuzman away with your erratic and pretty much chaotic behavior. For an entity that demands respect, you really offer little to none in return, but not only that, you also lose your marbles when people start to criticize you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheen

Game Master
Staff member
Game Master
Hello Tetsugakumono!

Moving quickly to the topic of fishbots. I myself banned a few fishbots yesterday, but I didn't find them in the game. We tried to eliminate the most suspicious ones through their logs so that all their work would be in vain and that they would not enjoy their earnings during this time of our inattention. I'm not saying that you won't find a fishbot 100%, there's always a chance, but I think it's much harder now.

Regarding the update.
First of all, I'm not a member of Game Design, so I can't answer all your questions/complaints on this topic. I'll try my best.
Some content is not introduced because we have to keep the Chapters policy. Right now we're focusing on balancing the game as much as possible without going into Chapter II based updates.
As for market balancing updates. In the team, we brainstorm practically every day, what can be improved, what can be changed to make the market and the game more enjoyable.
We also check every post you make on the forum. Some of them simply do not fit our vision of the server, but some of them are definitely taken into account.

Watching the forum and discord, I'd like to thank you for your input. Helping players with guides and advice. I hope you won't be disappointed and stay with us as long as possible.

Have a nice day,
Sheen.