What's new

Please stop making another server out of wom2....

Zvierz

Advertising another server
I think wom2 now is like metin2 global from 2007-2009. Most of people don't want to invest years into a hard private server without license. [removed] was working together with [removed], maybe you guys should try it too.
Edit. The big brother of wom2 was working together with metin2 owners.

Last edited:

Zezerino

I really don't understand some complaints here since there is some features from the previous wom server, unless you mean "old wom" by WoM from 2014/2015 and not the most recent wom... This confusion is annoying.
This server is more difficult in a way and previous wom was more dificult in another way, what is annoying on this server is the dificulty of simple stuff that no one likes to do... The constant unfair changes is also pretty anoying and it shouldnt be happening on a remake of a server.

Besides this, I like their idea...

Arikel

What we want to say is that we want the old wom back.
what does it mean? what is the old wom2? i'm seeing a lot of complainings in the forum now, to the point i even created an accout, and i want to understand what ppl is complaining about. i feel the server is ok

Zezerino

what does it mean? what is the old wom2? i'm seeing a lot of complainings in the forum now, to the point i even created an accout, and i want to understand what ppl is complaining about. i feel the server is ok

Everyone has different ideias of what was wom2 since the server was so long... Wom2 8years ago is different from wom2 4 years ago

ThePlayer

I myself refer to 'old WoM2' as it was in their final years of existence (2019-2020). I wasn't expecting to see such a low quality of the server (missing features and QoLs from the old wom2) and also such slow content releases of "new content"(lets be honest... Spider Baroness, HL1, Azrael? really?, you cant call these "new content" since these was already existing content on most metin2 servers BEFORE the original WoM2 server was even opened)

In these conditions, this server would reach the content of the old wom2 (2019-2020 as I mentioned) in another 8 years?

Even if they completely release all the content from old WoM2 faster, lets say not 8 years, but in 2 years... it would still be too much of time to wait.

Thanks, but no thanks!

Arikel

I myself refer to 'old WoM2' as it was in their final years of existence (2019-2020). I wasn't expecting to see such a low quality of the server (missing features and QoLs from the old wom2) and also such slow content releases of "new content"(lets be honest... Spider Baroness, HL1, Azrael? really?, you cant call these "new content" since these was already existing content on most metin2 servers BEFORE the original WoM2 server was even opened)

In these conditions, this server would reach the content of the old wom2 (2019-2020 as I mentioned) in another 8 years?

Even if they completely release all the content from old WoM2 faster, lets say not 8 years, but in 2 years... it would still be too much of time to wait.

Thanks, but no thanks!
yes, you're right that they should be releasing the content faster, because it's already programmed and it doesn't require work.
i find it fun though that it's starting as an old server as it's making us go through old stuff like farming black armours and 75 weapons the old way.
but only this issue can't be a reason to send a server to hell, right?

Weijierr

One thing i hate the most and that is "The berseker nerf" , ive played Sura Weapon on every single version of WoM2 and here i wanted to try War Corp cuz i knew it was good from old Version of WoM, it was all good untill you decided that is good to nerf the berseker after 2 months of the server, like if you wanted to do that do it from the beggining. If i knew the bersker wouldve had the negative bonus on it i wouldve created a Sura Weapon like i did on the old version of WoM2 but now i can't, i'm too deep into the content to do that, and i bet you that Warrior has literally 0 chances in Beta Maps, not with this Berseker. + many other stupid "QoL" you did.

Hofmann

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

You can say this server is, right now and until we reach Chapter 2, a prequel of the original WoM2 from 2014. It will feel very familiar to our original players. It will feel less familiar if you played recently. A player from 2015, if transported through time, would also have said 2020 wom is not wom. The truth is wom cannot be a monolithic entity but has to evolve to face different challenges, different player communities, and different teams.

Why is this? It was done this way because we felt a reboot was needed to get rid of mistakes that were done in the past and resulted in things like over inflation and dead market.

There is still a long way to go in terms of improving the gameplay but what we can advance at this moment is that you will have level 100+ content (Dark Dragons and Earth Dragon) plus Battle Pass available within a month.

The content we are releasing at the moment is not new as you pointed out but it still needs to be adjusted to the direction we want the game to take and also to the fact that this is a new server and not 7 years old. Leaving things as they are would bring us back to the situation we described.

Thanks for your patience and we are sure you will appreciate the result when we catch up to the level of content from the previous incarnation of WoM.

Boy67the7

Hello,

You can say this server is, right now and until we reach Chapter 2, a prequel of the original WoM2 from 2014. It will feel very familiar to our original players. It will feel less familiar if you played recently. A player from 2015, if transported through time, would also have said 2020 wom is not wom. The truth is wom cannot be a monolithic entity but has to evolve to face different challenges, different player communities, and different teams.

Why is this? It was done this way because we felt a reboot was needed to get rid of mistakes that were done in the past and resulted in things like over inflation and dead market.

There is still a long way to go in terms of improving the gameplay but what we can advance at this moment is that you will have level 100+ content (Dark Dragons and Earth Dragon) plus Battle Pass available within a month.

The content we are releasing at the moment is not new as you pointed out but it still needs to be adjusted to the direction we want the game to take and also to the fact that this is a new server and not 7 years old. Leaving things as they are would bring us back to the situation we described.

Thanks for your patience and we are sure you will appreciate the result when we catch up to the level of content from the previous incarnation of WoM.
No way you do another content update when 95% of ppl are not even on Azrael right?

Hello,

I've played back in 2014, familiar is a bit of a stretch.
There sure weren't:
  • farm spots with 5 stones,
  • thousands of changers on the market,
  • rigged upgrade rates,
  • naaga run,
  • custom-made upgrade prices as gold sinks,
  • chaos stones,
  • zoomer fishing system,
  • wheel-spinning XD
That's just to name a few, but taking into account how gaming evolved in general, you somehow conveyed a somewhat nostalgic server.
I think your main problem is this amalgamation isn't what previous players expected, no matter the server period they came from.
Also as the poster above says, you might be rushing stuff to cater to the high end of the players, which in theory might be good since they are the ones that play all day, but the gap you're creating might be discouraging.

Cheers and good luck hitting the sweet spot for most of us!

VFour

Hello,

I understand where you're coming from but, inflation started being a problem on this server from day 1 with the selling prices of the low lvl weapons. Although it is still a cool interpretation, wom2 was oldschool, and this server is leaning towards middleschool. However, to defend you, no one can expect the game to be as it was because first, the team is not the same, which results in a different vision. And also, as you mentioned, the game has to evolve.

Edit: Nonetheless, you backed yourselves against a corner by advertising the game as WoM2. It will slowly die.