What's new

PvP Suggestion

MementoMori

I want to talk about some things that have been bothering me more in recent PvP situations and need fixing. Before I start, I want to say that wom2.org has always been a nostalgic project for me. In this suggestion, I hope for a positive exchange, avoiding negativity and aiming for helpful solutions.

Now, for the first point: The server performance for PvP isn't good, causing the game to lag. This lag messes up gameplay, making it hard to use skills and move correctly. Many servers have improved, making PvP more fun for players. My suggestion is to make our server's performance as good as other common servers in 2024.

Another problem is with Open PvP. I was surprised to see that it's still possible to get on/off your mount freely during a fight, even interrupting skills. It's normal that once a fight starts, getting on/off the mount should be stopped for a few seconds. This is really important and should be fixed quickly. It messes up Open PvP and isn't how it's supposed to be. (People who disagree might not be in fights and should think about playing PvP.)

Thanks a lot

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

i think there are more reasons for why is PvP so dead atm, it isnt only about horses/pets and lags, there is more. As we talked in some other suggestion thread players are nowadays very proud, they dont want to lose, they dont want to just have pure fun even if that means laughing begind the screen while their char is dead on the ground. Players mentality isnt what it was at beginning and sadly thats what affecting PvP part of this game. However there's nothing much we can do about it sadly. Sure some aspects can be improved but if players simply refuse to do PvP, despite everything run smoothly they wont do it regardless.

Regards.

Ano

it would be cool if the Staff can change the Mount down/up like with teleporting like when you get hited that you cant use ring

atm you see only pets after first skill is done (since the dmg is high af)

4hunnid

add some insentives to do pvp and it will get more popular. There are needed some ways to get yang out of the investment needed for the eq. That is whats missing 100%. First you need good pvm eq do get more money and then you can even start to think, if you want to do pvp, but pvm eq is so expensive that only the extremely rich can even think about buying pvp eq. Of course noone with only pvm eq wants to do random duells bc it just doesnt make any sense.
Hello,

i think there are more reasons for why is PvP so dead atm, it isnt only about horses/pets and lags, there is more. As we talked in some other suggestion thread players are nowadays very proud, they dont want to lose, they dont want to just have pure fun even if that means laughing begind the screen while their char is dead on the ground. Players mentality isnt what it was at beginning and sadly thats what affecting PvP part of this game. However there's nothing much we can do about it sadly. Sure some aspects can be improved but if players simply refuse to do PvP, despite everything run smoothly they wont do it regardless.

Regards.

Ano

it would be cool if the Staff can change the Mount down/up like with teleporting like when you get hited that you cant use ring

atm you see only pets after first skill is done (since the dmg is high af)
@Asteria this was the main problem of the post btw

SairusHunt

Yes, although I enjoy watching those wars, its insane that you see mounting and dismounting more than the usage of actual skills. On the other hand, they cant compromise using mounts in random confrontations between players while farming, which would also be considered engaging in PvP, while they are actually just trying to hit the stone

DerBrecher

Dear Wom Community and Esteemed Game Masters,

We wish to bring attention to a matter regarding PvP content that has been increasingly prominent in recent Open PvP Fights – the disproportionate influence of mounts. It has become evident that mounts are playing a larger role in PvP than intended, making it exceedingly challenging to engage in combat against Archery and other classes when mounts are utilized.

Let us clarify that we are ardent supporters of skillful PvP, where evading opponent attacks and executing strategic maneuvers are accomplished by the character alone, rather than relying on a mount that isn't inherently designed for combat. We have observed instances where players execute a couple of skills, mount up, retreat, cast spells, and repeat the process. We believe this approach deviates from the essence of PvP and skillful gameplay.

To address this concern, we propose a concrete suggestion: implementing a temporary mount disablement for approximately 10 seconds following either receiving a PvP hit (skill) or initiating a skill against another player. The specific trigger can be determined based on what proves more effective in maintaining a balanced PvP environment without negatively impacting PvM content.

We trust that many players share our sentiments on this matter and are hopeful that the development team can devise an effective solution to curtail this gameplay style.

Best Regards.

r1r2r3

there were more suggestions/topics with the mounting in pvp, everything possible has been suggested so far, nothing was accepted..

Asteria

Administrator
Staff member
Dear Wom Community and Esteemed Game Masters,

We wish to bring attention to a matter regarding PvP content that has been increasingly prominent in recent Open PvP Fights – the disproportionate influence of mounts. It has become evident that mounts are playing a larger role in PvP than intended, making it exceedingly challenging to engage in combat against Archery and other classes when mounts are utilized.

Let us clarify that we are ardent supporters of skillful PvP, where evading opponent attacks and executing strategic maneuvers are accomplished by the character alone, rather than relying on a mount that isn't inherently designed for combat. We have observed instances where players execute a couple of skills, mount up, retreat, cast spells, and repeat the process. We believe this approach deviates from the essence of PvP and skillful gameplay.

To address this concern, we propose a concrete suggestion: implementing a temporary mount disablement for approximately 10 seconds following either receiving a PvP hit (skill) or initiating a skill against another player. The specific trigger can be determined based on what proves more effective in maintaining a balanced PvP environment without negatively impacting PvM content.

We trust that many players share our sentiments on this matter and are hopeful that the development team can devise an effective solution to curtail this gameplay style.

Best Regards.
Hello,

i forwarded it to the the team of course, your whole post. I understand that mounts do affect pvp however its not the only issue causing pvp to be dead in my opinion.

Regards.

DerBrecher

Certainly it is not the only reason. But it is very important and many voices are arguing that something should be changed at this fundamental point. I always think voting is a good way to find out exactly what the community stands for. Ultimately, of course, the team decides. But I think it is important that the team and the community find solutions and improve the server together.

RealDrew

Nothing has to be changed regarding mounts system. You have Nation War, Dojang and Guild Wars for PvP without mounts.

There are endless possibilities to ruin an only PvM player's experience by introducing some sort of mount cooldowns or anything like that + there is already a 3-5s cooldown after un-mounting where your spells only hit Miss, so that's more than enough.

Funniest thing is that players who ask for that are mostly Hated members, who abuse mounts in oPvP more than anybody on planet Earth, you can see this in all my videos (more to come). So I guess they just want to do other disgusting things more likely related to PvM as I stated above.

Toxic

-1 as I've said in the last 1284718471 times someone came with this bright idea, yea you fix your salty issue that warriors oneshot you from pet and people run away but you literally murder archers and light mages in opvp that have no real escape from a dagger ninja or a body warrior
Like people cry Drew runs on pet like he's not an archer and he only has one sad skill to push people off him a bit like be fr :ROFLMAO: