What's new

Pet Guide - EXP, Souls, Enhancers - Answering the Most Asked Questions

D

Deleted member 808

So, you've got yourself a pet, gave it a cool name, and summoned it?
Now what?
Does it steal your EXP? Do normal EXP rings and items work to level it? What are the specifics of upgrading its aggression? Where do you drop the things needed to fully upgrade your pet? All of these are questions most people still don't have an answer for. Most of the times, seeing someone riding a pet mid-level equals someone riding a lv. 50 evolved pet with 0 attributes. This doesn't have any benefit. But what's the benefit?

Correctly leveling up and upgrading your pet awards you up to 283 Attack Value, 315 if we're talking about an exclusive, time-limited Seal (Camel, Bernie).

1. Leveling up your pet - how, what, where, and why on earth is it so hard?
There are more than enough questions regarding this matter, all of them answered mostly wrong - both by players and by the team. As such, we'll take things one by one, also testing them in-game when needed. Hopefully, in the end, you'll have a clear picture regarding EXPing your pet.

1.1. Having your pet summoned doesn't steal any of your EXP. Tested individually on mobs close to my level. The experience value (value, not percentage) awarded is the same with or without your pet summoned.
1.2. Your character doesn't have to be able to gain EXP in order for your pet to gain EXP. You can keep your Goddess' Doll active. There is no need to turn on character EXP.

1.3. EXP Gain - tested on a lvl. 62 mob that would award 0.03% pet EXP consistently​
Condition
Pet EXP Gain
Pet EXP gain without any type of modifiers
0.03% - consistent​
Pet EXP gain with triggered 20% Chance for EXP bonus
0.05% (when triggered)​
Pet EXP gain with 50% Experience Bracelet
0.04% - consistent​
Pet EXP gain with 75% Pet Experience Ring
0.05% - 0.06%​
Pet EXP gain with 50% Experience Ring
0.05% (rare instances of 0.04%)​
Pet EXP gain with 50% Experience Ring + 20% Chance for EXP bonus
0.07% (when triggered)​

For the values presented above, it is worth noting that EXP gains are actually in X,XX(XXX?) values. X.XX is just the barebones, which is why, if you'll test yourself, you'll see a consistent value, as well as an X.XX + X.X1 value in this case. For pet EXP gain with 75% Pet Experience Ring, the values vary most likely because the gain is actually - 0.055%, for instance, resulting in the rounding up of EXP displayed in the pet window.

Despite several claims made by some team members, most if not all forms of EXP modifiers that affect the EXP gained by your character also affect the EXP gained by your pet. In this situation, building an EXP item set will be beneficial in leveling your character. Take note that you can further increase pet EXP gain by using an IM Experience Ring and by being in the kingdom that won Nation War (due to 50% EXP Bonus for 1 entire week).

1.4. There are multiple levels where it is advised to level up your pet. The pet EXP gain is directly influenced by character EXP gain. In short, the more experience your character earns, the more experience your pet earns. As a result, the lower the level you are, the faster you should be able to level up your pet. As you know, leveling up increased the EXP needed for the next level, but also decreases the EXP values gained by your character.
Lv. 40-50​
The old universally-accepted level to EXP your pet was 42, due to access to a variety of mid-level items and the fact that you have the best EXP gain rate for both your character and your pet. People would usually do this in SD2, but it might be difficult here due to increased mob damage and decreased character resistance. Lv. 55 + SD2 might be an option, since you have the option to use DEF liquids + lv. 50 BIO.
Lv. 60-61​
This is another old universally-accepted level to EXP your pet. On the current server, lv. 61 is ideal as it allows you to invest in a 61 shield and go SD3. It is probably the best, fastest, and most consistent EXP rate.
Above lv. 61-70-80​
I would personally say that you shouldn't bother trying to get your pet to 100 if you're in the 70-80 bracket for example, as EXP gain is quite terrible. It would require significant time investment. On the old WoM, a more appropriate call would be to level up in Thunder Mountains, at the Lightning resistance/Cyclops mobs. They can be found in large groups in certain areas, making it easier to spam capes and gain EXP.

2. Upgrading your pet - everything there is to know about the use of (Tainted) Cheheom Souls and Enhancers
This is where things get difficult. To get the most out of your pet, you will have to upgrade its statuses, specifically Aggression and Sturdiness. This is done with (Tainted) Cheheom Souls. The process can be improved by using Cheheom Enhancers.
1688113423133.png
1688113490078.png
2.1. Normal Cheheom Souls do not fail. Tainted Cheheom Souls (sold by the NPC that sells the pet seals) have about 40% chance of success. In short, they fail, and they're also expensive.
2.2. Normal Cheheom Souls do not give a fix % to the status you're upgrading. It's a random value contained within a fix bracket.
2.3. The recommended and best way to level up the statuses is by going 10 Aggression and 8 Sturdiness. You can have a total of 18 levels.
2.4. You can rely on Tainted Cheheom Souls to upgrade a status IF their market price is less than half the price of Normal Souls. Both type of souls drop throughout the game. Tainted Souls are not limited to the NPC that sells them. Tainted Souls can be a good and cheap option if you somehow come across them in mass.
2.5. Cheheom Enhancers double the value awarded by a Cheheom Soul. Should only be used with Normal Souls. It is recommended to rely on Enhancers only if you find them cheaper than Normal Souls. It is highly recommended to use Enhancers for the last level (9 to 10) of Aggression.

You need a total of 200 (average) Red Cheheom Souls to upgrade your pet's Aggression to lv. 10.
Lv. 1 to lv. 8 - 50 Red Cheheom Souls.
Lv. 8 to lv. 9 - 50 Red Cheheom Souls.
Lv. 9 to lv. 10 - 100 Red Cheheom Souls

The process is improved and ensures a minimum of Red Cheheom Souls is used if you rely on Cheheom Enhancers. These should be used from lv. 8 to lv. 10 if you have the money and are in a rush, or from lv. 9 to lv. 10 if you want to improve the process, but not break the bank.

3. Where can you drop Normal Cheheom Souls, Cheheom Enhancers, Pet EXP Rings and Shanks of Meat?
1688113718459.png

All types of Cheheom Souls can be dropped mainly in the Naaga Dungeon and in Treasure Maps. There might be more sources which I'm not aware of.
3.2. I'll return and edit once I find out where Enhancers drop. It's hard to come across information when you're banned from the only place where you might get a glimpse of someone sharing something.
3.3. Naaga Dungeon is also the ONLY source of Pet Experience Rings in-game. Be aware, the rings dropped by Naaga are not identical to the rings awarded by level up boxes, in the sense that they have a reduced duration. You should use the 3-Hour Bound rings only when you're fully geared and ready for a lengthy EXP session.

The minimum pet lv. I recommend when considering evolving your pet is 80. The Attack Value awarded is decent, not the best, but can give you the boost you need for medium-to-high-level maps, let's say. Obviously, the highly recommended way is to suck it up and go to 100 - 283 Attack Value with 100% Fidelity, 315 with full Fidelity and an exclusive seal.

Do not forget about your pet's Fidelity and Hunger bars. The hunger bar grows gradually as you play and can be reduced to 0% by right-clicking Shank of Meat. They drop quite a lot so there's no need to worry about them, but just don't forget about using them.

Special Note: There is a guy on Discord, Vesstan, who has been documenting his pet level up process via occasional messages while enduring the exciting gameplay that SD3 offers. I think most of them are in #off-topic - use the Search function to look for messages from him and you should come across his experience. You can get an idea of how much time you MUST be ready to invest to get your pet to level 100.
.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Anastasiya

Game Master
Staff member
Game Master
Great guide, I appreciate your efforts for it. However, regarding 3.2., I don't think there is a need to grief for something that you have asked for specifically.

Boy67the7

to 3.1 i believe the baroness is dropping them too now after an update.

Edit: i am also trying to get my pet to 100 with lvl 90 in the next few weeks can share some info where to do that after i tested where to level.

Veetam

So my 77 lvl account is a trash because I didn't know I should exp pet earlier. Good to know.

D

Deleted member 808

So my 77 lvl account is a trash because I didn't know I should exp pet earlier. Good to know.
Not necessarily. I believe pet EXP gains can be decent throughout every level bracket, but you'll certainly have a more difficult time leveling it at 77. You could ask people around, but my suggestion would be to aim for either HL2 leveling (if SD3 is simply really bad in terms of EXP). Obviously, to level in HL2 at 70-80 requires more time/money invested than at 42, 61 in SD3.

But it depends - I'd ask some folks around Discord just to be sure. I can't say I've experienced ALL levels for leveling pet, some information added here is based on what people talk on Discord.

Chrizz

i am leveling my pet just now, and its a pain, lvl 56 warrior going V3 with capes and run into corner - pet is now 83 spent already 10 hours from 65 to 83 and now im nearly at 1 h per level - i have to play without berserk and still die with 27% block and 80 vs spider + full buff G1

Veetam

Not necessarily. I believe pet EXP gains can be decent throughout every level bracket, but you'll certainly have a more difficult time leveling it at 77. You could ask people around, but my suggestion would be to aim for either HL2 leveling (if SD3 is simply really bad in terms of EXP). Obviously, to level in HL2 at 70-80 requires more time/money invested than at 42, 61 in SD3.

But it depends - I'd ask some folks around Discord just to be sure. I can't say I've experienced ALL levels for leveling pet, some information added here is based on what people talk on Discord.

Just level it later on beta
It will be faster to make new account than get 90 lvl on my account and buff account and after that exp pet

Veetam

Nevermind I will try to get 90 lvl (I have 83 lvl pet) and then evolve it. Maybe same day I will get 90 lvls and it will be good time to get 100 and evolve it again.. xd

Nikku738

Nevermind I will try to get 90 lvl (I have 83 lvl pet) and then evolve it. Maybe same day I will get 90 lvls and it will be good time to get 100 and evolve it again.. xd
With the 25% extra exp from last patch you can do 80-90 in like 1-2 days on ice golems , it isnt that hard. For leveling the pet in beta you will probably need some gear though.

D

Deleted member 808

Wait, so character exp rings, help in exping pet ? A GM told me the opposite D:
From what I and several other players tested, all sorts of EXP items increase the experience your pet receives, probably due to the fact that incoming pet EXP is tied to incoming character EXP.

We've also had Areya confirm the opposite multiple times one day, for reasons unknown to me. Hence this guide here - there are simply too many questions that are given multiple responses, nothing concrete.