What's new

My General Disappointment

Midorina

As a dedicated Metin2 player, and also a closed beta tester of this server, it is disheartening to pour hours of time and energy into a server that ultimately disappoints. Unfortunately, this is exactly the case with WoM2. Despite high hopes for the server, it quickly became clear that WoM2 was plagued with a host of issues that made the experience more frustrating than enjoyable.

One of the most significant issues with WoM2 is its lack of content. While old WoM2 offered a very old-school but unique gameplay to keep players engaged, current WoM2 feels barren and empty by comparison. The server launched with a limited amount of content, and what little was there was not particularly advanced or complex. For a server that had been in development for so long, it was disappointing to see such a limited offering upon release.

Adding insult to injury, it is also riddled with bugs and glitches. These range from minor inconveniences to game-breaking issues that rendered certain aspects of the server unplayable (which I have reported several, including this one). Despite promises from the developers to address these issues, there isn't any action yet, making the server feel unpolished and unfinished.

To make matters worse, the channels are also overrun with cheaters. Players are teleporting and one-hitting rare mobs all around, creating an uneven playing field that is frustrating and demoralizing for those who play fairly. Despite repeated promises from the development team to address these issues, the prevalence of cheaters makes it difficult to enjoy the server.

All of these issues combined to create an overall sense of disappointment and frustration for WoM2 players. While the server had potential, it ultimately failed to deliver on its promises. The lack of content, persistent bugs, and rampant cheating all contributes to a feeling that the server is not worth the time or effort required to play it.

In conclusion, it is disappointing to see a server like WoM2 fall short of expectations, especially considering its legacy. While it may have had potential, the lack of content, pervasive bugs, and rampant cheating all served to undermine the experience and make it more frustrating than enjoyable. Hopefully, in the future, developers and the rest of the staff team will learn from the mistakes made with this launch and strive to improve the server as soon as possible. Until then, I don't see myself playing this server as often.

Best regards,
Midorina

Last edited:

Ulyse

i
As a dedicated Metin2 player, and also a closed beta tester of this server, it is disheartening to pour hours of time and energy into a server that ultimately disappoints. Unfortunately, this is exactly the case with WoM2. Despite high hopes for the server, it quickly became clear that WoM2 was plagued with a host of issues that made the experience more frustrating than enjoyable.

One of the most significant issues with WoM2 is its lack of content. While old WoM2 offered a very old-school but unique gameplay to keep players engaged, current WoM2 feels barren and empty by comparison. The server launched with a limited amount of content, and what little was there was not particularly advanced or complex. For a server that had been in development for so long, it was disappointing to see such a limited offering upon release.

Adding insult to injury, it is also riddled with bugs and glitches. These range from minor inconveniences to game-breaking issues that rendered certain aspects of the server unplayable (which I have reported several, including this one). Despite promises from the developers to address these issues, there isn't any action yet, making the server feel unpolished and unfinished.

To make matters worse, the channels are also overrun with cheaters. Players are teleporting and one-hitting rare mobs all around, creating an uneven playing field that is frustrating and demoralizing for those who play fairly. Despite repeated promises from the development team to address these issues, the prevalence of cheaters makes it difficult to enjoy the server.

All of these issues combined to create an overall sense of disappointment and frustration for WoM2 players. While the server had potential, it ultimately failed to deliver on its promises. The lack of content, persistent bugs, and rampant cheating all contributes to a feeling that the server is not worth the time or effort required to play it.

In conclusion, it is disappointing to see a server like WoM2 fall short of expectations, especially considering its legacy. While it may have had potential, the lack of content, pervasive bugs, and rampant cheating all served to undermine the experience and make it more frustrating than enjoyable. Hopefully, in the future, developers and the rest of the staff team will learn from the mistakes made with this launch and strive to improve the server as soon as possible. Until then, I don't see myself playing this server as often.

Best regards,
Midorina
Personally, I think you are a little too exacting, the game is quite stable, you are right about hackers, but about bugs and content I can say that I have not yet encountered bugs in 4 days of playing, and content I don't think is needed or supposed to be, at the moment, I really didn't expected so many players.

Rainer Wahnsinn

After the tenth failed horse medal for level 2 and the masses of cheaters I will also pause.

I rarely had so much fun as on this server in the first hours and am really sad, but it is simply unplayable and demotivating to see cheaters everywhere.

I do not even want to know how much Yang in the Demontower was already bottet ...

Really inexplicable why you start a server with such a small team without hackshield or even a captcha.

Solarium1

Can't agree more to the part of the yang that makes me think twice playin this server while many players gonna grow big in a cheating way...Team should do something and invest everything and give us the proofs.I remember on previous wom2 many take advantage of this again and from the yang bombs on dt/sd2-3 and had so big advantage and nobody did a sh1t about it.

Pachol

Hello,
When I first heard about WoM2 re-opening I thought it's another attempt to milk players using the same files and ideas. Over the time, I started to "trust the process" and seeing much more effort, promises and hype compared to the previous server (no, not WoM2, there was something else), they've hired one of the most skilled devs on the scene, Areya brought communication with players on another level, some familiar and good faces joined staff, so yes - I started to believe that something big will happen.

Once the server started, my imagination of WoM's future went on downhill. Lack of communication, unanswered threads and issues, weird decisions on patch notes. I don't know if it's time to blame Vegas or other unknown devs for not fixing issues that were also never solved in the past. Luckily there is no PACI from what I heard, so he won't leave the project during the process but some actions are need to be done immediately.

Lack of content is their strategy to have low-effort-updates that will just bring what they already have from the previous WoM, with a little rework if anything. It's like EA games that finish 100% of the game, then they release 25% of it and add the rest as DLCs for the next 2 years.
However, as it is hardcore server we don't need everything at once, for now players will struggle with basic stuff like levels, pvm eq, skills, bio, then we can think w¹about the rest. Sadly, the team didn't informed us about timeline of their updates, so lets hope they will do it on time.

I still have hope that it will bounce back on the correct track, there is still time for improvements.

Best regards,
Pachol.

Toxic

Hello,
When I first heard about WoM2 re-opening I thought it's another attempt to milk players using the same files and ideas. Over the time, I started to "trust the process" and seeing much more effort, promises and hype compared to the previous server (no, not WoM2, there was something else), they've hired one of the most skilled devs on the scene, Areya brought communication with players on another level, some familiar and good faces joined staff, so yes - I started to believe that something big will happen.

Once the server started, my imagination of WoM's future went on downhill. Lack of communication, unanswered threads and issues, weird decisions on patch notes. I don't know if it's time to blame Vegas or other unknown devs for not fixing issues that were also never solved in the past. Luckily there is no PACI from what I heard, so he won't leave the project during the process but some actions are need to be done immediately.

Lack of content is their strategy to have low-effort-updates that will just bring what they already have from the previous WoM, with a little rework if anything. It's like EA games that finish 100% of the game, then they release 25% of it and add the rest as DLCs for the next 2 years.
However, as it is hardcore server we don't need everything at once, for now players will struggle with basic stuff like levels, pvm eq, skills, bio, then we can think w¹about the rest. Sadly, the team didn't informed us about timeline of their updates, so lets hope they will do it on time.

I still have hope that it will bounce back on the correct track, there is still time for improvements.

Best regards,
Pachol.
I genuinely felt the same but at this point I'm kinda afraid history will repeat itself, and at some point it will get closed due to too much criticism and lack of communication. Today people started getting banned on discord for being critical of the staff and their decisions, and that's never a good sign.
And while I get that some can be extreme in criticism, in 99% of the times it comes from a good place of a player that really wanted this project to work.

Caliph

There should also be taken in consideration that there are people who make their presence just by discrediting stuff, it appears that wom2 channels are their bay.These experts of metin servers, out of all the ones available out there, concluded that wom2 gamestyle is the one which defines them most and they start launching nukes because they are not being addressed straight on point once they figure they lost relevance, if they ever had any.....

I will not agree to disagree here, everyone has its opinion and should be respected no matter who gets targeted.

ahh...and I almost forgot.Thank you WoM2 STAFF for making this project possible.For a vast majority of us, your effort to bring this back alive is simply enough!

Best Regards,
Caliph, former Ghazi.

Loco

As someone that played the original WoM2 from the serverstart in 2013 till months before it closed this is the first server WoM2 opened since the ro server that gives me hope of a lasting server.
While one of the biggest factors of WoM2s success originated from their unique QoL features and bugfree gameplay. One often overlooked factor for it being one of the most successful longterm server was its stable market and options to gain money pretty much anywhere in the game. For a stable market to develop it is crucial to not start with all the old features in order to build a solid base. Obviously there are still things that need to be worked on mainly a few bugs and the Teams communication but other than that I'm still very hopeful of this server being able to turn into a longterm project similar to the old WoM2.

Prasinka

Can someone give an example of the content that was expected? I am genuinely curious, I played years ago even before the original WoM2 and compared to then it is much more entertaining.

Pachol

Can someone give an example of the content that was expected?
I think it's mostly about lack of dungeons and maps, that should be implemented quickly.
Also there are no events, and any signs for them. There are no forum events as well.
We have no alchemy which had the most impactful role on old WoM, also it opens up multiple possibilities of making money 'cause you can take rooms full of mobs wherever you can find (Spider dungeons mostly), right know players are limited to bosses and metins. Dungeons are impossible to-do for most of players (keys, level limit).

I don't say WoM2 had a lot of content but there was always something to do, here we have only promises that something will be added in the future.
Also I don't think we should follow the same path as old WoM2, why they don't bring new dungeon for early levels? Why they won't introduce guild raids, so there will be something to do with a group/friends?
It's a basic game, that anybody could launch but of course, WoM2 is popular on metin2 scene, we trust them and we are here.