What's new

Merge map1 from 3 kingdoms

wacfwaef

Hi,

I loved how the 1st map of WoM3 was merged on 3 kingdoms. It allowed new players to more easily get into the game, much more shops on the same place and also easier to have more people buying from shop and not spend hours going back and forth between map1 and map 2, specially as low level player with low speed no haste on armor, bad shoes and no horse.

So I suggest having the same map on WoM2.

PlaQ

The ''old''general Map was dissliked by a lot of People. I kinda liked it but I was also a big fan of the return of the old maps before they closed it down. The old Maps have a nostalgic feeling especially when you play oldschool server.
The problem with the old Map is that it does not fit into the current state of the game. They could potentially introduce it in the future if more people demand it.
But as of now I would say the server is still too ''oldschool'' to intoduce such a big change.

D

Deleted member 808

Some months before WoM closed, there was a "petition" ongoing for like... more than 2 months I'd say, full of players - new and veterans alike - calling for the old maps and old kingdoms back. It was on and on denied by the team until the pressure was simply too high and the original 3 Kingdom maps were reintroduced. Even the owner at the time, who was pretty adamant that the old 3 maps will definitely not return, gave in and just agreed with the playerbase.

The same will happen again, not to mention that the new team might not be keen on using the same old lore to develop the reason for the unified map.

There were also multiple issues with having 1 map for 2 kingdoms (or 3):
  1. If you think fishermen are now massacred in their map1, wait till all of them are in the same map, easily accessible.
  2. Market flippers will no longer have a job, or at least a very difficult one.
  3. New players will hate having to compete with new players from all kingdoms in the same map1 (this might not be a serious issue unless we get a heavy influx of new players).

In the end, a fair resolution would be to have players teleported in the city, instead of the outskirts teleporter (for the situations mentioned above) - even though now it takes you like 20-30 seconds to move from there to the city center.

These issues also arise when the server undergoes low population. The team may decide to implement direct teleport to centre during these times as Red and Yellow might not have a single unit of a certain item, creating frustration. But I believe having to put some time into exploring other kingdoms' markets is healthy for the economy. I agree that now, a new player who wants to buy even something as simple as Ores/Refinements, has to disrupt gameplay to check all 3 kingdoms.

Edit: There could be some sort of special event. Every 6 months, for a month, the 3 kingdoms come together and move their HQ to a unified map, to ease trading and interaction (or when the playerbase gets too low and the least populated kingdoms experience severe scarcity of some items). It could be a nice change from time to time.

Toxic

Everyone "hated" it but when they removed it and they brought back the kingdoms everyone hated that too soo????
Can't win this one

wacfwaef

Hello!

indeed this:

i guess nothing to add anymore. Everything said already.

Regards.
Then please remove missions to go back and forth from map1 to 2 at low level low speed. That is boring and made several of my friends quit because of it.

sie777

Then please remove missions to go back and forth from map1 to 2 at low level low speed. That is boring and made several of my friends quit because of it.
if ur friends quitted because of map1 missions then its pretty good to avoid further bigger cries from them - forum will be cleaner.

Dave

Game Master
Game Master
Please keep one suggestion per thread, this is not a general discussion thread, you will have to debate only the suggested topic.

wacfwaef

if ur friends quitted because of map1 missions then its pretty good to avoid further bigger cries from them - forum will be cleaner
Really? You are rude, I want to know where you live and say that to my face to see if you have guts, keyboard king.